Lesson's to learn from other unions at AA

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Envoy know it alls in cockpit say "AA has to deal with us, there's a pilot shortage". Are they better off with the TA their union brought them or are they better off looking for another job where they don't have a flow threw agreement to AA and the big jets and big money.....Thats a rhetorical 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/21/us-american-airline-employment-idUSKCN0J529520141121

AA FA galley gossip experts and Facebook Airline CEO's to be, say AA will negotiate, I will not accept anything without profit sharing. Union and AA say if you vote down TA the contract will be decided by the arbitrator. Of course that's minus $82m off the top, meaning that AA FA will not be the highest paid FA's in the industry. We will see what work rules will be changed or what will be lost from 401k.

Well at least the self righteous/miss informed/apathetic can say they thought the arbitrator would give them what they wanted. 

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20141120-american-airlines-chief-says-contract-will-go-to-arbitration.ece

The lessons learned,

1) Not every contract is perfect, but the alternative can be a lot worse. 

2) Just because someone you work with says, "we will get everything we want", doesn't make him right

3) If that person working side by side with you knows so much about corporate finances, why are they working next to you?

4) Don't drop that handful of cash, because you THINK you MIGHT get more later. 

Reactions: 4 people
The lessons learned,..

IS... don't let your president be seduced by management by going to their wedding and get lifetime benefits no matter the outcome and have the the Delta DUI CEO make a blunder like.

"It's just not the right way to pay 100,000 employees that don't have that much impact on the daily profits."

It ok when they needed our help. Now there seems to be too much money to share.

Take what we give you or else.

How many billions will DP & Co make this year?

Reactions: 1 person
What lifetime benefits? Are you talking about the upgraded retiree travel? If so, that isn't new by any stretch of the imagination. It also is only available if she/he retires while able to have those passes. So IF Laura retires as president, she gets the A something or other passes. If she is back on the line when the separation occurs, then bubkas! But, again, why let facts ruin a good talking point on the Book Face!

bigjets said:
Envoy know it alls in cockpit say "AA has to deal with us, there's a pilot shortage". Are they better off with the TA their union brought them or are they better off looking for another job where they don't have a flow threw agreement to AA and the big jets and big money.....Thats a rhetorical 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/21/us-american-airline-employment-idUSKCN0J529520141121

AA FA galley gossip experts and Facebook Airline CEO's to be, say AA will negotiate, I will not accept anything without profit sharing. Union and AA say if you vote down TA the contract will be decided by the arbitrator. Of course that's minus $82m off the top, meaning that AA FA will not be the highest paid FA's in the industry. We will see what work rules will be changed or what will be lost from 401k.

Well at least the self righteous/miss informed/apathetic can say they thought the arbitrator would give them what they wanted. 

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20141120-american-airlines-chief-says-contract-will-go-to-arbitration.ece

The lessons learned,

1) Not every contract is perfect, but the alternative can be a lot worse. 

2) Just because someone you work with says, "we will get everything we want", doesn't make him right

3) If that person working side by side with you knows so much about corporate finances, why are they working next to you?

4) Don't drop that handful of cash, because you THINK you MIGHT get more later. 

Basically you are saying that Union workers should just accept whatever the company offers.  Then why have a Union at all? 

Be Careful What You Wish For. said:
The lessons learned,..

IS... don't let your president be seduced by management by going to their wedding and get lifetime benefits no matter the outcome and have the the Delta DUI CEO make a blunder like.

"It's just not the right way to pay 100,000 employees that don't have that much impact on the daily profits."

It ok when they needed our help. Now there seems to be too much money to share.

Take what we give you or else.

How many billions will DP & Co make this year?
Don't let your bitterness, cost you thousands of dollars in your pocket like the FAs. If you want to be self righteous, leave your job and start your own business, because who ever your boss is you will find fault. When Crandall was at aa he was hated by the pilots and FA now he is loved as that good ceo

“When you’re in a situation like that, I think the only thing to do is to do exactly what you said you were going to do,” Parker said. “We’re trying to build trust".

No he is trying to screw over the workers by locking them into long term concessionary deals and not even give them profit sharing. What in Parkers past should make us trustful? Did he treat America West workers well? NO. Did he treat US Workers well? NO. Why should we trust Parker? Every move his team has made in Maintenance has been antagonistic, especially in ORD. I wouldn't be surprised if he is behind all the crap going on there, hoping to start a job action so he can use that as an excuse to cut maintenance and say "Don't push back or we will do to you what we did to ORD". Evie isn't from ORD and its a lot colder there than NY. Sure she wouldn't mind going back. 

