Lisa Moore died last week

Story here.

Personally I think its a good thing. Anything that can get people to talk about things they are uncomfortable with is a good thing.
Death come's to us all and for me the word (Cancer) hits close to home, it's cruel yet it allows us to say farewell in a way that makes the departure less painful for those leaving and those left behind, (thank God for modern medicine) If you've ever lost someone in this manner then you know what Im talking about.

Setting and holding the hand of a loved one who has just been told they have less than six months to live is a tremendous burden, I know because I've done it not once but twice and both times I was there when the end came.

It was an experience that would change me forever!

My mom had cancer and passed away 2 years ago. Hardest thing I have ever had to see. I would rather it be quick and easy like a heart attack. Lights out It's harder on the survivors (never had a chance to make things right and say good by) but it is not about the survivors. My mom suffered enough in her life. This was not what she deserved.

My wifes best friend just passed away fro liver/colon cancer last 2 months ago. She saw her friend just wither way.

If I ever get cancer or some other regenerative ailment I'm moving to Oregon. I will go out on my own terms. No one else has the right to make that decision for me.

I do not understand the people who are angry at the strip/cartoonist. I read the strip and I thought it was done tastefully. It's not like he was mocking those who have cancer. He made it human and real. I do not see how that is a bad thing.

I guess we do have something in common after all.

I've had the unpleasant experience of dealing with cancer and alzheimer's with two family members.You are sorry to see them go but sorry to see life take that turn and relieved when its over if you can call it that.Empty relief.

One of my co-workers just got word that her chemo treatment was successful...She now has to continue a radiation regimen as "insurance" (her term), but it was nice to have something to celebrate at work for once! :up:

Latest posts