Local 562 Pays For Ad

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
It seems that Local 562 took out a full page ad in a NY Labor newspaper called The Chief slandering Roger Toussaint (The President of Local 100, the NY Transit Local).

Now I really have to wonder if the members of Local 562 feel that taking out a full page ad in NY, slandering the President of a Transit local is an appropriate use of their dues? Was this voted on by the members or was it Randy McDonalds first installment towards an International Position, paid for by the members?

Its amazing that Local 562 is willing to spend money slandering Sonny Halls opponents but they are not willing to spend any of their millions trying to fight against concessions. Is that what the members of Local 562 want? Do they want their dues used to fund a battle between Sonny Hall and Roger Toussaint? What do the members of Local 562 have against New York City Subway workers? My guess is nothing. I would go even further to say that most members never even heard of Roger Toussaint. So why is 562 spending their money slandering Roger?

The ad stemmed from a demonstration that the Local 100 EB took part in along with members of Local 562 protesting Sonnys Halls suspension of two officers, Chuck Schalk and myself. Which was probably due to our failed efforts to shoot down the contract at American Airlines.

If you and your failed counter parts would wake up and understand what Unions are all about we would not be having this conversation! Its easy to post with half-Truths Bob!!!

Copied from Bob, miss-guided Individual lost in his own world!

Now CIO why do you lie so?

I saw the ad, it says right across the bottom "Paid for by Local 514".

Its easy enough to check out, checking it out.

Since you appear to be the spokesman for the TWU dont you think that you should try to make accurate posts?

Thomas Paine said:
Now CIO why do you lie so?

I saw the ad, it says right across the bottom "Paid for by Local 514".

Its easy enough to check out, checking it out.

Since you appear to be the spokesman for the TWU dont you think that you should try to make accurate posts?
He never does. :down:

Checking it Out said:
It seems that Local 562 took out a full page ad in a NY Labor newspaper called The Chief slandering Roger Toussaint (The President of Local 100, the NY Transit Local).

If you and your failed counter parts would wake up and understand what Unions are all about we would not be having this conversation! Its easy to post with half-Truths Bob!!!

Copied from Bob, miss-guided Individual lost in his own world!
CIO;

Are you so shook up that you are resorting to bold faced lies that are easily disproved?

Is the chance that you may have to work under the terms that you put in place that terrifying?

I picked up The Chief and on the bottom of page nine it says "Paid for by Local 514,11929 East Pine Street, Tulsa, OK 74116.

Perhaps you have this all confused with the ad that Local 562 put in the Tulsa World informing the members of what they were losing and urging them to Vote NO. That ad was suggested by and then voted on by the members of Local 562 at a membership meeting and approved by the board. Ask Bobby Gless what one of our members told him when he said that we were wasting their money.

Were the members of Local 514 told that $6000 of their money was going to pay for an ad in a NY paper slandering the President of Local 100?

You accuse me of half truths, well half truths are better than the whole lies you write.

OK, Please tell me what you think "unions are all about".
My guess is "majority rules".
"Pay your dues, do what your betters tell you to do (betters of course are never the members but higher ranking union officials) and move up in the organization if you want to make a good living."
"Lying, stealing, sharing wives/girlfriends (and then beating them) with other Reps is all part of the game."
"I got mine."
"Never, ever, ever, ever accept blame when you can pin it on someone else."
"When ever possible try to blame someone who is not in the room" (you fogot that one at the Local 565 meeting didnt you-ouch!!).

One of the reasons why this union is in such bad shape is because morons like you are moved up in it.

Getting a little defensive?

And you haven't stretched the truth a little? It was easy to point fingers and add a little half-truths to make something appear different. I hate to tell you but their was a little more participation in the decission making on the ad. Local 562 and the leaders held out of service need to wake up and look at representing all the membership! not just their little circle.

Local 100 leadership and 562 did wrong and need to look in the mirror to see what they should do different in the future to better the themselves. Not go and make fools of themselves in public!

:D :eek:

I saw the vote results, Local 562 rejected the contract by over 90%.

It seems they are representing their members.

Checking it Out said:

And you haven't stretched the truth a little? It was easy to point fingers and add a little half-truths to make something appear different. I hate to tell you but their was a little more participation in the decission making on the ad. Local 562 and the leaders held out of service need to wake up and look at representing all the membership! not just their little circle.

Local 100 leadership and 562 did wrong and need to look in the mirror to see what they should do different in the future to better the themselves. Not go and make fools of themselves in public!

Could you be a little more precise as to what you are talking about?

Speaking of making a fool of yourself, we all read your statement about the bases. Has Jim banned you from talking to the press from now on?

CIO Wrote:" Local 562 and the leaders held out of service need to wake up and look at representing all the membership! not just their little circle."

Un like your little band of dictators, the Board at 562 does listen to their membership, every action that is taken is taken with their blessings. The majority make the decisions not the chosen few.
They are informed of all facts and occurances, they are told the truth and they make up their own minds. They are not sheep they do not need to be told what to do, or led to what path the International has chosen.

To blindly follow what is told is blind ignorance.

Bob Owens said:
Checking it Out said:

Could you be a little more precise as to what you are talking about?

Speaking of making a fool of yourself, we all read your statement about the bases. Has Jim banned you from talking to the press from now on?

No response Gary?

Oh by the way I met with LOCAL 510s President, he said he had no prior knowledge that his name was going to be attached to an ad. I also spoke to several other Presidents who claimed that they were unaware of Sonnys recent acts. How many of those other Presidents were not filled in on all the facts?

As time goes by more and more of the AA/ATD Presidents will realize what has been done to them. They have been made the scapegoats of the Internationals crime. Nester found out, are you making a spot for him? He was in for what 4 terms? Now he is back on the floor working under the terms he put in place. One by one they will all be back on the floor as the members exercise the only democratic means of expression they have left. Notice I did not say "right", because while the members can vote in Presidents or other officers, if the International does not approve of their choice they will make up charges and remove them from office.

So as members of the TWU ATD what rights do we have?

Do we have the right to choose who will represent us to the company on a systemwide level?
No, The ATD Directer is appointed and he in turn appoints Reps.

Do we have the right to vote on our contracts?
No. You dont even have the "right" to get a ballott if they decide to allow a vote. If in the Internationals opinion contractual changes are "improvements" they can change the contract without putting it to a vote. For instance I believe that one of the big "improvements" in the modification was stock options. From the internationals position, since I believe that they are also entitled to the options even though they are not on the AA payroll this was a big plus. They get to share in any possible gains without taking any of the paycuts, loss of vacations, holidays etc.

Do we have the right to choose who represents us on the local level? Sort of, but only if they are willing to do what the appointed officials tell them to do even if it hurts the members.

On the line we are not entitled to any Paid Holidays thanks to Jim Little, Bobby Gless and Gary Yingst!

A Paid Holiday is defined as a day off with pay. In other words getting a full weeks pay while having one extra day off. We do not get this, what we get is 4 hrs pay for eight hours worked. Great job Jim, Gary and Bobby, I bet they get off all the holidays!

Keep avoiding these problems as you have in the past. Dont worry they will fix themselves soon enough,, when they vote to go to AMFA, the AGW and the AA Dispatchers union!