Lot's Of New Routes

MAH4546 said:
\They still plan on launching those routes, but it is being put off for at least a year while they build-up gaps left by Delta at DFW (including the recent introductions of PNS, LEX, and SAV).
[post="246110"][/post]​

The question I have is how much expansion can Eagle do considering that Eagle won't be receiving that many more planes? IIRC, Eagle will only take delivery of a small number of RJ's this year and then thats it.

DLFlyer31 said:
The question I have is how much expansion can Eagle do considering that Eagle won't be receiving that many more planes?  IIRC, Eagle will only take delivery of a small number of RJ's this year and then thats it.
[post="246221"][/post]​

It is not going to be an expansion, rather a reallocation of aircraft.

American Eagle will continue to cut money loosing stations...Islip, Duluth, and Sioux Falls were cut last fall, and more will be cut in the coming month. Also, rumour is they are going to be cutting some of their west coast flying, like LAX-SNA, and some Boston routes have been getting the cuts too, BOS-RIC is gone next. They have also been reducing frequencies out of Raleigh.

With some more efficent aircraft scheduling, AEagle can properly build-up thier Miami operation. The last I heard, MQ was only planning to have about 22 daily flights from MIA, up form the current eight daily (plus some more on weekends with CVG/CMH). It wouldn't require the freeing of many aircraft to do that.

In Dallas, AEagle will still be launching two more routes this summer. Not confirmed yet, but I've heard Mobile and Tallahasse, with the latter getting MIA service too.

DLFlyer31 said:
The question I have is how much expansion can Eagle do considering that Eagle won't be receiving that many more planes? IIRC, Eagle will only take delivery of a small number of RJ's this year and then thats it.
[post="246221"][/post]​

American Eagle is taking delivery of 20 ERJ145s in the first half of 2005. 20 isn't a lot, but it will support some significant expansion. Those 20 aircraft could easily support upwards of 2 million+ daily ASMs. That equals a 7%+ increase over January 2005 ASMs.

The widely reported Embraer cancellations reported last fall involved 18 additional ERJs that had been scheduled for the last half of 2005 and early 2006.

MAH4546 is also correct - AE is redeploying many RJs around the system from loser routes to what are hoped to be more successful routes.

FWAAA said:
AE is redeploying many RJs around the system from loser routes to what are hoped to be more successful routes.
[post="246346"][/post]​

Don't overlook that AA is also taking on some current flying from Eagle, which frees up even more aircraft.

One frequency each on DFW-MEM/ICT/TUL/OKC are being upgraded to mainline. DFW-IAH goes up by two mainline. I'm sure there are other routes which are also being upgraded.