It's A Good Thing NHBBears Retired

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Some September mainline cuts are coming out in Sabre already:

-4x BDL-ORD, leaving just 5 mainline departures a day (3 DFW, 1 MIA, 1 SJU). Even with the Eagle departures that they're handling, I don't see how the station stays open.

-2x IND-ORD, which leaves just 6 mainline trips (1 MIA, 5 DFW) at IND

-2x BWI-ORD, which leaves 12 mainline trips at BWI (8 DFW, 3 MIA, 1 SJU).

-1x DFW-BJX
-1x DFW-GSO
-5x DFW-MDW

I'm surprised the IND-ORD mainline lasted this long. For most of the 1990s, that was flown by ATRs (except for the brief period of their grounding, when F-100s were subbed on the route). TWA flew several mainline IND-STL DC-9s, and they inexplicably continued after the acquisition. Then, when the STL hub was de-hubbed in 2003 and went turboprop again, IND-ORD picked up some MD-80s. Very short flight for that kind of capacity, and limited number of elites or premium cabin fares. Probably would have been CRJ-700s if Eagle had more than 25 of them.

Some September mainline cuts are coming out in Sabre already:

-4x BDL-ORD, leaving just 5 mainline departures a day (3 DFW, 1 MIA, 1 SJU). Even with the Eagle departures that they're handling, I don't see how the station stays open.

-2x IND-ORD, which leaves just 6 mainline trips (1 MIA, 5 DFW) at IND

-2x BWI-ORD, which leaves 12 mainline trips at BWI (8 DFW, 3 MIA, 1 SJU).

-1x DFW-BJX
-1x DFW-GSO
-5x DFW-MDW

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well "E", It's my ferverent(SP?) hope, that Every AAer gets to RETIRE some day(soon)

As for closing BDL, with 5 mainline flights, and a handful of station protected full timers, they can't close the station(as far as I understand)(although I'm sure you'll correct me, if needed).

NH/BB's

Actually "E", I had hoped many times, that BDL would have closed(to AA fsc's), while I was "in it" !

Then,I would have done the only thing that I did'nt due/should have done, and that would have been to Xfer/work in Kennedy.

(Something about Narrowbodies, that was'nt my "cup of tea".
(although I do see Too many 757's in JFK these days) !

NH/BB's

As for closing BDL, with 5 mainline flights, and a handful of station protected full timers, they can't close the station(as far as I understand)(although I'm sure you'll correct me, if needed).

The station cannot be outsourced while there are station protected employees, but it most certainly could be closed. I don't recall if station protection prevents Eagle from backfilling in a market previously flown by AA, like PVD was.

The station cannot be outsourced while there are station protected employees, but it most certainly could be closed. I don't recall if station protection prevents Eagle from backfilling in a market previously flown by AA, like PVD was.

=========================================================

Well "E", a couple of things here.

First, PVD was never a "station protected, station".

Secondly, with Hartford CT. being the Insurance capital of the world, I would'nt expect to see those DFW flights dissapear anytime soon.

Also, the Hartford(CT)/Springfield(MA) area, has a HUGE spanish population, therefore I'd expect BDL/SJU to stay around also.

But, one "never knows"

NH/BB's