LAS flights

Necigrad, I agree I am shocked at how little airline employees seem to know about the airline business. My favorite thought is "Cargo pays the freight on that route" when discusing poor load factors. Even on big load yields cargo is almost never the deciding factor if to fly a route or not.

I'm amazed at how little airline employees realize the value of an actual airline network.

If it was a point to point market with high yields, WN would fly it, and clean everyone else's clock from a cost standpoint.

Necigrad, I agree I am shocked at how little airline employees seem to know about the airline business. My favorite thought is "Cargo pays the freight on that route" when discusing poor load factors. Even on big load yields cargo is almost never the deciding factor if to fly a route or not.
Only if you knew the past value of freight and mail

You are correct as far as how US operates. Example: PIT had one flt. per day to FRA, they were in the black ink every flt. due cargo. Thirty eight German companies relocated to PIT due this flt. All pax revenue was gravy to the profit margin! US closed minded that they are discontinued this flt and a petition was filed by the 38 companies! A judge ruled against the 38 and US dropped the route!

You are correct as far as how US operates. Example: PIT had one flt. per day to FRA, they were in the black ink every flt. due cargo. Thirty eight German companies relocated to PIT due this flt. All pax revenue was gravy to the profit margin! US closed minded that they are discontinued this flt and a petition was filed by the 38 companies! A judge ruled against the 38 and US dropped the route!

Doesn't it stand to reason if this was the case, then Lufthansa would have picked up this route? It isn't as if LH lacks a major hub at FRA, or the aircraft with the legs to make the flight, or cannot obtain permission to fly into PIT. I think you need to check either your assumptions or your conclusions.

So Questions Jester.

Doesn't it stand to reason if this was the case, then Lufthansa would have picked up this route? It isn't as if LH lacks a major hub at FRA, or the aircraft with the legs to make the flight, or cannot obtain permission to fly into PIT. I think you need to check either your assumptions or your conclusions.

So Questions Jester.
My friend Jester, management personally told all PIT employees that PIT-FRA was in black ink with cargo alone. They simply needed the aircraft they were using to explore other routes due to lack of the number of aircraft they had at the time. Bayer CO INC. was the main company protesting the removal of this route. Please do not take my word, I welcome your complete investigation on what I post. I only had 26 years in PIT and worked this flt, Unloading 5 to 7 cookie sheets of cargo every day as well as dpn's and dqf's. Also check the loads on FRA-PHL and maybe you will get the picture? So Requests GF

You are correct as far as how US operates. Example: PIT had one flt. per day to FRA, they were in the black ink every flt. due cargo.

Whomever told you this was mistaken, was pulling your leg or was lying.

Thirty eight German companies relocated to PIT due this flt.

If their air travel needs (including cargo) was profitable, then LH or UA would have flown the PIT-FRA moneymaker. As Jeter pointed out, if there was any money to be made in flying it, then LH or UA would be flying PIT-FRA today.

All pax revenue was gravy to the profit margin!

Again, whomever told you this was mistaken, was pulling your leg, or was lying.

US closed minded that they are discontinued this flt and a petition was filed by the 38 companies! A judge ruled against the 38 and US dropped the route!

This part of your post makes no sense. Judges don't rule on whether US airlines initiate or cancel service to FRA.

My friend Jester, management personally told all PIT employees that PIT-FRA was in black ink with cargo alone.

US management told you this? Again, it simply wasn't true.

They simply needed the aircraft they were using to explore other routes due to lack of the number of aircraft they had at the time. Bayer CO INC. was the main company protesting the removal of this route. Please do not take my word, I welcome your complete investigation on what I post. I only had 26 years in PIT and worked this flt, Unloading 5 to 7 cookie sheets of cargo every day as well as dpn's and dqf's. Also check the loads on FRA-PHL and maybe you will get the picture? So Requests GF

No doubt the plane was full of cargo. But the flight was profitable on that cargo alone? Nonsense.

Where would I be able to obtain a list of the 38 German companies that relocated to PIT for this one flight?

Latest posts

Back