new uniforms in the works

Thank you!! I think it is veru possible to have something between what SWA and what we now have, but I do NOT think ties automatically equals professionalism.

Of course a tie doesn't = prfessionalism, but are you looking for a soul plane huurrrnnnnyyyy b/c we can make a congregation jubilation up on that plane any time! Give me a break, I would die if i paid money for a ticket and some cheesy A+S came to me in a polo to serve me in first, that is downright lazy! Lets see JETBLUE is a LCC and they wear ties, Airtran, wears ties, Spirit does as well, they all do except SWA, and we all see how they are treated and they act like clowns on the plane. I hope that isn't what we turn into!

While a tie on a guy definately does look professional, there are other shirt styles we can go with that don't need one. Our own CEO doesn't wear a tie so why should we have to? He is after all the head of this LCC.

Trying to stay on topic, and avoid the cat-fighting...

Remember, its not just the pilots and FAs who wear these uniforms. The CSRs will wear the same uniforms, or at least something very smiliar (they do now at HP, hopefully that will change, because if I get called stewardess one more time....lol).

When working the ticket counter/gates (which is where I am speaking from experience, cant speak about pilots/FAs) it is imperitive that the fabric be easy to clean, as well as RESIST STAINS!! GD that always peeved me that they put me in this WHITE shirt while handling some of the dirtiest stuff in the ATO (bags/money). My shirt, before the change, was always filthy by the end of the day just from leaning over counters to interact with pax, or from bags brushing up against my clothes. We also need something that will look sharp on, but in my opinion, that is not a style issue, it is an individual issue. What I mean is, 3 tkt counter agts show up to open, we are all wearing the same clothes, why is it 1 of us looks like poop, while the others look sharp/clean/together? its individuals. I fully agree with the statement above about uniform checks on a regular basis. maybe not every time you clock in, but I would like to see the new US ensuring that all employees take pride in their appearance, and enforce it! There is no reason a sloppy employee should not be taken aside and told "hey, we've noticed your uniform is taking some hits, is it time to buy a new one? or can we get you to ensure your items are pressed before work please?"

I do not think style is the overriding factor, its pride! I do believe that dress does affect attitude and sometimes, even affects memory retention (training classes use the dress technique durring training).

I think khakies/polos can look just as sharp as any other uniform in the 'low cost' catagory, it is just a matter of how it is worn.

Remember, no matter how you want to compare, we are not in the same league with LH/BA/QF/AF...we are an LCC, and everything we do/wear/say will reflect that. Until the company wants to start footing the bill for a designer label, get used to polo/khakies.

Remember, no matter how you want to compare, we are not in the same league with LH/BA/QF/AF...we are an LCC, and everything we do/wear/say will reflect that. Until the company wants to start footing the bill for a designer label, get used to polo/khakies.
We use to be able to compare our service to the big leagues.Were you part of the agent/FA crossover work group at HP you know like the one people express had.

I am not an airline employee, just a follower of the industry and average passenger. I am also old school, so I prefer a professional look from cabin staff to gate agents. I do believe like others have posted that what you wear will reflect your attitude. It will also reflect back on your customers.

Our society has become so "casual obsessed," that I think expectations have lowered greatly. I have a lot of respect for the jobs that airline employees do and I think they should garner respect from the public. While not the most important way, one way is to look the part. I know this is very debatable, but I just don't think that Southwest's polo shirt and tennis shoes cut it. It is "Air Wal-Mart" in so many ways. A business professional or business casual look I believe is best.

One poster linked new Air France attire. Again, say what you will about the airline itself, but AF gets it as far as uniforms. Too bad the classic winged sea horse is not more prominent in the branding. Speaking of which, were I in charge of the new US+HP=newUS, I would rebrand the whole thing. The stylized flag motif is one of the worst airline logos. It's like a barcode of a flag. It just sits there, cold and dull.

That's my two cents. Best wishes to HP and US people. Keep 'em flying! :)

Oh my SBN, you're going to join me in the "US Stylized Flag Is A Graphic Disaster Club." (US FIG DC) On this board, it's only you and me. I call President!

It's especially wrong on the new livery. Hopefully, it will be phased out.

I fully respect those that are attached to it as a symbol of their work family.

