Is USAirways hostile takeover Of AA for Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you aren't Labor.

Bigger dosen't mean better, or more improved. Some speculative synergies don't always work. The potential works for investors long enough to get their pockets lined, and then they bail. Just like the stock market players.

History tends to repeat itself when lessons aren't learned.

I'm sure you've been long enough on this planet to understand what that means.

So I'm not labor because I prefer to have a more secure and stable future with a stronger company?
That's a pretty foolish accusation to say the least, and its coming from someone who is outside of the box.

Quote:
Our leverage in BK was putting everything out there in the media. The media became our friend. Management hated that. We got the customer to care enough as they became privy to our plight at that time. I had two chairman preferred come to my office and discuss the issues, they felt so bad. They were the FFOCUS GROUP; chairman preferred customers with USAirways.

http://ffocus.org/

I might be wrong but FFOCUS may be part of the problem and they were just blowing a smokescreen. If they are interested in keeping fares low, saving the frequent flier miles, enforcing a passengers bill of rights, etc., it goes without saying that they play one against the other.

Logic dictates that if this is true, and the airline must conform to keeping them happy, without passing out pacifiers, the expense will come to the airline's employees.

Think about it.

And the alternate option is????
Without being able to expand and grow the airline in the coming years, the employees will be screwed as well.

So I'm not labor because I prefer to have a more secure and stable future with a stronger company?
That's a pretty foolish accusation to say the least, and its coming from someone who is outside of the box.

"A more sescure and stable future with a stronger company?" Now, that is funny..

What did you say about foolish?
Everything comes at a price, my friend. How much are you willing to give to U for that "pie in the sky" security? Ask the employees of USAirways how secure they feel at the present moment.

And your answer to a stronger airline with a better Outlook is?
Where is US headed as a stand alone carrier?
Are we looking at any growth as is?
I along with many others have already endured all of the past hardships, so things can only get better. Once you have been furloughed, relocated, etc, it can't get worse.
Already been thru hell a few times in the last 10 years.

Airlines have expanded without mergers. USAirways has merged in its history with Piedmont, Braniff, America West (of recent), still subject to mass furloughs and downsizing.

I think you folks over at American think that the prevailing unions will be AA. Now that is funny. Don't think for one second that the labor groups at USAiways are going to lay back and say "come on aboard my fellow brethren, we will support your frozen pensions while we have none". "And by the way, we really like your union leadership and their wonderful way of stapling merged groups to the bottom of the seniority list". American labor did that to the TWA employees as American acquired TWA. That was the WRONG way to go about intergration...that's why you guys are last on the list for merging. USAirways already merged with America West. American with no one. You guys have a bad history as unionists.

USAirways would be acquiring AA (hostile infact). Now what? How do you think intergration will work knowing AA history?????

What do you think USAirways labor is thinking right about now? Let's hold hands and sing "Kumbaya"..

All the while USAirways f/as just recently turned down their T/As with a strong management that won't give them anything after 10 years, but oh boy, they're going to give it to American labor??????

Keep dreaming on how easy you think this would be...

And the alternate option is????
Without being able to expand and grow the airline in the coming years, the employees will be screwed as well.

Your assuming it's a done deal. And I'm the one paying attention to the useless media!

Regardless what you think of WT, forget me, he has indicated that Delta will not stand idley by and let it happen. And who knows if others are ready to pull the rug out from under US.

Whether I make sense or am pulling $#!7 out my butt, it's just an opinion...pretty much like your theories.

Never said anything was a done deal. I know better than to assume anything of the sort. Delta may be interested in parts of AA, and that won't be favorable to labor at AA.

Airlines have expanded without mergers. USAirways has merged in its history with Piedmont, Braniff, America West (of recent), still subject to mass furloughs and downsizing.

All American Aviation changed their name to Allegheny in 1953. Allegheny purchased Lake Central in 1968 and Mohawk in 1972. Allegheny changed its name to USAir in 1979. USAir purchased Pacific Southwest Airlines (PSA) in 1986 and Piedmont in 1987. USAir changed its name to US Airways in 1996. America West Airlines purchased US Airways in 2005 and retained the US Airways name.

US Airways never merged with Braniff. All three Braniff's went Bankrupt and shutdown.

AA did to TWA, like TWA did to Ozark in some ways.

My late father who was Lake Central (First Officer), Ozark (First Officer & Capt) & TWA (Capt) went through merger BS with TWA and then two of the three bankruptcies with TWA. He missed out on the AA mess due to retirement. Mergers & bankruptcies hurt everyone, because someone is going to lose their job eventually or get screwed over by their union(s).

All American Aviation changed their name to Allegheny in 1953. Allegheny purchased Lake Central in 1968 and Mohawk in 1972. Allegheny changed its name to USAir in 1979. USAir purchased Pacific Southwest Airlines (PSA) in 1986 and Piedmont in 1987. USAir changed its name to US Airways in 1996. America West Airlines purchased US Airways in 2005 and retained the US Airways name.

US Airways never merged with Braniff. All three Braniff's went Bankrupt and shutdown.

You are correct. I mispoke. I meant PSA. Once you post on here, they give you about 5 minutes to edit and then you can't get back in.

Thanks.

I believe on this Board, next page, there is a discussion regarding TPG and USAirways trying to acquire AMR.

I do remember TPG as the "debtor in possession" financing our first BK, Mr. Bonnerman. The Second BK was financed by Alabama Systems Retirement Board, I believe his name was Dr. Bronner ( I called him Dr. Bone Head in the media). I met the guy in CLT at a special meeting of the MEC. Didn't like him, like a snake in the grass...he knew it too. He ended up terminating our pension plans as he was the main investor of our BK (#2). I was so upset over this because he was the president of the teachers pensions in Alabama. I equated it as taking our pensions and dumping them to the gov. and taking the savings and funding the Teachers pension plans in AL.No heart; no empathy.

Does someone from U recall this? Bonnerman was very good friends with the then CEO Dave Siegal Of US Airways. They went to Harvard together. It seems to me all the scum bag execs go to Harvard, and then years later they meet up again, take what they are taught, scheme to destroy companies and line their pockets off the backs of others.They must have taken a special course at Harvard about the BK laws, cause where you see a BK, you'll see TPG. Stephen Wolf went to Harvard as well the CEO of U before 9/11. He brought in all the union busters in 2002 to take over U and destroy all the labor contracts on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back