It's Official Atsb Says "no"

737nCH11 said:
WOW!!!! Thanks Continental. I can sleep better at night knowing that I have your approval.

God bless you Gordon Bethune!

737nCH11
C'mon folks. Can't you tell Gordo is being diplomatic in a sarcastic fashion. He is laughing at you and you don't even know it.

C54Capt said:
C'mon folks. Can't you tell Gordo is being diplomatic in a sarcastic fashion. He is laughing at you and you don't even know it.
Gordo is someone who's not afraid to shaft UA publicly on every possible occassion. Even in the official press releases, CO tends to be plain critical. This press release was SO different it makes me wonder if CO isn't up to something ...

The best theory (no factual basis) I have come up with is that CO sees some assets sales coming up and wants to put a damper on antagonism if people come with the assets ...

Alternatively, dripping sarcasm could be a better explanation ...

Well, like someone else said, while slots at LHR are few and far in between, given enough incentives, some may be found. The EU will be looking askew at britain, if the big hold up keeps being access to LHR.

Secondly, while it is true, that slots are "owed" to foreign carriers, it might just be more important to give them to US companies as opposed to "Kablakistan Airways".

Of course, the british goverment and perhaps more importantly, BA and to a lesser degree VS, is very much against opening LHR. Too much of a gold mine.

So, I guess they want to make an omelette without breaking the golden egg.

Latest posts