Jim Little on Union "SNAP BACK" Clauses

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Continental ground workers file union cards
Tulsa World Oct. 19, 2007

Nearly 8,000 baggage handlers and ground service workers at Houston-based Continental Airlines have filed union authorization cards with the National Mediation Board, officials say. The workers are proposing to be represented by the Transport Workers Union of America, which represents 26,000 aircraft mechanics at American Airlines.

"These workers know firsthand what happens when you go without a contract and representation," TWU President James C. Little said in a prepared statement. "Over the past couple of years they've seen very deep cuts."

In 2005, Continental ground workers' wages were cut 10 percent, Little said. Unlike Continental's unionized workers, he said, the ground workers were not provided with "snap backs," which are written guarantees that lost wages would be restored as the airline returned to profitability.

Media reports about a possible acquisition of Continental by Delta Air Lines or United Airlines also increased interest in union representation, Little said. "Consolidation in the airline industry is a fact of life," he said. " . . . Anyone who doesn't have a contract and a seat at the table during a merger or acquisition is destined to lose."

Check out Jim Little commenting on SNAP BACKS regarding concessions and an airline returning to profitability.

Someone needs to get through to the Continental Airlines Ground Workers and ask them to have Jim Little show them the AA Snap Back agreement.

Good grief!

The main reason that I couldn't vote yes for the consessions in 03. SNAPBACK???? The TWU really dropped the ball on that one. Now they say they're going to go in and try to get everthing back plus enhancements? Yea right. What makes them think that the AA management WeAAsles will give us anything? AA management is purely greedy and evil. Turnaround plan? Anyone who bought into that one was a fool (I was)
I hope that that the TWU can prove me wrong but I think Continental employs should consider The Teamsters instead? Or ask TWU local 100 in NY to represent them? Now there's a local with balls.

For the continental people looking at this thread. Just vote no for the twu. If you are unsure just check out the twu's last contract for the AA rank and file. That will surely make up your mind. 17 percent cut no snap back and the laundry list goes on and on. Dont be fooled by the twu rhetoric and empty promises. The twu is trying to shove a two year exstension up our arse as we type. Another back door deal between little and the company

The main reason that I couldn't vote yes for the consessions in 03. SNAPBACK???? The TWU really dropped the ball on that one. Now they say they're going to go in and try to get everthing back plus enhancements? Yea right. What makes them think that the AA management WeAAsles will give us anything? AA management is purely greedy and evil. Turnaround plan? Anyone who bought into that one was a fool (I was)
I hope that that the TWU can prove me wrong but I think Continental employs should consider The Teamsters instead? Or ask TWU local 100 in NY to represent them? Now there's a local with balls.
YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ABOUT LOCA L 100.NYC TRANSIT WORKERS HAVE BALLS,BUT TOUSSAINT HAS LOST WHATEVER BACKBONE HE HAD WHEN IT COMES TO FIGHTING MANAGEMENT.TOUSSAINT HAS NOW AGREED TO APARTNERSHIP OF SORTS WITH THE NYC TRANSIT AUTHORITY.HE HAS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.IT STARTED WHEN HE SOLD US OUT ON THE STRIKE TWO YEARS AGO.THE PICKET LINES WERE HOLDING UP PHENOMINALLY,BUT TOUSSAINT STILL CAVED IN AND AGREED TO THE MOST CONCESSION FILLED CONTRACT IN LOCAL 100 HISTORY.WE WENT ON STRIKE NOT PAYING A DIME FOR HEALTHCARE,AND 3 DAYS LATER WE WERE PAYING 1.5 % OF OUR OUR GROSS.WORSE YET,TOUSSAINT GAVE THESE BOSSES LANGUAGE WHICH ALLOWS THEM TO INCREASE THE 1.5 EVERY YEAR.IT HAS ALREADY GONE UP .IT IS ACTUALLY AN OUTRAGE.YEAH,TOUSSAINT HAS NO BALLS AT ALL.AND NOW HE IS LITTLES BEST FRIEND TOO.

YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ABOUT LOCA L 100.NYC TRANSIT WORKERS HAVE BALLS,BUT TOUSSAINT HAS LOST WHATEVER BACKBONE HE HAD WHEN IT COMES TO FIGHTING MANAGEMENT.TOUSSAINT HAS NOW AGREED TO APARTNERSHIP OF SORTS WITH THE NYC TRANSIT AUTHORITY.HE HAS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.IT STARTED WHEN HE SOLD US OUT ON THE STRIKE TWO YEARS AGO.THE PICKET LINES WERE HOLDING UP PHENOMINALLY,BUT TOUSSAINT STILL CAVED IN AND AGREED TO THE MOST CONCESSION FILLED CONTRACT IN LOCAL 100 HISTORY.WE WENT ON STRIKE NOT PAYING A DIME FOR HEALTHCARE,AND 3 DAYS LATER WE WERE PAYING 1.5 % OF OUR OUR GROSS.WORSE YET,TOUSSAINT GAVE THESE BOSSES LANGUAGE WHICH ALLOWS THEM TO INCREASE THE 1.5 EVERY YEAR.IT HAS ALREADY GONE UP .IT IS ACTUALLY AN OUTRAGE.YEAH,TOUSSAINT HAS NO BALLS AT ALL.AND NOW HE IS LITTLES BEST FRIEND TOO.

Jeez, didn't know that. Is there any strong union left in the USA?

