Labor Must Stand Strong

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Given this management’s team mission of turning U into a LCC with poverty wages and seeking even more than the already thousands of lost jobs, we as a united labor front must stand strong. If labor shows one small crack of not being strongly united against this management team’s tactics, then as corrosion does to a small crack, labor will be eaten away. It’s obvious that Dave is out to change the landscape of the USA airline industry and along the way make himself millions and have his name inscribed in airline history as the man who made flying within reach of every class, even the welfare class. He has already proven he will do and stop at nothing to realize his dream. It doesn’t bother him in the least if many more lose their jobs on top of the 20 thousand displaced U employees we already have. It doesn’t bother him if we all work for poverty wages with zero benefits. This guy is ruthless, heartless, conniving and all kinds of other adjectives which his track record plainly shows. He has even turned powerful political leaders against him for his underhanded and unethical tactics. He takes no enemies and sees the U employees as his adversaries and part of his problem. He shows no maturity, leadership, or true vision other than his own distorted vision. Labor must take a powerful stand against this young pup of a CEO and stand strongly united, not deal with him, period, so he will be replaced by a competent leader. A leader who will work with labor to solve our problems minus the deceptive, dishonest and plain malicious path Dave sought. He has gone too far, and has done too much damage to be left at the helm, he must go! I say labor as a united front has the power to see this happen, all we need to do is stand firm until he is a bad memory.

Very well said Cav.

Dave's unilateral action of farming out the airbus has done more to solidify the IAM members as well as the other unions on the property. The other unions and its members need to take notice that if Dave can willingly violate the mechanic and related contract, that there is nothing that will stop him from coming after them and trying to take what they could not negotiate.

The infighting must stop and all employees should take a long hard look at what Dave stands for and unite against him, not take up for him.

The other employees should watch out, Dave might have your contract and your livlihood in his sights next.

I WISH THERE WAS A WAY WE COULD GET THE GOVT TO SLAP CHARGES ON DAVE AND HIS GANG OF THIEVES OF CCY FOR STEALING OUR DOUGH AND LAYING OFF SO MANY THOUSANDS OF WORKERS! MAY BE WE AS EMPLOYEES SHOULD START CHARGING THE GANG OF THIEVES OF CCY INCLUDING THE SO-CALLED CEO A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS JUST TO VISIT EACH STATION THE NEXT TIME THEY WANT TO COME AND VISIT!

Agreed ,
Don't give or concede another damn penny !!! We have given and they have continued to take.

We gave in mass in a manner of good faith...and for our efforts we have all been shafted and compared to the LCC's....however the executive ranks are not nearly on par with their LCC counterparts whom are making progress on all fronts at our expense.

It's high time that our BOD comes to terms with the fact that the wrong people are charged with running this company.

Should Dr. Bronner wise up before it's too late??...I'm certain we can be spared the fees of moving Dave and Crew out of the CCY palace. I'm willing to bet that thier will be plenty of volunteers to aid him out the door in a most rapid manner..I'm sure this would give timely and cost effective performance a new meaning....and a meaning that would last.

I'm sure we can spare the cardboard boxes like we did for our former co-workers too.

You are so right my friend. Others on this board do not seem to have the grasp of the obvious as you do.
I have heard pilots on this board say dave is only speaking the truth, although he has previously lied to every individual and group to have come in near proximity to him. The same is true of other emplyee groups. In spite of the obvious keep Kissing dave's %$#@)*&^$.
:down: :down: :down:

Truth is he is aiming square at you!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'd like to know when was the last time we had a real ceo and gang ACTUALLY TELLING US Employees the Truth, nothing but the truth?

See Dave you can't do ANYTHING right...you can't even bust the unions.
That is why you were brought here.
You certainly can't run an airline.

Does Dave have a contract?
and if so,
since he thinks so little of ours maybe we could use his for toilet paper.

Seriously, do you folks visit this board just to post as wind-up artists?

Truly I emphathize with your difficult situation, but I also ask if you are willing to pay an inflated premium for your shoes, electronic gadgets and automobiles just so those industry employees can continue to receive a superior wage 'just like in years past'?

I've got to make choices for my family and paying inflated prices ain't one of 'em!

The steel industry has already gone through this painful change, the airline industry is going thru it now, and the auto industry will soon follow.

Market reality.

I don't recall hearing complaints from any of these industry employees when they had the consumer by the balls.

if you work at a station that went from mainline pay ($20.00 or so an hr) suddenly down to 13.00 an hour and yank the jets out, then on top of that, take additional out because of the company's FAILURE to correct that, I would like to know how you would feel? I am mad but I try my best to write my own opinions without hurting anyone.

robbedagain said:
if you work at a station that went from mainline pay ($20.00 or so an hr) suddenly down to 13.00 an hour and yank the jets out, then on top of that, take additional out because of the company's FAILURE to correct that, I would like to know how you would feel? I am mad but I try my best to write my own opinions without hurting anyone.
You bet wrong sir. Happens to millions of folks every day.

Change your monikor and adjust your attitude. And good luck.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Seriously, do you folks visit this board just to post as wind-up artists?

Truly I emphathize with your difficult situation, but I also ask if you are willing to pay an inflated premium for your shoes, electronic gadgets and automobiles just so those industry employees can continue to receive a superior wage 'just like in years past'?

I've got to make choices for my family and paying inflated prices ain't one of 'em!

The steel industry has already gone through this painful change, the airline industry is going thru it now, and the auto industry will soon follow.

Market reality.

I don't recall hearing complaints from any of these industry employees when they had the consumer by the balls.
You're obviously management or your station in life lets you look at other peoples plights with no real understanding of the hardships they are dealing with, because you are so far removed. Not everyone is capable, for whatever reason, to get a first rate education and land that job you are probably perched on. It's ok for the working men and women, the very people who built this airline, to take giant pay and benefits cuts, so a few elitists calling themselves labor friendly can come in here and lie through their teeth while at the same time rewarding themselves with salaries and bonuses that the employees will never realize in an entire lifetime! It's ok people are out of work and on welfare now because they put their trust and faith in a man who has lied to everyone he made promises to. What you and your cohorts want is a two class social system in which there are only the very rich and the very poor. You will probably say: OH, but you can pull up your bootstraps and get that education and make it big. Sorry, lame excuse! As long as you have GREEDY people, and by his own admission people like Dave saying GREED is good, then the Daves of the world need to be kept in check. IN DAVE’S CASE THROWN OUT! This is where the unions come in, to keep blindly greedy people like Dave and his cronies in balance so we don’t end up with the very wealthy and very poor. To say, oh that’s life too bad you lost your job, took big cuts, lost your pension, and for some lost everything they owned! With your matter of fact attitude concerning all the injustice to boot with an elitist attitude! Well sir, you will always have people on here like myself pointing out the obvious and as you said: I will do it “just to post as wind-up artists“.