Is USAirways hostile takeover Of AA for Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you are keeping score, I already "exposed" you as twisting, lying and mud-slinging to further your cause to tell us how great an airline you work for. We all know the $#!7 that is in the jar and labeling it ROSES doesn't make it smell any better!!!

You did, I must have missed it. All of this knowledge from a guy that drives a friggen truck around the airport. Very credible indeed.

Pitbull doesnt work for US or any other airline, Pitbull is retired and is in a field unrelated to the Airlines.

AMR once sat on bedrock foundation maintained by even harder managers such as Crandall. In recent years the company and the unions have in unison allowed AMR to wither away into what is left, a company on a pile of rubble.

USAir or whatever comes along will tests the waters, push and prod. Serious or not is not a problem but what is is that AMR can not move forward, as other competition pushes forward, against AMR while in BK court. Other faux offers will appear only to bog down this once proud company even longer.

You did, I must have missed it. All of this knowledge from a guy that drives a friggen truck around the airport. Very credible indeed.

I don't drive a truck. That's your own conclusion. You also accuse me of not getting a job or being fired from USeless-wrong again. I guess the image in the mirror lies!

... All of this knowledge...Very credible indeed.

The knowledge comes from US on these very forums. In no particular order, let me give a sample of the knowledge I received on these forums courtesy of the employees of US Airways...

In 2005 America West bought US's @$$ out of oblivion. This "merger" is going very well as long as you aren't paying attention.
Not sure the year, but Mergin Doug attempted and failed a hostile takeover of Delta while in...drum roll please...BK!
A depressed Dug gets a DWI, he obliously didn't pay the right politician. Maybe Delta did.

You must have missed 2008, that basically wasn't a good year for US. It started with The Great Duct Tape Debate of '08, when US employees went on a smear campaign to show US's delipidated planes with duct tape as a miracle fix to anything. From floor carpeting to 1st class seats. Why if you duct tape copy paper, you have a curtain or movie screen!

Then came the cracks on WN aircraft, and the US vultures gloated beyond belief. Then Air Karma came along and parts of US aircraft, including something with a landing gear, started coming off due to a gremlin.

When Delta merged with Northwest, US began chatting a merger with United, which fizzled but was revived when United went for Continental and US was left empty handed.

I can write the next 10 Airplanes based on your airline. There is oh, sooo much, but let me share the true identity of US. When 1549 landed as safely as possible in the Hudson, US finally came together like never before. When Sully's picture came up, everybody oohhhh and aahhh all over the place.

...then someone mentioned that he was wearing his 20 year ALPA pin.

How's that for knowledge? And I haven't scratched the surface.

Do the labor groups really want the merger? Or, are they using it as a bargaining chip?

Blue bird or blue star,

You guys come from the same fold, bunch of newbies fishing around these waters. You haven't quite defined who YOU ARE...BUT I suspect I know.

If I were AA unions' leadership and in BK, I would use whatever leverage I could create to "balance" the equation. BK is an unfair tool used by corporations to get a "free pass", protected from creditors and wipe their debts clean. This is the only means by which to take contract language that had been years negotiated in "good faith" and toss it out. The process in BK is a means by which the company can be "unfaithful" at the table. That is why there are laws on how many BK a corporation can use this type of tool. Unlike personal BK, an individual will suffer the consequences of a BK filing for a decade or more of poor or not credit worthy. On the flip side, when a corporation does it, and cleans their debt, new investors are waiting in line to get on board a debt free corporation that can prove it has a good business plan. Of course these debts that are wiped go to the taxpayers to be paid. Taxpayers never get a free pass.

No one protects Labor contracts in this arena except labor. They have to muster up and create what works to give them some leverage against their managment WANTS vs. need, and the judges gavel.

You offer nothing more than anyone else who reads a news article having to do with the airlines. Still amazed at your fixation and dislike for US when you claim to have no affiliations with them. Your rants are like me posting night and day about the inside goings on at Walmart, when I work for an auto dealership. Keep it going, I'm sure many are getting a few good laughs.

HP didnt buy US, US and HP merged and it was funded by outside investors arranged by US and not HP.

You offer nothing more than anyone else who reads a news article having to do with the airlines. Still amazed at your fixation and dislike for US when you claim to have no affiliations with them. Your rants are like me posting night and day about the inside goings on at Walmart, when I work for an auto dealership. Keep it going, I'm sure many are getting a few good laughs.

And laughs is what it is all about!

I'll tell you what, if US merges with AA, I will back off attacking US. If not, then your words will fall on deaf ears, pretty much like mine do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back