JetBlue launch Long Beach - Atlanta

I dont know where on jetblue.com you saw that we were reducing LGB-ATL from 3x to 1x a day but that is wholly incorrect. In fact, the the LGB-ATL flights are doing fantastic with loads in 80%-low 90% range.

So, where on jetblue.com did you see that information? It seems contradictory to the reality.

As for flying into other airlines hubs ... what did you mean by that comment?

----------------
On 7/20/2003 9:19:42 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 7/20/2003 9:49:25 AM DLFlyer31 wrote:

According to JetBlue.com, ATL-LGB will be reduced from 3x daily to 1x daily (redeye only) on Sept 8. 

So what happened? Is JBLU finding more appealing uses for their LGB slots or is the route really performing poorly?

----------------​
I think Neeleman needed to see for himself how much fun it is flying into another airlines hub.

----------------​

The online schedule does not show the change but if you go to make a reservation after September 8th, it only pulls up one available flight. So the information is correct, JetBlue is going to one daily flight between LGB and ATL.

----------------
On 7/21/2003 12:19:19 AM viggen597 wrote:

As for flying into other airlines hubs ... what did you mean by that comment?

----------------​
When a low cost carrier starts flights into another airlines hub the encumbant airline is forced to match its competitors fares. When this happens the encumbant starts picking up the lions share of the new traffic. Not the new competitor. A very frustrating senario that has played itself out quite a few times.

So very true, AAMech.

Flights from ATL to LAX area went from 13 flights a day, to I think 26 flights a day. jetBlue thinks there are routes that can be more lucrative.
Question is, how many flight will DAL continue to operate and how about AAI?
Secondly, will DAL try to raise fares?

Yes, ATL-LGB is going down to once daily, but ATL-OAK starts this fall...that ought to keep DL on its toes (I wonder how many 767's they will shift from L.A. to the Bay Area as a result).

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030721/215487_1.html

Meanwhile, one of the freed-up LGB slots will be used for a second daily FLL-LGB flight, while the other will not be used due to uncertainty about the status of the 23rd LGB slot. Also, FLL-IAD goes to 3x daily.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030721/215494_1.html