JIMMY LITTLE HITLER SAYS...........
I AM LITTLE COMMIE HITLER JAMES, NO FRUUCKIN ONE EVER VOTED FOR ME!! I AM A TWU SELF APPOINTED GOD!!
I AM TOTALLY UNTOUCHABLE.................JUST TRY TO UNELECT ME!!!
I HAVE HAD DOUBLE DIGIT PAY RAISES FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS EVEN THOUGH MY UNION BOYS TOOK DRACONIAN CONCESSIONS...........AND YOU SHOULD SEE MY HIDDEN PER DIEM!!
I AM TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE LITTLE BLUE COLLAR WORKING MAN.............
I PROMISED A FULL REVOTE FOR MY MEMBERS...............BUT.........HEY I STILL MAKE 6 FUGURES!!
I APPOINT WHOM EVER LICKS MY COMMIE BOOTS (EVEN FAT BASTARDS LIKE DON)
I HAVE BLOWN BOB CRANDALL, DON THE CANADIAN CARTY AND MR OUR PAY BUT THEY ALL LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH!!!
I AM SO GOD DAMB EVIL EVEN CANCER COULD NOT EAT MY ROTTEN SOUL..................................................................
O YOU WANT TO MESS WITH ME?

I SAY YES LITTLE SATAN I DO!!
THE ONLY 'SNAP BACK' YOU WILL EVER UNDERSTAND IS IF SOMEONE PUNCHES YOU IN THAT CLOUDED HEAD OR HITS YOU WITH THE OLD FASHIONED UNION BASEBALL BAT!!!!!!!!!
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR HEAD SNAP BACK AFTER THAT!!!

MY BEST MOMENT IN OVER 25 YEARS AS A TWU SLAVE WAS WHEN WE BOOED YOU OFFSTAGE BEHIND CENTER PORT THIS SPRING IN DFW!!! IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE VIDEO I WOULD BE GLAD TO SHARE IT JUST E MAIL ME

Jeez, didn't know that. Is there any strong union left in the USA?
local 100 is broken down into 14 divisions.these divisions elect committees that represent them against management.at local 100,the majority of these committees are very good,very strong.in the depots ,and on the shop floor,local 100 is real good ,real strong.there was always an extremely antagonistic relationship with management.now,toussaint has changed course.he has embraced a new style with management.there is no more fight left in him.it is all phony showmanship now.he folded the picket lines two years ago,when we were holding up strong.he signed a secret deal and agreed to first time ever medical premiums of 1.5 % on gross pay.for nothing.we got nothing for it.any gains which came from that contract were funded by the members either through this new 1.5 % or through traditional givebacks.anyone who thinks toussaint has stregnth in nyc should look at the last election numbers.as a two term incumbant president ,56% of the members voted against him.he only barely won relection,and that was because the opposition vote was diluted by multiple slates.now,Little comes to town and throws his support behind toussaint.Little completly misread the political situation here.he has attached himself to a loser,and a sellout.two dictators joined at the hip.

JIMMY LITTLE HITLER SAYS...........
I AM LITTLE COMMIE HITLER JAMES, NO FRUUCKIN ONE EVER VOTED FOR ME!! I AM A TWU SELF APPOINTED GOD!!
I AM TOTALLY UNTOUCHABLE.................JUST TRY TO UNELECT ME!!!
I HAVE HAD DOUBLE DIGIT PAY RAISES FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS EVEN THOUGH MY UNION BOYS TOOK DRACONIAN CONCESSIONS...........AND YOU SHOULD SEE MY HIDDEN PER DIEM!!
I AM TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE LITTLE BLUE COLLAR WORKING MAN.............
I PROMISED A FULL REVOTE FOR MY MEMBERS...............BUT.........HEY I STILL MAKE 6 FUGURES!!
I APPOINT WHOM EVER LICKS MY COMMIE BOOTS (EVEN FAT BASTARDS LIKE DON)
I HAVE BLOWN BOB CRANDALL, DON THE CANADIAN CARTY AND MR OUR PAY BUT THEY ALL LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH!!!
I AM SO GOD DAMB EVIL EVEN CANCER COULD NOT EAT MY ROTTEN SOUL..................................................................
O YOU WANT TO MESS WITH ME?
I SAY YES LITTLE SATAN I DO!!
THE ONLY 'SNAP BACK' YOU WILL EVER UNDERSTAND IS IF SOMEONE PUNCHES YOU IN THAT CLOUDED HEAD OR HITS YOU WITH THE OLD FASHIONED UNION BASEBALL BAT!!!!!!!!!
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR HEAD SNAP BACK AFTER THAT!!!

MY BEST MOMENT IN OVER 25 YEARS AS A TWU SLAVE WAS WHEN WE BOOED YOU OFFSTAGE BEHIND CENTER PORT THIS SPRING IN DFW!!! IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE VIDEO I WOULD BE GLAD TO SHARE IT JUST E MAIL ME
we need that video in nyc.

I'm sorry, that poor video does nothing for your cause. At the end he makes his/your points.

try this and let me know what you think. We were strong armed toward the end of his speech and scolded by some other TWU cultists...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9haL5R8gu18 :up: :up: :up:

I was there at that rally. I was standing right behind the mechanics who were booing. You can see me when they zoom around in that You Tube video. The problem I had with that one was that all those managers heard you booing our own union. It wasn't the place to do that!! I saw Jim grab that Mx by the collor after his speach and I listened. You guys gave him a real going over then. Now that was great and it was out of the earshot of those execs. I'm sorry if you dissagree but I just pictured AA mgmt laughing at us. And I don't like to be laughed at.