Let the Airline Mergers Begin

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com

Without tax-payer protection, Delta Air Lines would be no more. In October, Delta reported that its net loss narrowed to $88 million from $301 million in the same month of last year. Delta is in serious trouble and a US Airways consolidation would bring increased pressure to instate a sustainable business operation

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Without tax-payer protection, Delta Air Lines would be no more. In October, Delta reported that its net loss narrowed to $88 million from $301 million in the same month of last year. Delta is in serious trouble and a US Airways consolidation would bring increased pressure to instate a sustainable business operation

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What a bunch of crap. Without "taxpayer protection" US Airways would have been gone twice, HP would have been gone as well as CO and UA. Then DL definitely wouldn't be in BK. Funny that two airlines that took ATSB money to survive are now using it to turn on a competitor.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Very GOOD Article, More What is Really Happening in the Airline World or Rather What Need's to Happen.
Thanks USA 320 Pilot.

What a bunch of crap. Without "taxpayer protection" US Airways would have been gone twice, HP would have been gone as well as CO and UA. Then DL definitely wouldn't be in BK. Funny that two airlines that took ATSB money to survive are now using it to turn on a competitor.
I agree 100%.. Thank you, taxpayers! Unfortunately, CO, UA, and HP/US are now solvent. DL is not. :blink:

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I'm not sure what your goal is here, USA320Pilot. If Delta is in that sad of shape, and USAirways is in such good shape, why do you seem so eager to become a Delta employee?

If I were in your shoes I would be running from this thing. Delta would surely bring your operation down...remember, "they are in serious trouble".

Moreover (I had to throw that in somewhere), Delta doesn't bring anything of value to the table for USAirways. Your company is already making loads of money, right?

Why do you want this deal so bad when you apparently already have it so good?? Enquiring minds want to know?

Abe

I remember hearing all about Delta's recovery plan BEFORE BK..."It was when US Airways goes out of business". The table has turned there ol' 757...and as your board name states...you are in the barrel.hehehehe!!!

The biggest burden on the taxpayers has been due to the pension fiasco caused by ALL of the above listed Airlines combined. All had their pension funds underfunded, and took advantage of the shortfall by filing BK. The PBGC got stuck holding the ball afterwards. I believe this was one of the key reasons that most filed for BK protection in the first place. Just think how much the pensions they all dumped add up to alone. As I said, this was not an isolated issue with DL, all that filed are guilty of the same. I don't recall if HP dumped theirs, and if they did what the amount was. To be honest, I never paid much attention to what was going on at HP prior to the US merger.

"The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty"????

Not exactly a mainstream media outlet there skippy --- more like self-important blog.

And no new information or insight either.

You are reaching here o'capitan.

Pass on this thread folks.

Nice one 320. Where the Heck did you dig this crap up from? Your carrier has been at death's door more times than not and is probably on a first name basis with St. Peter.

This article is filled with errors, just like your UCT's, ICT's and various other BS you have spouted here. In fact Mr. ex570 where would Unstable Airways be without the ATSB STABILIZATION LOAN?????????????

Sell crazy somewhere else. We are all stocked up here.

Thank you, taxpayers! Unfortunately, CO, UA, and HP/US are now solvent.

What did the tax payers foot the bill for? These companies are solvent because they "negoiated" with their suppliers and restructured their businesses under the law. But the big piece of the puzzle is that they brought in management that knew how to run the airline. Grinstein, is an old goat who needs to turn the reins over to some new blood if DL is to survive in the long run.

Abe & Magsau:

Abe said: "Why do you want this deal so bad when you apparently already have it so good??"

USA320Pilot comments: Who said I wanted the deal to proceed? However, at today's Calyon Securities Airlien Confernece US Airways president Scott Kirby indicated he is "highly confident" the proposed corporate transaction could create greater cost and revenue synergies than $1.65 billion and it "would create the most profitable airline in world".

If that's true then I am all for working for the "would create the most profitable airline in world," regardless of how that happens.

Magsua said: "Nice one 320. Where the Heck did you dig this crap up from? Your carrier has been at death's door more times than not and is probably on a first name basis with St. Peter. This article is filled with errors, just like your UCT's, ICT's and various other BS you have spouted here. In fact Mr. ex570 where would Unstable Airways be without the ATSB STABILIZATION LOAN?????????????"

USA320Pilot comments: US Airwayy benefit from the ATSB loan guarantee, just like United and every other carrier benefited from the financial gift the federal government provided to every carrier. Moreover, United and virtually every other legacy carrier "failed" in the marketplace and needed bankruptcy to survive.

Now US Airways has used M&A activity to become one of the financially strongest airlines in the U.S. with the best margins in the industry with revenue gains that are double almost all of its carriers. Why? Not spectacular management, but instead the tangible benefits of the AWA and US Airways merger.

Its no wonder Glenn Tilton is shopping United and according to Mike Boyd has put a "for sale" sign on the company by hiring Goldman Sachs.

By the way, regarding the UCT and ICT, maybe you should review my posts so you get a clear understanding of what transpired instead of sounding like an uninformed “moronâ€￾.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Its no wonder Glenn Tilton is shopping United and according to Mike Boyd has put a "for sale" sign on the company by hiring Goldman Sachs.

By the way, regarding the UCT and ICT, maybe you should review my posts so you get a clear understanding of what transpired instead of sounding like an uninformed “moron”.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Boyd is your source of information??? Since you like his work how about this??? http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm#...Mantra%20Begins

Oh that is not so good now is it? I think Boyd also said UAL was a force to be reckoned with just recently. As in AFTER the "for sale" sign quote you made. How about the quotes from Boyd that said US was "done" not long ago? Things do change in this industry but you remain one of the biggest "uninformed morons" on the planet. Typical of the 570 you have no sense of reality and everyone else just have to wait out your tour of being the crazy aunt in the attic until you get put out to pasture. I can hear your crying words as they pry you from the cockpit of your US RJ "I coulda been a contender!!"

As for reading your UCT/ICT BS I don't read most of what you write on this forum. I definitely would go to no great lengths to read anything else you have written. So in other words don't flatter yourself. I don't look for "Chits Aviation consulting and lawnchair repair" for aviation information

Have a merry christmas and stay off the eggnog before noon.

Magsua said:In fact Mr. ex570 where would Unstable Airways be without the ATSB STABILIZATION LOAN?????????????"

USA320Pilot comments: US Airwayy benefit from the ATSB loan guarantee, just like United and every other carrier benefited from the financial gift the federal government provided to every carrier.

A little truth for all.
1. America West and US were given loans/guarantees.
2. The loans were paid back and have made a profit for taxpayers.
3. United was turned down for an ATSB loan.
4. Numerous others were denied: Gemini, Medjet, Vanguard, Frontier Flying (not F9), Spirit, National, Great Plains.
5. Approved airlines were America West, ATA Holdings, Aloha Airlines, Frontier Airlines, US Airways, and World Airways.

I will say this about the ATSB. At first I was very worried that it would be a free for all. However for the most part the airlines they gave money to are still around and are much better. The ones denied had to fend fro themselves some are already gone, except UA, NK, and GR. The ATSB is one of the far too few examples of a program that made money for taxpayers.