Jim Little on Union "SNAP BACK" Clauses

I was there at that rally. I was standing right behind the mechanics who were booing. You can see me when they zoom around in that You Tube video. The problem I had with that one was that all those managers heard you booing our own union. It wasn't the place to do that!! I saw Jim grab that Mx by the collor after his speach and I listened. You guys gave him a real going over then. Now that was great and it was out of the earshot of those execs. I'm sorry if you dissagree but I just pictured AA mgmt laughing at us. And I don't like to be laughed at.
AA management laughs when they hear TWU. They have this union, especially Jim Little, bought and paid for. Little never made a speech like that to a meeting where only TWU members were present, he was putting on a show for the pilots and Flight Attendants union.

Little only made that speech to earn the trust of the other two unions on the property so he can be in on their plans and keep the company informed accordingly. I dont think he was counting on the mechanics booing him.

Hearing members boo the head of the TWU is good for us, it makes the company unsure of how we will react and even more unsure of the Unions ability to hold us back.

When we had the seige at JFK the TWU Internbational was against it. They had no control or influence over the membership. Management fears stuff like that.

Where did this event take place?

Is there a downloadable link available?

AA management laughs when they hear TWU. They have this union, especially Jim Little, bought and paid for. Little never made a speech like that to a meeting where only TWU members were present, he was putting on a show for the pilots and Flight Attendants union.

Little only made that speech to earn the trust of the other two unions on the property so he can be in on their plans and keep the company informed accordingly. I dont think he was counting on the mechanics booing him.

Hearing members boo the head of the TWU is good for us, it makes the company unsure of how we will react and even more unsure of the Unions ability to hold us back.

When we had the seige at JFK the TWU Internbational was against it. They had no control or influence over the membership. Management fears stuff like that.

Maybe Bob maybe? But I think I'm going to let this movie playout. I just feel that we all better like the ending to this one or we might just put the studio out of business!!! Theres a Youtube link somewhere above this post. It's too bad they didn't film what was said to him after he got off the stage. He was called every name in the book to his face. Liar, cheat, in bed with Mgmt, etc. Hopefully it was a wakeup call? We'll see! <_<

WeAAsles,

Bob is 100% correct in that booing the twu openly like that sends both a clear and unsure message to management.

Clear in the point that AA and the union knows that things are different right now and the AMT work force is educated and ready to fight regardless if the union supports us. And looking at the video jim little is 100% behind us. :lol:

Unsure in the point that neither the company or union knows exactly what the work force will do to fight to regain what we deserve.

As for booing little who cares if management hears/sees such anger? If the twu was doing what the membership wants/needs/demands there would have been cheers instead. Will it matter to the int.? no, not in the slightest. Why? What are the AMT s going to do? Vote little out of office or any of the other int. officers?

I feel confident that AA not only knows the membership feelings for the TWU, they were actually part of the plan to insure an unsupported union stayed on the property.

AA knows very well that there were enough signed AMFA cards to hold an NMB election.

AA also knows that only by less than ethical means did that election not take place.

AA also knows that had there been an election the TWU would have been removed as the Mechanic and Related representation union.

AA knows damn good and well the membership does NOT support the TWU, and they didn't need to see or hear Jim Little booed off of any Pilot Rally stage to prove it.

I'm sorry, that poor video does nothing for your cause. At the end he makes his/your points.

I'm sorry but jimmy little does nothing for our cause.

He makes points for the sake of making them.

He is a fool that talks a good fight.

Owens said it best. He is there to report back to the company what the other 2 unions have in mind.

I would have handed out the magaphones to booo that low life off the stage.
Let AA know we are not behind our union or what they tell us.

Jim Little was the same guy who told us in 2003 negotiations "that we are in no position to ask for anything" all i was asking for "was to remove the part time language that was in our contract since the company had no plans to use part time Mechanics."

here he is now in 2007 claiming to be upset about we gave up. The TWU was the driving force in accepting the contract. The proposals for the concessions of 2003 did not come from the Negotiating Committee. The TWU handed out different proposals as an exercise and then made one of the proposals (#2) the main focus to work off of. A majority of the concessions came from Proposal #2. I repeat, We did not come up with the concessions. We were presented a list of options and told to choose our poison!