LOA 85 & 86 RATIFIED --- MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - Mar 22

----------------
On 3/22/2003 5:26:12 PM Atlantic wrote:

This T/A just came out...

----------------​

It is not a T/A; it is ratified by the MEC.

Why didn’t they have the cajones to let the membership vote? Were they afraid? They can’t pretend there wasn’t time to vote. There is no excuse that they did not send out whatever they had when there was time to vote.

Zephyr:

You can bet your last dollar that even with a membership vote this would have been ratified. The MEC knew this. And if you were still on the property here you would know it too.

As for me. It's been fun but it's time to move on. I will be making more and working 3 times as hard, but totally in control of my own destiny. That is my choice. This retirement issue was the last straw. More of you should think about not having to depend on hapless business school graduates trying to run an airline. Good luck all. No hard feelings here. Just a smile and a framed pilot license.

mr

----------------
On 3/23/2003 12:13:09 PM mrplanes wrote:

As for me. It''s been fun but it''s time to move on. I will be making more and working 3 times as hard, but totally in control of my own destiny. That is my choice. This retirement issue was the last straw. More of you should think about not having to depend on hapless business school graduates trying to run an airline. Good luck all. No hard feelings here. Just a smile and a framed pilot license.

mr

----------------​

The simple truth is that if most pilots put half as much effort into another career or business venture as they did this profession, they would be well on thier way to a much more lucrative career. That''s just something the lazy government workers and other "know it all''s" who sometimes frequent these boards just don''t understand. The only reason most pilots continue with this career is because of the time and effort spent getting to this level. They simply are trying to recoup some small return on the incredible investment made toward this career. Best of luck to you!

----------------
On 3/22/2003 2:54:07 PM PITbull wrote:

Was "ratification" Unanimous?

----------------​

[FLAME DELETED]

----------------
On 3/22/2003 6:26:28 PM Atlantic wrote:

You guys made us better pilots.
Thanks

----------------​

[FLAME DELETED]

----------------
On 3/23/2003 12:13:09 PM mrplanes wrote:

Zephyr:

You can bet your last dollar that even with a membership vote this would have been ratified. The MEC knew this.
----------------​

No they didn't. Or they would have sent it out. But I am not surprised that men like them would expect so little of their fellow pilots.

None of us know what the vote would have been. There is no telling what a vote is until people are actually faced with it.

We will never know what the membership would have done.

Regardless, it is an insult to say the membership would have joined the MEC in selling out the very men who made the pilot profession when the MEC was wearing diapers.

Good luck in your new profession.

----------------
On 3/24/2003 12:53:46 AM PineyBob wrote:

..............Internet Muscles amuse me.

Personally I would love for you to throw me off a flight for a non threatening comment of any kind or display of my Cockroach pin. The resulting legal fireworks would be most interesting and enjoyable to say the least.

----------------​

Thanks for the chuckle, I''ve enjoyed the sanctimony.

----------------
On 3/22/2003 11:16:17 AM LavMan wrote:

Zeph, explain something to me. First of all I am not a fan of givebacks, or both Daves.

But Bronner said he will pull the plug and force in the $360 million dollars which would force US to file chapter 7, no ATSB loan, no $240 million investment and no $200 million investment, no jobs for current pilots and the rest of the employees and the current retires would get the $28,000 max from the PBGC pending their age.

Do you not understand the pilots are in a no win situation?
You take your lumps and live to fight another day.

It is just like Saddam, he has no chance against the US and the pilots had no chance against Dave and Dave.

So do you shoot yourself in the foot or commit complete economic death for yourself and almost 30,000 other employees?

Read the news, UAL, CO, NWAC and AC all laying off, where are you gonna get a job?

----------------

When Dave comes after the other groups I want all of you to think of the 30,000 other employess. I will bet that most of you pilot bashers will want to shut this place down. I hope it never happens to you, unlike those of you who are happy about what happened to us

Bob wrote: . When you Accept a DB pension you are betting that the company is rock solid financialy and in a stable industry. Does that sound like US or the airline industry?
2. If you had a Defined Contribution Pension (401k) and you had $1,000,000.00 in it and US went Chapter 7 tomorrow how much money would you have the day after?

PITbull writes:

Hypothetically speaking, your assesment would sound reasonable.

But, say you didn't have a DB....

If your not a betting person, and the same circumstances with this industry's present woes happened, and your 401K $1M was in the market, next day, you would not be sitting on $1M. In fact, you would have lost your pants, shirt, and tie, way before the BK of U and any liquidations, as many, many investors I know, and what I have read. Everyone is in a jam, corporations AND individual 401k portfolios.
14.gif

Bob,

I guess your gains were my losses. We've just discounted each other out.

You see, if you were a unionized worker with either three unions, you would have had a DB plus a 401K "unmatched".

My 401K is presently "sick" at best. I stand at 67% of my prinicple down, and some just gone (U stock). I have been a participant of 401K plan since 1992.

And you already know my history on wall street during 2000 and 2001 from another thread, out side the 401K.
14.gif