Judge Rejects Deal With United's Pilots

[/quote]

This is too weird even for the X-Files, I was thinking more of Barney Fife.

Maybe you had better lay off of the 'Kool-Aid' yourself Barney :p

B) UT
[post="237908"][/post]​
[/quote]

Ok, it was a reach... :rolleyes:

Winglet said:
...Goodwin's ... made a schedule that HE KNEW he couldn't fly without the goodwill and voluntary overtime by the pilots.
[post="237718"][/post]​
Wow...I didn't realize that Goodwin was doing scheduling back then. What was the scheduling department doing? Meeting with the BOD? :huh:

mweiss said:
Wow...I didn't realize that Goodwin was doing scheduling back then. What was the scheduling department doing? Meeting with the BOD? :huh:
[post="239809"][/post]​

Actually, that was one of the positive aspects of the ESOP. Union leaders did have better contact with corporate leadership. The Buck stopped at goodwin. Dubo told him that manning leels were too low to fly the schedule. All the CEO had to do was make the call, and tell his subordinent to open the hiring spigot up. He was however too busy getting played by Wolf at the time to worry about running UAL

Busdrvr:

I don't know who is the dumbest, the pilots for not supporting Edwardson to succeed Greenwald and, instead, supporting Goodwin or Goodwin himself. Of course, Goodwin was Wolf's inside flunky. How Wolf, while he was US Airways, pulled off getting Goodwin into the position, is something I would be interested in knowing. He came out of basically nowhere to take the helm. Goodwin was incredibly stupid and way in over his head to be a CEO of any company much less United. If Edwardson had succeeded Greenwald, we would have been much better off today even with 9/11 occurring. Look at Edwardson's record over at CDW where he turned that company around. However, we cannot afford to keep looking back. Tilton seems to be doing a fairly good job of righting this ship.

Busdrvr:

I don't know who is the dumbest, the pilots for not supporting Edwardson to succeed Greenwald and, instead, supporting Goodwin or Goodwin himself. Of course, Goodwin was Wolf's inside flunky. How Wolf, while he was US Airways, pulled off getting Goodwin into the position, is something I would be interested in knowing. He came out of basically nowhere to take the helm. Goodwin was incredibly stupid and way in over his head to be a CEO of any company much less United. If Edwardson had succeeded Greenwald, we would have been much better off today even with 9/11 occurring. Look at Edwardson's record over at CDW where he turned that company around. However, we cannot afford to keep looking back. Tilton seems to be doing a fairly good job of righting this ship.

Wow!
Did I read this correctly?

B) xUT

Glenn goes in front of the judge and reads the 'perfect storm' sob story (again), we all take pay and benefits cuts, management blows the savings on bonuses, 'success' sharing and high priced consultant fees to come up with yet another 'business' plan that maximizes their need for yet another salvo of mangement produced PowerPoint presentations chock full of colorful bar and scatter charts detailing how they really need one more round of givebacks.

You guys need to learn to use Powerpoint and some crayons for your own presentation. :up:

Wow!
Did I read this correctly?

B) xUT

Boy did you reach back in time here. The orig post was in 2005. Your post is 2008. Of course with all that has happened since then by Tilton current record...pales by comparison. Tilton has gone waaaay overboard with his utilization of BK as a tool to downsize and make millions. He is even willing to destroy United. Everyone should know this by now, Tilton is a union buster. When times are good and United hires, the Unions become more powerful on campus. When times are bad, or created to be bad, through CEO and CFO efforts, then buyouts and furloughs and/or BK are the tools to take power away from the Unions and control the bottom line so CEO and upper management ensure their golden parachutes. This management team neither cares about you, the employees, or the customers. Everything is geared to them leaving with big $$$$$ in their retirement accounts. You are left with making a life decision, stay and put up with all the BS or leave on your terms and forget about the airline business and have a nice life.

Back