It just goes to show you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2006
Washington, DC
Just watched the 4/18/07 F/A Crew News Session with Dougie in CLT. When asked why we switched to these awful bags, the answer was? Why to save money of course! Anyone want to guess how much? You must be thinking Millions right. Wrong! They have subjected the 5000 East F/A's to these awful, leaky, easy to tear bags, to save $200,000 a year. When will it end? Doug did say he would bring the old bags back! We shall see. But really come on, mess up a good thing for $200,000 a year. This is the most Penny Wise...Dollar Foolish gang around!

The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Any thoughts?

You'll also notice if you rub the bag that they are treated with something. They have a powder like substance on them. They are almost half the size, don't hook on our 737 300/400 and 757/767 cart baskets, tear easily leaving liquid pouring onto the carpet your leg and most importantly your shoes. But it saved a few bucks. Now if only we'd advertise for HEFTY BAGS and get them for free. :lol: :rolleyes:

You'll also notice if you rub the bag that they are treated with something. They have a powder like substance on them. They are almost half the size, don't hook on our 737 300/400 and 757/767 cart baskets, tear easily leaving liquid pouring onto the carpet your leg and most importantly your shoes. But it saved a few bucks. Now if only we'd advertise for HEFTY BAGS and get them for free. :lol: :rolleyes:
As long as we get the Force Flex bags!

As long as we get the Force Flex bags!
Start saving the Plastic Grocery bags that you get when shopping, they'd be better off.

Just use those nasty bags and let 'em rip. Especially the one with the Coffee Grinds in them. Leave them soak up into the carpet and they'll have to shampoo them. Can fly with that odor. I say that, no I didn't. You shouldn't fly with that odor. Or better yet when DoUgIe is on the plane, make sure it breaks right on him. Alittle evil, but I think he'll get the message.

It's like this, I am in no way against saving money. Nothing better than working for a profitable and "respectable" carrier. We are NOT respected and the company just keeps implementing cut after cut to show a profit as a whole. The cutting of stupid stuff really shows the inability of those in charge of being, well ABLE. The cart bs, the bags, closets, galleys, f/c seats (who needs them right?) and the list goes on. It's one bad decision after another. I know to some having a bunch of f/a's gripe about a trash bag may seem trivial but if we need it to do a part of our job effectively why screw with it. It just goes on and on. Bring back the BA-12....Long live the BA-12. Thats the technical name for the white bag for those that don't know. :lol:

A few weeks ago a Shuttle flight called me in ops to inform the entire case of trash bags there where just given by catering (Sky Chefs) had holes in the bottom of them, great quality ! Since we here more and more that Tempe is lurking on these boards, Tempe why, why, why are things that work fine, great, ARE NOT BROKEN, are constantly being broken, by Tempe decisions. If you want the profits to continue then employees in the field need the PROPER TOOLS TO DO THEIR/OUR JOBS !

Respectfully

LGA777

I vaguely remember hearing in the beginning of this merger that the "new" Amer...I mean US Airways would take the best of both. I guess that didn't mean service. <_<

They truly are bad bags. I say double the bag which I honestly have been doing lately as well. That will get the bean counters attention when they see JUST how much they are spending on trash bags. Honestly.... :rolleyes:

What is the next thing that Tempe will be pushing? I say Trojan Condems, they can double as trash bags. :lol: :lol:

Have had the dubious honor of using the new bag. It will take 2 of the new to contain the same contents of the old bags. Not that I spend a great deal of time contemplating the virtues of trash bags-however the old will hold twice as much and are reliable. The new may or may not be reliable but are definitely smaller.

1. It would seem a wash if you use 1 compared to 2 bags.

2. One would think that the clout of buying LARGE amounts of these seemingly speacialized bags would hold some clout on pricing with the supplier.

3. Fine! If someone on the west side says that they work well, then OK. I'll use 2 vs. 1. No problem.

Could someone on the west side tell me if they are reliable?

P.S. I can't really believe that I'm making comments on trash bags and pieces of pie- I think I'll go get another beer. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back