It's now confirmed ! :)

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
:)

I received this from our Uniform Committee! :)

Hi gang

Today Robyn and I had a conference call with the Marketing team, and it was announced that Stan Herman was selected as the designer of our new uniforms.

For those of you not familiar with Stan. He is an experienced retail and uniform designer, especially for the airline industry. Current programs include jetBlue since inception, manufactured and distributed by Lion Apparel. In addition, he designed uniforms for FedEx for over 25 years, manufactured and distributed by Vanity Fair.

Past projects include PanAm, TWA and United. Stan also operates ladies boutiques in NY and sells many garments via QVC. Located in New York City.

Stan will be in PHX on Monday, June 19th from 8:00-11:00am, for a Town Hall meeting where you will be able to provide him your input as to what your New uniform should entail in functionality and style. We will provide more information as to the location when it becomes available.

Watch for more information in the AboutUS newsletters and future AFA hotlines.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Bob

:)

I received this from our Uniform Committee! :)

Hi gang

Today Robyn and I had a conference call with the Marketing team, and it was announced that Stan Herman was selected as the designer of our new uniforms.

For those of you not familiar with Stan. He is an experienced retail and uniform designer, especially for the airline industry. Current programs include jetBlue since inception, manufactured and distributed by Lion Apparel. In addition, he designed uniforms for FedEx for over 25 years, manufactured and distributed by Vanity Fair.

Past projects include PanAm, TWA and United. Stan also operates ladies boutiques in NY and sells many garments via QVC. Located in New York City.

Stan will be in PHX on Monday, June 19th from 8:00-11:00am, for a Town Hall meeting where you will be able to provide him your input as to what your New uniform should entail in functionality and style. We will provide more information as to the location when it becomes available.

Watch for more information in the AboutUS newsletters and future AFA hotlines.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Bob
:up: :up: :up: That is AWESUM news! Can't wait to see what he comes up with. Kudos to the f/as and Uniform committee for holding out!!!

:up: :up: :up: That is AWESUM news! Can't wait to see what he comes up with. Kudos to the f/as and Uniform committee for holding out!!!

Yes! I'm so glad they have finally decided to hire a professional to design our uniforms. Can't wait. :)

His work...

Attachments

• 5797jbuniform.jpg
    5797jbuniform.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 5797jetblue_FA.jpg
    5797jetblue_FA.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 246
It will also probably be out of style in a much shorter time frame because of that.
Actually, I think that is the point of choosing this particular designer, who is used to designing uniforms, as opposed to a "fashion" designer who is used to constantly changing trends.
This guy has experience with finding the balance between affordability, durability, style, and longevity.

This guy has experience with finding the balance between affordability, durability, style, and longevity.
I guess the thing to do is look how often FedEx changes their style, since he has been working with them for 25 years.

Who pays for the uniforms?

Do you have any pictures of what those JetBlue uniforms look like in, say, a Size 16? That might be more relevant for this airline. :shock: :p ;)
They will be available in three sizes:

1) Small
2) Medium
3) Pittsburgh