Jetblue To Ric?

dscott12

Dec 28, 2004
I heard a rumor that Jetblue may be coming to RIC in Richmond Virginia before the end of this year, anyone else hear of this?? just curious.

dscott

dscott12 said:
I heard a rumor that Jetblue may be coming to RIC in Richmond Virginia before the end of this year, anyone else hear of this?? just curious.
dscott
[post="257809"][/post]​

I'm surprised it hasn't happened by now. Either JetBlue or some other LCC. Other historically high cost airfare cities like CHS have gotten an LCC (Independence Air). But RIC, despite a promise by Herb Kelleher that RIC would be the next WN city added (at the time WN service to ORF was announced), still doesn't have one. That's why I travel to ORF or IAD/DCA when I'm looking for air travel bargains.

coolflyingfool said:
I don't think Kelleher said RIC would be the next city, he just said that SWA WOULD service RIC in the future. Just my thoughts..........
[post="260326"][/post]​

Agree. I was living in Richmond at the time Kelleher promised SW would one day service Richmond. He never promised Richmond would be next, nor did he say specifically when Richmond would join the system. Here's hoping RIC and SYR both get LUV service and this happens sooner and not later.

I would love to see both SYR and RIC join the SWA system in 2006! I think that Jetblue will start RIC service before SWA does. I think the they will serve somewhat different markets from RIC, so they will be able to co-exist. Just my thoughts.........

they have scheduled an announcement at RIC on friday, rumor has it, it will be air tran, so who knows?

Dave