Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Unfortunately, JetBlue is getting to be as indifferent as most other airlines:

Jet Blues:
I’m sitting at Gate 19 at New York’s JFK Airport. My flight home to Austin has been delayed – twice now. It was scheduled to leave here at 8pm, the second scheduled time to leave here was at 9:45pm – but we just got a casual, “oh by the way …†announcement that the equipment they were using for our 8 o’clock (now 9:45pm) flight was getting fuel at Washington Dulles and that if and when it gets up in there air, they will make some other announcement.

I did ask if there was an equipment failure. They said , “nah-–the flight was delayed by air traffic control.†Sounds to me like you guys just cancelled it, expired a crew, moved equipment--something other than an ATC delay, which means you lied. Oh--we are now supposed to leave at 10:45pm.

The news of the delays are bad, that’s for sure, but it’s not the reason I’m writing you...

Incidentally, Jo Ann Schuetz (the AA flight attendant) was former TWA.
I had to really think about my reply before I typed it. I'm sure you mean you are proud that this person was a TWA F/A and you should be. i almost typed, what the heck does that matter? We should all hope that a person of this magnatude would be employed by any of our companies. My hat's off to this person! thank you from the whole industry.

I had to really think about my reply before I typed it. I'm sure you mean you are proud that this person was a TWA F/A and you should be. i almost typed, what the heck does that matter? We should all hope that a person of this magnatude would be employed by any of our companies. My hat's off to this person! thank you from the whole industry.

Not only is Jo an former TWA FA, she was the most senior on the recall list and the first TWAer to be recalled.
And now, with impending furloughs at AA, she may be furloughed again.

This is water under the bridge now, but it's almost unthinkable that the flight attendant union at AA saw absolutely no value in the experience of TWA FAs like Jo when they were stapled to the bottom of the AA FA seniority list.

Thank you Jo for your perseverence! Your years of service, although compromised by seniority, still shine!

Not only is Jo an former TWA FA, she was the most senior on the recall list and the first TWAer to be recalled.

This is water under the bridge now, but it's almost unthinkable that the flight attendant union at AA saw absolutely no value in the experience of TWA FAs like Jo when they were stapled to the bottom of the AA FA seniority list.

Thank you Jo for your perseverence! Your years of service, although compromised by seniority, still shine!
Wait just a minute.... AA was able to get many early retirements and voluntary leaves so its looking like there will be NO FURLOUGHS....... So Joann is going to continue flying . On a side note... I have worked with many many former TWA F/As and I cant say enough great things about them. One after another is more pleasent, professional, hard working and always looking their best... We are very lucky to have them as part of our team !!!

Well the contract at AA has saved her job.... so win some and you loose some . Dont even go there with the senority thing.... AA BOUGHT BK TWA ...remember????

Well the contract at AA has saved her job.... so win some and you loose some . Dont even go there with the senority thing.... AA BOUGHT BK TWA ...remember????

sure, i remember.

but do you remember when FAs couldn't marry, then could marry but couldn't have children, made no money, had to way less than a bird, and could get fired if they didn't smile all day?

probally not. it was way before my time, too.

but flight attendants of Jo Schuetz's seniority, including a lot of TWAers, fought hard in the late 60s, early 70s to change all that.

they succeeded, and ever since, FA rhetoric has been to "demand respect from management"

IMHO, APFAs decision to strip the TWA FAs of all their seniority, every single year of it, showed total lack of respect for the profession. Some compromise could have been reached, but wasn't. AA management made note of that and will haunt you for years.

their seniority is gone, you will never lose a day of it to the TWAers. but, consider how much stronger your work group would have appearred to AA had you given them even just a little more than nothing.

good luck in your contract negotiations

sure, i remember.

but do you remember when FAs couldn't marry, then could marry but couldn't have children, made no money, had to way less than a bird, and could get fired if they didn't smile all day?

probally not. it was way before my time, too.

but flight attendants of Jo Schuetz's seniority, including a lot of TWAers, fought hard in the late 60s, early 70s to change all that.

they succeeded, and ever since, FA rhetoric has been to "demand respect from management"

IMHO, APFAs decision to strip the TWA FAs of all their seniority, every single year of it, showed total lack of respect for the profession. Some compromise could have been reached, but wasn't. AA management made note of that and will haunt you for years.

their seniority is gone, you will never lose a day of it to the TWAers. but, consider how much stronger your work group would have appearred to AA had you given them even just a little more than nothing.

good luck in your contract negotiations
I see it differently... Had APFA given TWA F/As some senority, the whole membership would have turned on the leaders of APFA . AA F/As saw that the leaders of APFA protected our senority thus bringing the members even closer and more unified. Now people have many different views on this subject , so be it. Thats just how I see it....

I see it differently... Had APFA given TWA F/As some senority, the whole membership would have turned on the leaders of APFA . AA F/As saw that the leaders of APFA protected our senority thus bringing the members even closer and more unified. Now people have many different views on this subject , so be it. Thats just how I see it....
Wrong TWA and OZ got along just fine.

What does any of this have to do with jetBlue's supposed decline in service quality, at least according to the OP?
Take it outside!

Wrong again, AA put TWA into bankruptcy. In congressional testimony TWA's CEO stated TWA was not going into bankruptcy, it was AA that insisted on it.

Since this thread which was supposed to be about JetBlue has turned into another AA-TWA lovefest, it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.