LCC Equity heading into to toilet - - $11.62

May 9, 2004
Working with their private attorneys on revamping the change of control clauses in their employment contracts. I wonder what Doug and Scott have to beat the stock price down to before some one swoops in, buys the assets, and splits it up (its a back room deal). Basically, they have admitted failure by their silence. Failure is a relative term though, I'm sure both walk with $5+ million buy outs. Some times its great to fail. Do LCC employees realize their world is going to come down soon?

My next prediction, shareholder lawsuits... Coming to a courthouse near you!!!

Take off the blinders! The AMEX Airline Index is at its lowest point since the beginning of the Iraq War. It's not just US....its everyone getting hammered. And while the actual stock price is a large part....it also depends on the amount of shares outstanding. An airline can have a high stock price with much less shares outstanding and be worth less than a company with a low share price with a large amount of shares outstanding. It has very little to do with Parker or Kirby and everything to do with the economy and the price of oil.

Other stock prices:

WN - $11.68
UA - $25.80
NW - $11.75
CO - $18.81
AA - $12.25
B6 - $5.03
DL - $11.93
FL - $6.64
F9 - $4.80

Take off the blinders! The AMEX Airline Index is at its lowest point since the beginning of the Iraq War. It's not just US....its everyone getting hammered. And while the actual stock price is a large part....it also depends on the amount of shares outstanding. An airline can have a high stock price with much less shares outstanding and be worth less than a company with a low share price with a large amount of shares outstanding. It has very little to do with Parker or Kirby and everything to do with the economy and the price of oil.

Exactly. In 2002, at the depths of the airline revenue meltdown, oil was cheap. Today, fuel prices (more than four times higher) have more than offset the bankruptcy-induced wage and debt savings at the legacies - given where costs are, and the likelihood of losses, no airline stock has any real value. Investors are finally figuring that out.

.its everyone getting hammered.
Funny...when we say that "everyone else" is offering better service and running a better operation it you are up in arms...but when their stock is tanking it is ok because everyone is. Funny, LCC seems to be losing more ground percentage wise than the others.

Now might be a good time to buy some stock in an airline. Im just scared which one to pick as merger mania might happen and it will be worth zero!

This is why ALL airline stocks are down:

Airlines shares plunge on oil, economy

Not defending Doug, but this time it is not his fault.
Agree completely. There is a lot of uncertainty about where the economy is REALLY Going, the War and what is happening abroad, etc. The price of oil will effect everyone EVERYWHERE, transportation sectors will feel it first........although I can say, personal consumption has taken a toll already. (DP can't be blamed for this).

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=1y&s=L...dal%2Cnwa%2Clcc

LCC down much worse than all others... and that's post merger. Dougie is DESTROYING value, not creating it.

I think a big reason why LCC is down more than others is because of the inflated price it was trading at when it looked like a possible merger with DL. Had there been no merger talks, the stock price never would have reached as high as it did. When the merger fizzled, the stock came back down to where it would have been. If you figure the drop from that point, rather than the higher inflated point, I would bet we are more in line with the other airlines.

If you figure the drop from that point, rather than the higher inflated point, I would bet we are more in line with the other airlines.
Whether you use the price of LCC the day before the offer was made for DL or the day after it was rejected (both over $50), the stock is down near 80%. Have to look pretty hard to find another airline down that much.

Jim

how much worse could the stocks get given that the US Navy nearly opened fire on iranian boats

Exactly. In 2002, at the depths of the airline revenue meltdown, oil was cheap. Today, fuel prices (more than four times higher) have more than offset the bankruptcy-induced wage and debt savings at the legacies - given where costs are, and the likelihood of losses, no airline stock has any real value. Investors are finally figuring that out.

And with spiraling wage reductions, eliminated pensions, reduced healthcare benefits, and worsening working conditions, an airline job is nearing an all time low in value unless you are at the higher echelons of the company or the union. Workers are finally figuring that out.

He upgraded it did he ? oh wonderfull! now all our problems are over , no need to worry everyone! by the end of the day our stocks will get out of the ten dollar range because the analyst says to buy! ok all you investors! nows the time to sink your life savings into us airways ! your heard the guy , BUY! :lol:

Back