Is Your Money Market Fund the Next

U

UAL_TECH

Is Your Money Market Fund the Next Subprime Mortgage Debacle?

The financial meltdown surpassed another dismal milestone today as the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers forced one of the world's premiere money market funds to record a loss -- the first for such a fund in 14 years.

If you're scared that you, too, are going to get slammed, put your money in an FDIC-insured savings account and/or invest it in a money-market fund at a major firm that will be publicly humiliated if its funds drop. This is no guarantee, of course (the fund that lost money today is a big one), but it's better than investing in little money-market funds no one has ever heard of

Yahoo Finance Snapshot

BBC World Market Snapshot

:down:
B) xUT

I wonder if we asked Henry Paulson,Ben Ber-nack-key or W if they would tell us who's next to go "into the crapper" ? Then again, they wouldn't know, Nor would they Care !!

"4 More", because of the "Last 8" ? :down: I sincerely wonder how Gop voters are going to like "Schelling out" their Tax dollars to "prop up" Fanny/Freddy/AIG/ ? / ? / (thanks in Large part to "their own party") ? :shock:

I wonder if we asked Henry Paulson,Ben Ber-nack-key or W if they would tell us who's next to go "into the crapper" ? Then again, they wouldn't know, Nor would they Care !!

"4 More", because of the "Last 8" ? :down: I sincerely wonder how Gop voters are going to like "Schelling out" their Tax dollars to "prop up" Fanny/Freddy/AIG/ ? / ? / (thanks in Large part to "their own party") ? :shock:

I wish I could blindly differentiate one party over the other based on historical financial missteps.
Maybe if The dems (that were in control) during the S&L scandal & bailout made a difference, but they didn't.

Look at the wiki on the S&L and note the simularities that we are dealing with today, only compounded by 100 fold.

IMHO, none of 'professional' politicians are looking out for M'erica, much less the 'lil' fools (US) that they continue to rape and pillage.
Big money and lobbyists run this country, not you or I!

We have an oligarchic/plutocratic system that is run by professional politicians and their only goal is to better enrich themselves.

If I could believe 10% of what either candidate ‘promised’ then my choice would be clear. As it stands (for me), McCain is 5% and Obama is 1%.

JMHO, we are screwed either way. :down:

B) xUT