Lets Go Over Today's Paycheck

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
:eek:
Lets take a look at my pay stub that I received today. Keep in mind , this is the current pay before the 35% proposed pay reduction that management wants to give all CWA members.
Keep in mind that I have 27 years seniority with the company. Allegheny guy here.

Year to Date Earnings Gross 20,300
Take home net pay for the last 2 weeks $758.00
401K deduction $44.00
Take home pay per week is $379.00 , have to work 25 hrs to get this much.

Let's see, If I take a 35% pay cut, that Lakefield says I must do to let the company survive, that brings my bring home pay down to $246 a week. That boils down to $12,810.20 a year to live on.

Looks like a NOOOOOOOOOOOO Vote here bud.
Unemployment pays $405.00 a week for a full year.
Who needs to NON rev anyway. It's not pretty now, and won't be pretty later.

Take off a conservative 15% in taxes you'll have to pay anyway, and that $405 goes to $365 for six months. At the end of six months what job are you going to get? Lets say you get one at $13 an hour to start (pretty rare in customer service, but we'll toss it out there), and you are looking at $520 gross for a forty hour week. Let's also say you are insuring a family on that, you'll pay a pretty penny. Met with a business today that pays 100% of the major med premiums for their employees, but the employees foot the boat for dependents. Family coverage runs him $400 a check. Start with $1040, deduct 25% for FICA and Income tax (they don't pretax insurance there), you get $780. Subtract $400 in insurance, you get $380 every two weeks to live on. Oh yeah, no 401k, pension, dental, disability to life insurance. Welcome to small business people.

Yeah, Cobra coverage for health (no dental) for me, wife and kid worked out to 550$ a mo. :blink:

Do not forget, it takes up to four weeks for the first unemployment check to arrive from when you file. Ohhh, added fun, do not forget you get taxed on the UC checks too, neat eh...?

Full pay til the last day for a short time, or Some pay and benifits until you leave for somethng else... Hey man, it is your choice. <_<

FLYUSAIRWAYS,

Out of curiousity, are you salaried or hourly? Because you mentioned you had to work 25 hours a week to get what was in your pay, unless I read that incorrectly.

What you have posted here, is ALREADY a reality for Mainline Express agents. Their checks are close to yours for 40 hours of work. This is for both CWA & IAM employees. Vision taking 35% more away from some who have already lost close to 50% if their wages. You didn't throw medical coverage in there, but that is set to increase every year during the contact as well.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
Year to Date Earnings Gross 20,300
Take home net pay for the last 2 weeks $758.00
401K deduction $44.00
Take home pay per week is $379.00 , have to work 25 hrs to get this much.

Let's see, If I take a 35% pay cut, that Lakefield says I must do to let the company survive, that brings my bring home pay down to $246 a week. That boils down to $12,810.20 a year to live on.

[post="170789"][/post]​

I forgot to ask. Why are you trying to support yourself on a part time job at 25 hour per week?

N628AU said:
I forgot to ask. Why are you trying to support yourself on a part time job at 25 hour per week?
[post="170858"][/post]​

I hate to sound crass, but that was one of my first thoughts, too.

If the job has paid $20K for Jan-Aug, that is $30K for the year...

Not bad for a part time job that doesn't need any higher education or technical training / certification, IMHO.

Bear96 said:
If the job has paid $20K for Jan-Aug, that is $30K for the year...

Not bad for a part time job that doesn't need any higher education or technical training / certification, IMHO.
[post="170878"][/post]​

Sheesh. Yah. Maids make about $40 a day...

Imamec said:
Looks like the suckers are lining up for another yes vote... can you say slavery?
[post="170881"][/post]​

Let me see____S-L-A-V-E-R-Y...how's that?

I guess the painful clause is spreading, must be a airborne contagion resulting in a fatal cure.

Latest posts