Internet Passenger Support classification

ChairPrefRes

Aug 19, 2002
Now here is an idea that could not have eminated from any of U's current call centers.. How much success has U had filling new hire positions at our currently bloated wages...I would say only 50 of the last 500 employess that successfuly appied for the position are still here after 2 yrs...This operation should be located in Mexico where they have no competition from Mickey D's or other better job's...Keeping employees filled for the positions will be nearly impossible...So when they approach you about deciding about taking a furlough or working for dot.com do your self a favor...Take the furlough and flight bennies and say see ya...They'll call you back soon...And Oh buy the way, according to the CWA rep you'll still have bumping rights if no openings are available at your res center you can bump less seniors at any res center as long as we ratify the contract (otherwise who knows)

CharPrefRes...you would have NO bumping rights according to our local president here in Orlando. Your options would be to accept the postition with DotCom, transfer to another office IF there openings, work for Mid Atlantic Airlines at the DotCom rates or accept the furlough package. Usresman also stated the same thing and I disagreed and he recommended I check with a CWA rep which I did...took it to the top.

I agree! Let's take the flight benefits, 70% of us choose furloughs and we'll wait for the company to call us back to work. They will once they have to report lost revenues due to poor customer service and U is consistently the last on the DOT lists if on it at all. They will have to explain why they are still losing money after all the other airlines have recovered and growing again. But, who knows if U will survive such a bad Public Relations nightmare. I doubt it would be able to handle losing it's current reputation by replacing the best Customer Service for the worst. That's not something passengers are quick to forgive. I for one have another job right now and am leaving to go start my new career which by the way pays more, has a pension, more vacation benefits, upward and outward mobility, and scheduling flexibility too! In every aspect a better environment than U has provided and out of this world compared to what U wants to show us in the future. Best of all, there is no union to sell me down the river so they can collect more cash.

Lilninj

MCO there has been no modifiction to that part of the contract so it seems like that could be challenged...Much of the original provisions of the contract stay in force...I asked our local cwa pres that question specifically...If an office were to close would the system displacement provision stay in force and she said yes...So maybe she needs to check with higer level...(note if ask 10 different official cwa reps a question you'll get at least 30 different answers)

I was told by Mr.Siegel, that unless the provisions were made in the new TA regarding any issue, then all the old provisions are still in force. If bumping rights exist in the old contract, then they are still valid.

There needs to be some clarification and if anyone can show me differently, then this is my take on the TA.

2 new classifications...CWA Express(ATO Folks) and Internet Passenger Support (RES folks)

CWA represented employees MAY apply for Express and Internet Passenger Support vacancies and will be considered pursuant to Article 9 of the CBA( original contract)This will pertain to LOCATION..LOCATION...LOCATION
Example(only an example) The company chooses to make Pit the Internet Passenger Support location. These folks have no choice but to take it or leave. You can be sure there will be no vacancies at other res offices.

CWA Express...is what it says, if your location (CLT,PHL,PIT,BOS,DCA,LGA) is express, then suck up and take the new classification pay.

NOW THE BIGGIE...... MDA(Jets for Jobs)
What is MDA? A NEW WHOLLY OWNED CARRIER. Which by the way will be represented by none other than CWA. CWA and the Company will begin negotiations 21 days after the ratification of this TA. ( I suspect this will be the name of our new company after emerging from bankrupcy)
Employees who are furloughed on or after the effective date of this agreement who DESIRE transfer to an MDA Vacancy will be required to notify MDA and submit their application to MDA

This is my take only......

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 11:14:55 AM resconcerns wrote:

There needs to be some clarification and if anyone can show me differently, then this is my take on the TA.

2 new classifications...CWA Express(ATO Folks) and Internet Passenger Support (RES folks)

CWA represented employees MAY apply for Express and Internet Passenger Support vacancies and will be considered pursuant to Article 9 of the CBA( original contract)This will pertain to LOCATION..LOCATION...LOCATION
Example(only an example) The company chooses to make Pit the Internet Passenger Support location. These folks have no choice but to take it or leave. You can be sure there will be no vacancies at other res offices.

CWA Express...is what it says, if your location (CLT,PHL,PIT,BOS,DCA,LGA) is express, then suck up and take the new classification pay.

NOW THE BIGGIE...... MDA(Jets for Jobs)
What is MDA? A NEW WHOLLY OWNED CARRIER. Which by the way will be represented by none other than CWA. CWA and the Company will begin negotiations 21 days after the ratification of this TA. ( I suspect this will be the name of our new company after emerging from bankrupcy)
Employees who are furloughed on or after the effective date of this agreement who DESIRE transfer to an MDA Vacancy will be required to notify MDA and submit their application to MDA

This is my take only......

----------------
[/blockquote]
If what you are saying is the case then when mainline stations go express now why is it that they can bump thoughout the system, and are not locked into that station???

This question was on the Q&A sheet that was handed out and is also posted on the web...CSA are not required to accept the express or internet positions and may exercise their rights of the CSA displacement and furlogh provision...in the CBA...So it seems like they could bump other CSA of the same classifcation with less senoirity if there are not enough positions available...This was how it was done when the other offices were closed...Fortunately there were enough openings that people didnt have to bump others...But many recieved a packet in case that happened..

OK I got a note back that refered to the contract being in force for system displace if there is an office closure...Displacement and furlough rights remain in tact...Now the question I sent back was if there is a reduction in force at your location or if its swiched to .com what procedures are in the contract for that...(since it's technically not a closure) Do you still get bumping rights??? I think this will be the crux of the issue...

I think the key thing here is what will this be called if an office goes to DotCom??? This IMO is not going to be a system wide displacement just an office changing function which is not really addressed to my and maybe everyones liking. IMO before this happens I do believe U will offer early retirements for those who qualify and due to the state of our industry I believe quite a few will take them up if the offer is right. IMO I think anyone in INT can breath easy because it will not be that office, MCO or PIT should be a little concerned.