Is the Railway Labor Act next after Janus Ruling?

Now of course YOU realize that the ILWU,(as opposed to the east/gulf coast ILA), AGREED to containerization , therefore getting a ROCK SOLID unbreakable Contract from the Pacific maritime association , RIGHT Eric ??
Their,(the ILWU) contract is soooo powerful , that it forced the DIGGING of ANOTHER Panama Canal. THAT my friend is F Strength !!!!!!!! Will they lose 'some' work because of the Panamax ships ? Yes ' Some ', but not enough to be able to BREAK that Union !
I've got a book for you Eric, that you should read. " Burning Bridges , America's 20 year Crusade to Deport Labor Leader Harry Bridges " ISBN # 978-0-9983471-0-3 / Peter Afrasiabi / Thirlmere Books.

J Edgar AND the Govt. Could NOT Take HARRY BRIDGES down !!
AND, along with the class 1 Railroads, you will never live long enough to see technology break those 2 Unions !

They are in the fetal position today and it is only because of laws compelling others to pay dues for their **** 'representation' that they are still around.

The unions in this country are an absolute joke compared to their counterparts in Europe, South Africa, Israel, etc.

Josh

Nothing personal old man but I don’t think many here give a chit about those unions and what they do.We all work for weak ass airline unions who have helped put themselves in this spot by worrying about dues income and various fat catting and cronyism

Nothing personal old man but I don’t think many here give a chit about those unions and what they do.We all work for weak ass airline unions who have helped put themselves in this spot by worrying about dues income and various fat catting and cronyism

The IAM is a weak airline union whose size, prominence, relevance, significance continues to diminish. They make deals with companies for voluntary recognition schemes like UGE and McGee where they extend near minimum wage pay, 16 page CBAs rife with "in accordance to company policy" and "at the discretion of management" and healthcare benchmarked to ACA silver coverage. Pretty low bar for what constitutes for a union job, but they will do anything for dues.

Josh

The IAM is a weak airline union whose size, prominence, relevance, significance continues to diminish. They make deals with companies for voluntary recognition schemes like UGE and McGee where they extend near minimum wage pay, 16 page CBAs rife with "in accordance to company policy" and "at the discretion of management" and healthcare benchmarked to ACA silver coverage. Pretty low bar for what constitutes for a union job, but they will do anything for dues.

Josh

700 will put out a contract on you.......

Just making and Proving my point about the RR's and The West Coast Longshoremen / Dock Workers, clit-rat !
(And) I agree that the Airline Unions(whats left of them) leave a lot to be desired.

Additionally, when a Nit Wit like 737823 / Josh, make a ' KNOW NOTHING ' statement, about the Unions of the country's class 1 RR's, and Especially the West Coast Longshoremens Union, well, all I can do is shake my head in Amazement. When our BOY ' Josh ', pontificates that the ILWU has **** representation, it's at that point that I realize that he's INSANE ! Here's Why.
If there is a 'walkout' in Anchorage, ALL WORK STOPS from ANC to San Diego. The ILWU was wise enough to demand, in negotiations(when they agreed to containerization), a SINGLE CONTRACT for the whole F west coast ! As for the RR's, they too have a Single National Contract.
Should both entity's Cease Work, the Country is Very Much Paralyzed, AND, it's Why, NOBODY Fux with either of them !!!

Last edited:
Just making and Proving my point about the RR's and The West Coast Longshoremen / Dock Workers, clit-rat !
(And) I agree that the Airline Unions(whats left of them) leave a lot to be desired.

Additionally, when a Nit Wit like 737823 / Josh, make a ' KNOW NOTHING ' statement, about the Unions of the country's class 1 RR's, and Especially the West Coast Longshoremens Union, well, all I can do is shake my head in Amazement. When our BOY ' Josh ', pontificates that the ILWU has **** representation, it's at that point that I realize that he's INSANE ! Here's Why.
If there is a 'walkout' in Anchorage, ALL WORK STOPS from ANC to San Diego. The ILWU was wise enough to demand, in negotiations(when they agreed to containerization), a SINGLE CONTRACT for the whole F west coast ! As for the RR's, they too have a Single National Contract.
Should both entity's Cease Work, the Country is Very Much Paralyzed, AND, it's Why, NOBODY Fux with either of them !!!

Bears all of labor is just trying to hold onto what they have. Public sector has been organized labors area of growth for the past decade which will no longer be as lucrative and advantageous to the union bosses thanks to Janus.

Let me guess labor is going to try Andy Stern’s idea from circa 2007 of trying to organize white collar merit professionals?

Josh

Every state is now essentially a right to work state. It's not an overstatement to say this ruling is a death knell for unions as we know them, and will dramatically change Democratic politics.
The vast majority of unionized U.S. employees work in government-dominated industries. So, far from the old image of unions representing the working man who needed extra protections because of dangerous conditions, today unions represent mostly white-collar people, largely an army of clerks necessitated by government programs and regulations.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/11...tm_content=crtv-capitol-hill-brief-newsletter