Kasher ruling

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 12:32:32 PM Buck wrote:

You may consider yourself an AA employee, but there are many who, until this is over believe there is a division.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Is that same mindset why you appear to be opposed to diversity programs?

I consider myself an American. There are many who consider me to be something else simply because of my ethnicity, my gender, my faith, or my job title.

If all of the energy WASTED on seniority would have have been devoted to focusing making AA profitable during the past two years, we wouldn't be asking people to take pay cuts today....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/4/2003 8:43:41 AM eolesen wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 12:32:32 PM Buck wrote:

You may consider yourself an AA employee, but there are many who, until this is over believe there is a division.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Is that same mindset why you appear to be opposed to diversity programs?

I consider myself an American. There are many who consider me to be something else simply because of my ethnicity, my gender, my faith, or my job title.

If all of the energy WASTED on seniority would have have been devoted to focusing making AA profitable during the past two years, we wouldn't be asking people to take pay cuts today....
----------------
[/blockquote]
Eric I am opposed to waste. If the Diversity program is wasteful then I am opposed to it. Just as I am opposed to maintenance programs that are wasteful. The removal of the lower sidewall lamps of the MD-80 have been deactivated for over a year, but we still install them. This 23.3 lbs. and at $12,000 a pound this is a lot of fuel burn. The problem is getting it approved. This is wasteful and is bad as waste in any program the company has.

Your ignorance of the midset of the union employees at TUL for example is obvious. It is all about me, me, me...
If you truly believe that we should all just get along when someones livelyhood is at stake, you had better learn something about human nature. Constantly the union members hear at TUL are stating that the former TWA employee should have never had a place at AA anyway. The statement was not whether you or I or anyone is an American, but an American employee. I could care less who or what you are. As for the Diversity program, yes I believe it to be a waste, now that a given set of rules are in place. If times improve and we can afford to spend revenue on extra programs then by all means bring it back.

Why are you against seniority? How did it waste time over the last two years? If you are anti-union you could make that clear. You need not worry about the seniority wasting company time any longer. The package has been delived and the evil union employees will attempt to appease you by conceading their wages and benefits.

Any truth to the rumor that 51 or so VP's were assigned leased vehicles just recently?

Buck, Eric is right! A.A.,and the TWU are about to impact our livelyhood significantly! And it sounds like those at TUL have their heads up and locked! Get over it! It's a done deal! Now, get your heads out of the sand, and start thinging of ways to get out of this mess!Or we ALL may end up on old TWA wages!!!!

I do not have a choice in the matter. I have no union rights anyway. I will most likely not have the chance to vote on any concessions. However, unless the Kasher ruling is changed, Resolution #5 will be the guiding factor. This places those at the former TWA in the most jeopardy. Heads in the sand? This really does not effect me, my AA seniority has me pushing 19 years.