Reactions: 2 people
Bob Owens said:
Basically you are saying that Union workers should just accept whatever the company offers.  Then why have a Union at all?
In the Envoy pilot case it was a tough choice for sure, but a majority of the pilots there are transient building hours for the major airlines. That's why they have the flow through to AA, I don't think its outrageous for envoy to have the same pay rate as other regional carriers, but the best thing in their contract was the flow through agreement.

The FAs choice was simple a) vote the industry leading contract hardly concessionaire contract b) an average of delta UAL by the definition NOT a industry leading contract. There was no more negotiating after the TA. The APFA said that and AA said that.

But unfortunately for them, the Amateur CEOs on bookface and in the galley misinformed the FAs who couldn't be bothered to read the info sent to them. Which is sad because the APFA really did a good job for them over the past 25 years.

The twu is in a different position seeing how poor they have been over the past decade. I just hope your not negotiating for the twu.

bigjets said:
In the Envoy pilot case it was a tough choice for sure, but a majority of the pilots there are transient building hours for the major airlines. That's why they have the flow through to AA, I don't think its outrageous for envoy to have the same pay rate as other regional carriers, but the best thing in their contract was the flow through agreement.

The FAs choice was simple a) vote the industry leading contract hardly concessionaire contract B) an average of delta UAL by the definition NOT a industry leading contract. There was no more negotiating after the TA. The APFA said that and AA said that.

But unfortunately for them, the Amateur CEOs on bookface and in the galley misinformed the FAs who couldn't be bothered to read the info sent to them. Which is sad because the APFA really did a good job for them over the past 25 years.

The twu is in a different position seeing how poor they have been over the past decade. I just hope your not negotiating for the twu.
I agree that the APFA has done a good job, just not in this last case. Everyone is human, I think Laura needs to focus on the companies profits, the fat that the term was too long, the fact that the CAL and UAL contracts will be in section six and the fact that the current wage structure, even with the increases in the TA are way below historical levels and that the current evils accompanied the opportunity to regain some of that lost compensation through profit sharing. In fact thats why in the lawsuit brought forward by TWU members against the 2003 agreement that Little signed into place the Judge ruled against us. 

If the contract doesnt restore them to 2003 levels, before they gave concessions, then its concessionary. 

Be Careful What You Wish For. said:
What is an "A something or other passes."?
A5 is a positive space first class ticket where they will displace a paying passenger and it can be used for business or pleasure. 

Bob Owens said:
A5 is a positive space first class ticket where they will displace a paying passenger and it can be used for business or pleasure.
She also gets Admirals Club too.

Josh

The fact is Laura is elected, so what she gets doesn't bother me as much as when appointed people who have more say than elected people on the contract get it.

Laura knows she has to win her seat back through an election. She has been a fighter, hopefully she will step back, look at this and try and Unite the FAs to make sure they come out of this with a deal that shortens the terms set in BK, now that the company is no longer in BK and gets them Profit Sharing in the meantime. I hope she reaches out to the other Unions and starts holding informational pickets at the major airports informing the public of AA's profits as they squeeze the customers into smaller seats and squeeze them again for bag charges etc. 

I believe the APFA has a committee that negotiates and Laura really doesn't run them, much like the pilots. One has to wonder what percentage of the YES voters really weren't that thrilled with the deal but voted YES due to the endorsement and how many of the people here who were in favor of the deal are management hiding behind aliases? 

One thing I'm pretty sure of is if this deal had passed by year three nobody would admit to voting yes and everybody would be complaining about it.

A five year run of multi-billion profits is long, my bet is by the time the next round of negotiations start AA will still be pulling in $50 billion a year but they will have found a way to hide $51 billion. In real terms the FAs standard of living will be lower then than it is today. 

Bob Owens said:

One thing I'm pretty sure of is if this deal had passed by year three nobody would admit to voting yes and everybody would be complaining about it.

Pretty bold statement Bob to say you're pretty sure you know how the F/A's would be acting and thinking three years down the road.

AANOTOK said:
Pretty bold statement Bob to say you're pretty sure you know how the F/A's would be acting and thinking three years down the road.
Been in this industry over 30 years, I've seen it all before. Its the same nightmare over and over again with workers making the same mistakes over and over again. Nobody learns from the past.  

Reactions: 3 people