Kicking Out Your Union

Why would someone who claims to no longer have a stake in the issues at hand bother to spend so much time here?

I don't know. You'll have to ask TSH that question, since he has claimed to no longer be an airline employee, his ESOP stock was declared worthless in Ch.11, and his UAL pension was given to the PBGC.

I on the other hand still have a stake in the issues at hand, since I own stock in the various airlines (another benefit in leaving AMR -- I get to buy stock in other carriers), and will probably buy stock in NWA once it finishes its reorganization (not because I believe in NWA's tactics, but because I know the stock will have some immediate appreciation and there's the likelyhood of a buyout from a merger partner).

Ironic that nobody has bothered to comment on the potential for AMFA being decertified. I guess that's not a concern for anyone.

I don't know. You'll have to ask TSH that question, since he has claimed to no longer be an airline employee, his ESOP stock was declared worthless in Ch.11, and his UAL pension was given to the PBGC.

I on the other hand still have a stake in the issues at hand, since I own stock in the various airlines (another benefit in leaving AMR -- I get to buy stock in other carriers), and will probably buy stock in NWA once it finishes its reorganization (not because I believe in NWA's tactics, but because I know the stock will have some immediate appreciation and there's the likelyhood of a buyout from a merger partner).
Ironic that nobody has bothered to comment on the potential for AMFA being decertified. I guess that's not a concern for anyone.

What? You think you're the only one with an airline stock position in his portfolio?

Oh BTW, my UAL ESOP stock was NOT "declared worthless" in chap 11. It was sold by state street bank, albeit at a fraction of its original value. About 2k as I recall.

Just one more item on your list of erroneous statements.

Well the iam has been having a "card drive" to replace AMFA for what, about 8 years now? Could never get above 500 cards before the strike all those years. Now that most of the 500 iam cultists and ex-officers have scabbed, maybe they can finally get the iam scab union in the door? Of course, that might mean getting some of the Arizona scabs on deck, but being the ex-iam scabs think they are far superior in the lowly scab world, that dog won't hunt either.

Then if the BS strike settlement passes in a few weeks, its really going to get ugly at Scab Air. As some strikers could be coming back. Although I could not imagine why. :down:

So no, its not really a concern. ;)

Latest posts

Back