Lot's Of New Routes

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Lot's of new routes...

NEW DESTINATIONS...
Lexington, KY (DFW, 3x ERJ, 01May05/ORD, 2x ERJ, 09Jun05)
Savannah, GA (DFW, 3x ERJ, 09Jun05)

NEW ROUTES...
Atlanta-LaGuardia; 3x S80/2x ERJ 09Jun05
Charlotte-LaGuardia; 5x ERJ, 01May05
Dallas-Buffalo; 1x CR7 (2x on SaSu), 03Apr05*
(*third time in three years that DFW-BUF has been announced by Eagle; the first two times it never started)
Boston-Montreal, 4x ERJ, 01May05
St. Louis-JFK, 2x ERJ, 04May05

DISCONTINUED MARKETS:
JFK-San Jose (CA), 09Jun05
Boston-Richmond (Eagle), 30Apr05
Raleigh-Providence (Eagle), 30Apr05
LaGuardia-Kansas City, 08Jun05
Fort Lauderdale-St Louis, 09Jun05

INCREASED SERVICE:
Miami-Richmond; 1x daily to 2x daily, 01May05
(please tell me how MIA-RIC is going 2x daily [not a huge surprise, the flight averages 95%+ loads], and MIA-CMH is still just weekend-only service!)
Dallas-Dayton, 4x daily to 5x daily, 01May05

Not all new routes have been uploaded. It appears that this weekend, Eagle uploaded their summer schedule and AA just took away discontinued service, but have yet to add their new summer services just yet.

Atlanta-LaGuardia and Charlotte-LaGuardia are interseting additions...I don't even give the routes six months before they are discontinued.

regards,
mark

I cant figure it out either with the CMH-MIA service not going daily. They had it loaded last year and pulled it before it ever started. The new LGA service will be interesting to watch, hopefully it will last. Not suprised about the MCI-LGA being dropped as the loads were always light. Looks as though the blood bath may start this summer.

Don't have an old schedule or OAG handy, but weren't DFW-LEX/SAV flown by DL prior to shutting down the DFW hub?...

Agree that the LGA adds appear a bit odd, but sometimes you just have to throw &^*$ at the wall and see what sticks.

ATL just might stick, especially with all the people who may be getting tired of Song and Valujettrain. It also sends a subtle message to Joe Leonard -- LGA-ATL is one of their higher value routes, and it's no secret that DFW has been on their knees for several months trying to give FL enough incentive to take on some of DL's now empty gates.

Not quite as convinced with CLT, but if people are as jittery over buying tickets on USAir as the traffic reports might indicate, this provides a more stable alternative.

MIA-CMH has been around for a couple years now, so if it hasn't gone daily yet, I doubt it will anytime soon.

And yes, it is a lot of Eagle adds, but it's no secret that most of the known mainline growth for 2005 is going to be international. ORD-NGO, BOS-SNN, ORD-DUB, and hopefully, ORD-PVG, are new markets. Widebodies, with the exception of SNN. AA also just got an additional frequency which allows DFW-NRT #2 to go daily vs. 6x per week, and has added DFW-LGW #3.

I still have to wonder if there are more mainline adds coming. Lately, the market exits are announced about 120 days out, but market adds have been done about 100 days out.

CLT and just about any major banking center could work given CLTs' position as a financial center; the question is whether or not the routes are secured by agreements with the local financial institutions securing the profitability of those routes in the event that other carriers are no longer available for a direct.

LGA bypasses the JFK VanWyck traffic for a quicker turn into Manhatten and Wall Street.

I am so disappointed in losing the RDU service (in PVD)...it's so hard to get AA service up here as they seem to only care about BOS. The flights weren't breaking any records or anything, but the service lasted only 10 months! NO marketing AT ALL and then they pull the flights. I guess I have to go back to praying for a 2nd DFW (would have done that anyway) and the ever elusive MIA flight. Maybe we're being punished for all the world Championships we've been getting! GO PATS/SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those new DFW and PVD can't even get one, I'm having a bAAd day here...Thank goodness the PATS won!

Former ModerAAtor said:
MIA-CMH has been around for a couple years now, so if it hasn't gone daily yet, I doubt it will anytime soon.
[post="245965"][/post]​

MIA-CMH has only been around since July 2003, not even two years.

It was originally going daily 1 November 2004, that was pushed back to 2 January 2005. That has been canceled again.

I've heard a main reason is that the Delta pull-out at DFW has put a hold on a planned MQ expansion from MIA, because they need to put capacity back in Dallas. MQ was planning on launching a good number of MIA routes this year, starting with Miami-Dayton and Miami-Memphis. They still plan on launching those routes, but it is being put off for at least a year while they build-up gaps left by Delta at DFW (including the recent introductions of PNS, LEX, and SAV).

Former ModerAAtor said:
I still have to wonder if there are more mainline adds coming. Lately, the market exits are announced about 120 days out, but market adds have been done about 100 days out.
[post="245965"][/post]​

Yes, more additions are coming. What was uploaded this weekend were, mainly, the summer schedule for MQ and the discontinued service for mainline. The mainline additions have not been added yet, they should be up in a few weeks.

Funny how quickly IND-MIA went daily with an MD-80, having started with a weekend ERJ. Would have thought that CMH-MIA would be quickly upgraded to daily mainline service as well.

MAH4546 said:
MIA-CMH has only been around since July 2003, not even two years.

[post="246110"][/post]​

Au contrare.... MIA-CMH was flown as a winter only service from Dec 1999 to April 2000, and again from Dec 2000 to April 2001. Didn't come back post 9/11, but reappeared in July 2003.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Au contrare.... MIA-CMH was flown as a winter only service from Dec 1999 to April 2000, and again from Dec 2000 to April 2001. Didn't come back post 9/11, but reappeared in July 2003.
[post="246130"][/post]​

Yes, that is true. I thought you meant consistently. MIA-IND was flown at the same time as MIA-CMH. When MIA-IND returned, it became a daily M80. No reason MIA-CMH couldn't do well the same.

Eastern flew MIA-CMH years ago with a 727 and Delta had a DC-8 from FLL-CMH so I can't imagine why a RJ can't do well on the route with at least one daily. DL is able to run 2 RJ's CMH-FLL as well as 2 CMH-RSW, 5 CMH-MCO and 3 CMH-TPA.

Latest posts