FLL-LGW
FLL-LIM
FLL-CCS
FLL-BOG
FLL-YYZ
FLL-YUL

PHX-FRA
PHX-LGW

Any comments or additions? Even though this industry is completely illogical, I can't for the life of me see how any of these routes could lose money?!

PHL - DEL
PHL - BOM

Seats to India are very tight.

CLT - CDG

PHX - CDG

LAS - LGW
LAS - FRA

PHL - CPN

I'm going to be an ass. Sorry in advance. :D

jcw said:
PHL - CPN
[post="286838"][/post]​
Cape Rodney, Papua New Guinea? That would show off the famed 'business acumen' now wouldn't it? :p

CPH might make a decent destination. However I would expect SK to fly that, not US.

BOS-FCO-MXP (Large Italian Community in BOS)
FLL-MAD-BCN (Large Spanish Community South Florida)
PHL-NCE
PHL-LIS (ETOPS 757)

Winter Season ETOPS 757
PHL-DUB-SNN
PHL-BCN

Lets hope that once HP gets their 757s ETOPS certified, they will see that using them the other way (Transatlantic) couldl be beneficial as well.

Regarding new routes, I think TPA/MCO-SJU would be a good route, not only for locals, but for some GoCaribbean conx. Here is some info on the local Puerto Rican markets.
Largest stateside Puerto Rican populations

U.S. metropolitan areas, ranked by Puerto Rican population, 2003:

1. New York City: 923,682

2. Philadelphia: 166,632

3. Chicago: 166,305

4. Orlando: 161,426

5. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater: 97,805

6. Miami: 93,373

What city are you referring to? Many of the cities listed would be able to offer STAR connections both ways. That might be a determining factor as to what new cities would be able to handle PHL conx traffic.

tadjr said:
What city are you referring to? Many of the cities listed would be able to offer STAR connections both ways. That might be a determining factor as to what new cities would be able to handle PHL conx traffic.
[post="286944"][/post]​
Connecting traffic doesn't make much money, especially when it is double-connecting traffic, unless it is high fare premium traffic. What cities can be reached by routing through secondary Star European hubs that can't be reached via the main ones? I'm sure there are a few, but not enough to be profitable.

I think exploring secondary European markets is an excellent strategy and lots of us have been calling for US to do that for a while, even before CO & AA started doing it.

Of course, US has a widebody aircraft shortage. The 762 is the right-sized plane to use to a lot of potential destinations, but it can't be pulled off the main routes.

tadjr said:
Lets hope that once HP gets their 757s ETOPS certified, they will see that using them the other way (Transatlantic) couldl be beneficial as well.

Regarding new routes, I think TPA/MCO-SJU would be a good route, not only for locals, but for some GoCaribbean conx. Here is some info on the local Puerto Rican markets.
Largest stateside Puerto Rican populations

U.S. metropolitan areas, ranked by Puerto Rican population, 2003:

1. New York City: 923,682

2. Philadelphia: 166,632

3. Chicago: 166,305

4. Orlando: 161,426

5. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater: 97,805

6. Miami: 93,373
[post="286941"][/post]​

You know what should of been done but avery long time ago was LGA-SJU!!! back in 2000 when TWA went under AA, AA had a MONOPOLY on JFK-SJU. They were the only ones for almost 2 years. I actually wrote a letter to wolf at the time(I was a new hire I thought he cared) telling him about this, and he answered saying that the airplane performance counldn't carry enough fuel and the runway size to do that route. Well he was full of s :censored: t, since last year we are flying LGA-SJU but saturday only. Jetblue moved in and today in day they have 6 flight a day to New York. Damn they can fill a plane at 0210 in the morning.rk you know that there are people on that route( I know this cause I always take that flight for my comute). I say raise at least LGA-SJU to at least 1 flight daily and not the saturday crap we are doing now.

GroundedBoricua said:
I say raise at least LGA-SJU to at least 1 flight daily and not the saturday crap we are doing now.

US Airways can't offer LGA-SJU daily, and neither can any other airline. At 1608 miles, LGA-SJU is outside the 1500-mile LGA perimeter (which has an exception for DEN), which happens to not be in effect on Saturday, which is why US can fly LGA-SJU on Saturday.