Oh my SBN, you're going to join me in the "US Stylized Flag Is A Graphic Disaster Club." (US FIG DC) On this board, it's only you and me. I call President!

There's a club? :lol: Yes, a sad reminder of what Stephen Wolf can do to an airline. Look what he did to Republic. He 98% killed Herman the duck along with aqua and blue. Replaced by the no logo, weak font, "Republic." And the colors were the same as? Yup. What US Airways turned into. Not layed out the same on the livery, but the same colors. Zzzzzzzzz....... :boring:

You've got a new airline US folks, time for a bold, new image inside and out! :D

Of course a tie doesn't = prfessionalism, but are you looking for a soul plane huurrrnnnnyyyy b/c we can make a congregation jubilation up on that plane any time! Give me a break, I would die if i paid money for a ticket and some cheesy A+S came to me in a polo to serve me in first, that is downright lazy! Lets see JETBLUE is a LCC and they wear ties, Airtran, wears ties, Spirit does as well, they all do except SWA, and we all see how they are treated and they act like clowns on the plane. I hope that isn't what we turn into!

I respect your opinion. I really do. The problem I have with you is you do not respect those that differ. May I ask, Are you a male or female? If you are a female, who the hell are you to decide what guys want? Do YOU have tie rash because of the stupid invention that the SOCIETY had deemed professional? Well I do and I am sick of it!!
Also, Because I actually WORK on the airplanes WITH our customers, I have asked our TOP customers what they think. Verdict? THEY DON'T CARE!!! They want fun, kind, respectful crews, PERIOD!! You will no doubt try to discredit what I have posted, but I WORK with the customer. This is what they have told me. You can believe it or not. Infact, one customer stated that he felt by dressing casual, the US f/a's may be more inclined to have fun as opposed to the stiff disposition enforced upon us. But of course, I am wrong and you are right, MDArules.

There's a club? :lol: Yes, a sad reminder of what Stephen Wolf can do to an airline. Look what he did to Republic. He 98% killed Herman the duck along with aqua and blue. Replaced by the no logo, weak font, "Republic." And the colors were the same as? Yup. What US Airways turned into. Not layed out the same on the livery, but the same colors. Zzzzzzzzz....... :boring:

You've got a new airline US folks, time for a bold, new image inside and out! :D
Doesn't take more than a quick glance into the past, and this may be a bit of an exageration, but look at these F/A uniforms! In a gorgeous shade of navy, these could work !!!! No hats, of course, but... Rampers can dress casual, but anyone else that has customer contact needs to dress for respect!

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0264464/Ss/...ath_key=0264464

Shorten the jacket and flare it just a bit more and it would be perfect! The collar is great as well as the buttons and the sleeve length -- 3/4 !!! That sleeve looks good on almost everyone and it's practical!!!! Make it so you can wear the white scarf underneath, or a blouse with a similar, soft collar and 3/4 length sleeves. The v-shaped, elongated neckline is flattering on just about every woman, in a high-quality, wrinkle-free fabric -- maybe something with shadow stripes or pin dots or other "weave". And have the option of wearing the blouse without the jacket. Maybe a fitted, vest (westkit) and/or a cardigan sweater with red piping, option? And No Epaulets!! The passengers don't care about your "rank". And YOU know who's in charge. 99.99999% of the flying public doesn't care if you're the lead flight attendant or the purser or whatever, as long as you can do your job and do it well. Redesign the skirt to update the shape. Add slacks as an option. Make the guys blazers in a similar, albeit more classical mens' style. Make the scarf a subtle pattern -- print the much-maligned US Airways pseudo-flag in lt blue (or even red!) on a white background or the stylized waves on the new livery -- what a great accessory! Use the same silk for mens' ties. Pick a metal color and go with it for a classy belt buckle -- I say do silver (wings in silver, too! - and personally, I like a first name there, but could go either way) and do the flag logo as a belt buckle! Have the belt in navy, with an option in red! Oh, god! I know some guys that would have so much fun with that! And what a way to show off a great figure if you have one -- gals and guys!
CSRs could wear the same styles -- just in different colors -- a different shade of blue or something...
Here's another fun website to look at uniforms!
http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html
A lot of things here to NOT do (no floppy bows, no pockets over the boobs on shirts, no forest green or orange or burgundy or brown, either! and that's just for starters...)
However:
Love the cardigan sweater from Royal Jordanian.
For an 80's airline, Jet America had a look that could definitely be borrowed from, today...
Geez, the US Airways "current" uniform is boring and so is the AWA!
PLEASE do not go the way of BMI BABY! Ugh!
Ohh, there's a lot of good laughs and old memories in here!!!!

