Is this true?

I think I would put maritime patrole befor at least some of that. Try 400Kts at 100 feet in something as big as an Aurora. Its not 13Hrs straight and level as described. Try 300ft at night in IMC over a stormy sea loacalizing and tracking a submarine.

Everyone has there thing I suppose. Aurora (at times) can be pretty fun.

MS

May be. I have never been there or done that, so I don't know but it seems racy
2.gif

Ironman2909 said:
<DIV>Well, don''t get me wrong on this!<BR><BR>I''ve always has great respect for those choppers pilots in the CAF. .....but my heart and passion is with fixed wing aircraft......always love the speed!</DIV>
...one more point, your heart may be fixed-wing, but in the military, you may end-up having to fly helos regardless... as there are more helicopter cockpits. You also need to consider what you want to do after your military career, although most people dont think that far... For what its worth, if your ambition is to fly airlines, there are more and more ex-military helo pilots who make their way to the airlines. A bit harder but it can be done. Case in point, my buddy Tony Snieder who was a Chinook pilot to start, is now living in Hawaii flying for Aloha Airlines, on 737, and he spent the last 3 years on Airbus A320 with United... so there!

Tony you're my hero by the way...

Aloha