Largest Shareholder Sells 6.5 Million Shares

:up: They whats coming down the road trouble

But wait! But wait! With the China routes and the 350s coming so soon why on earth would they miss out on the stock doubling over the next two years?

Did they miss the press releases!

Or maybe they are worried… Do they see a moderate risk that US Air will be last in all the stats until the contracts are settled?

Maybe instead of selling, they should have called the gate agents to remind them not to dupe seats. :p

With the way the stock went up, they essentially pulled out their entire original investment and now have the profits left in the company.

If I had the money to buy US/LCC.............

I put the Coach at 34". Plus maintain 16 First Class Seats on Every M/L excluding the E190. And I would put the Closets back in. All narrowbody fleet of AB and Widebody fleet of Boeing's! I also would get Milk and Dairy Creamers.

Move the HQ back East. That AZ heat is for vacationing, not working. I said HQ's, PHX still be Hub, also utilize LAS better. Make a Mini-Hub in STL so that the small mid-america can have access to US. Would like to be able to do that at MDW, but almost impossible.

I also would make a rule that ALL Bonuses must be shared by ALL employees, No Upper Management Perks, everyone equal with benefits. Also I would shutdown 3 days a Year,
Thanksgiving Day-To Live the Meaning of being Thankful
Christmas Day-Day to be with Family, not away.
Independence Day-A Day to Celebrate and Light Up those Fireworks! Also have certain days where FA's, Women dress up in Dresses/Gowns and Men in Tuxes. Also Casual Days, even for the Flight Crew.

And now I am waking up.................Oh what a Dream!

If I had the money to buy US/LCC.............
I put the Coach at 34". Plus maintain 16 First Class Seats on Every M/L excluding the E190. And I would put the Closets back in. All narrowbody fleet of AB and Widebody fleet of Boeing's! I also would get Milk and Dairy Creamers.

Move the HQ back East. That AZ heat is for vacationing, not working. I said HQ's, PHX still be Hub, also utilize LAS better. Make a Mini-Hub in STL so that the small mid-america can have access to US. Would like to be able to do that at MDW, but almost impossible.

I also would make a rule that ALL Bonuses must be shared by ALL employees, No Upper Management Perks, everyone equal with benefits. Also I would shutdown 3 days a Year,
Thanksgiving Day-To Live the Meaning of being Thankful
Christmas Day-Day to be with Family, not away.
Independence Day-A Day to Celebrate and Light Up those Fireworks! Also have certain days where FA's, Women dress up in Dresses/Gowns and Men in Tuxes. Also Casual Days, even for the Flight Crew.

And now I am waking up.................Oh what a Dream!

You be in chapter 7 in 18 months too. The part about STL was the funniest.

PAR Capital Management to sell portion of its US Airways' portfolio
Tuesday, February 13, 2007

PAR Investment Partners, L.P. (PAR), US Airways' largest shareholder, has sold a total of 6.5 million shares of its 13.5 million shares of US Airways stock as part of its portfolio diversification strategy. PAR was an original investor in US Airways' merger with America West in September of 2005 and subsequently acquired additional shares in early 2006 in two private transactions.

After this sale, PAR Investment Partners will remain one of US Airways' largest investors and US Airways will remain the largest position within PAR's investment portfolio. In addition, PAR Capital Management Vice President Edward Shapiro will retain his seat on the US Airways' Board of Directors.

Jim