OK...I checked out that website...DL has a couple cute options I could deal with wearing, but I am just gate staff...It'd be nice to have something that is comfortable and durable. (Yep, we do need durable pants! Not the things we have now that rip easily!)
I know I'm part of a small workgroup, but it'd SURE be nice if West SSR's/East Supervisors, could have a sweater set option like the West CSR's do now.

Sign me up! I've hated that horrid "flag" from day one!

I respect your opinion. I really do. The problem I have with you is you do not respect those that differ. May I ask, Are you a male or female? If you are a female, who the hell are you to decide what guys want? Do YOU have tie rash because of the stupid invention that the SOCIETY had deemed professional? Well I do and I am sick of it!!
Also, Because I actually WORK on the airplanes WITH our customers, I have asked our TOP customers what they think. Verdict? THEY DON'T CARE!!! They want fun, kind, respectful crews, PERIOD!! You will no doubt try to discredit what I have posted, but I WORK with the customer. This is what they have told me. You can believe it or not. Infact, one customer stated that he felt by dressing casual, the US f/a's may be more inclined to have fun as opposed to the stiff disposition enforced upon us. But of course, I am wrong and you are right, MDArules.

Actually, I respect all opinions especially those that can prove me wrong - but my friend I work the shuttle quite often and can I say that I don't think anyone really wants to see some tacky uniform on a pre-DOM business flight, of course I don't go up and ask them b/c that is unprofessional, and once again tacky, Fun is what you make it, we are not enforced with a stiff disposition, we have a very sh+++y service that is hardly stuffy, I think some people need to step aboard a Lufthansa flight and see how it's done, we aren't in a stiff disposition. Also I am a female, and I am letting my opinions be heard b/c if my father or mother for that matter were to go into work (which is bus. casual) and not dressed appropriately, it would and DOES affect their playing MODE - by that I mean when my dad goes to a staff meeting with his CEO and he is dressed in a suit and tie and his counterpart is dressed in khakis and a button up with no tie and they are of the same intelligence, my father is going to get the bonus, the promotion, and will go to the next level b/c you present yourself well along with your brains and that little bit extra makes you all that much better and looks better for the company. Not all will see it this way I am sure, and I will say it is unfair, but people get jobs b/c of their looks, get to the front of the line at the bar b/c of their looks, etc. etc. etc.... you don't have to be Paris Hilton, but it does make a difference if you present yourself well... I respect your opinion and I am sure alot of people agree with you, I am sure there will be a no-tie option and you won't have to wear one and that is great for you, I just think it is tacky!

Actually, I respect all opinions especially those that can prove me wrong - but my friend I work the shuttle quite often and can I say that I don't think anyone really wants to see some tacky uniform on a pre-DOM business flight, of course I don't go up and ask them b/c that is unprofessional, and once again tacky, Fun is what you make it, we are not enforced with a stiff disposition, we have a very sh+++y service that is hardly stuffy, I think some people need to step aboard a Lufthansa flight and see how it's done, we aren't in a stiff disposition. Also I am a female, and I am letting my opinions be heard b/c if my father or mother for that matter were to go into work (which is bus. casual) and not dressed appropriately, it would and DOES affect their playing MODE - by that I mean when my dad goes to a staff meeting with his CEO and he is dressed in a suit and tie and his counterpart is dressed in khakis and a button up with no tie and they are of the same intelligence, my father is going to get the bonus, the promotion, and will go to the next level b/c you present yourself well along with your brains and that little bit extra makes you all that much better and looks better for the company. Not all will see it this way I am sure, and I will say it is unfair, but people get jobs b/c of their looks, get to the front of the line at the bar b/c of their looks, etc. etc. etc.... you don't have to be Paris Hilton, but it does make a difference if you present yourself well... I respect your opinion and I am sure alot of people agree with you, I am sure there will be a no-tie option and you won't have to wear one and that is great for you, I just think it is tacky!

We can agree one one thing. Give us QUALITY!!!