Jetways in PHX

the 767s were all just refurbished....there not going anywhere anytime soon.... i have a strong feeling you might seem them going phl/clt - phx - hnl/ogg. I think the plan is to shift some of them to hawaii flying w/ east f/a's until a f/a contract is done.
767's are too expensive to fly to Hawaii. 757's lower operating cost makes these routes possible. With trans-atlantic and more pan-american flying in the works, we don't have enough wide body hulls as it is. 767 is nothing like a 757 except for the type rating. The systems are much more complicated for the longer haul trans-oceanic mission it was designed for. Don't expect to see them in PHX. A330's may come though. A while back Scott Kirby said we could use the lift hub to hub when we get more 330's. They could then continue on to Europe.

Hawaiian Airlines might disagree with that statement.
We have 767-200LR's, Hawaiian has 767-300's, they are less expensive to operate since the have many more seats. Also compared to the 757 our 767's are too expensive to Hawaii for our route structure. This was stated by Doug who said that if we operated 767's to Hawaii it would no longer be profitable. Besides, the 767's are needed across the Atlantic on longer range flights.

B6 is being repaired because a large bushing was badly damaged and was pretty close to doing severe damage to the post that holds the jetway off the ground. This could have caused catastrophic damage to the jetway causing it to fall.
I do think you mean A6. In the mean time A8 has been reconfigured to take Airbuses.

A330's may come though. A while back Scott Kirby said we could use the lift hub to hub when we get more 330's. They could then continue on to Europe.
PHX-CLT would make the most sense for initial widebody service in PHX...

Latest posts