Kangaroo Court

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Today, Wednesday 8/20/03 is Bob Owens' day in the Kangaroo Court of Juctice. His fate is in the hands of a Sonny Hall appointed henchman and the Distict Attorney trying the case is "Sell Out the Members for an International Job" BOBBY GLESS." Tomorrow is Local 562 President Chuck Schalk's day in the same Kangaroo Court with the same TWU players twirling their nooses.

This is nothing more than an AMFA lynching. The TWU is running scared plain and simple. I doubt very much that Bob and Chuck will have a fair hearing or a positve outcome. I hope that (and i'm sure they will) lose this case, they seek real lawyers and take the TWU to a real court of justice and have a fair trial.

Simply put, Bob and Chuck have no business holding an office in the TWU if they are campaigning for another union. If they want to PRIVATLY fill out a yellow card and PRIVATLY vote for another union thats their business but they clearly went too far. And being "elected" is no excuse. We would never permit an elected terrorist who refused to take the oath of office to take that office. In Britain elected Sinn Fein leaders refused to swear alleagance to the Queen and guess what? They couldn't take their seats in Parliment. Its common sense!!

Did you know that prior to Bobby Gless sleeping his way into an international position and when he ran for Local President at JFK, he was an AMFA supporter?

Funny thing though, you can vote out any politician be it legislator, senator , governor and even president, but you can't vote out the upper crust of the TWU!

We pay dues to this union and we can't even elect anyone highter than a local president.

Don't know anything about Gless or his situation. But I do agree with you that we should be voting for Presidents. Imagine that, we agree on something!!

AAmech said:
Simply put, Bob and Chuck have no business holding an office in the TWU if they are campaigning for another union. If they want to PRIVATLY fill out a yellow card and PRIVATLY vote for another union thats their business but they clearly went too far. And being "elected" is no excuse. We would never permit an elected terrorist who refused to take the oath of office to take that office. In Britain elected Sinn Fein leaders refused to swear alleagance to the Queen and guess what? They couldn't take their seats in Parliment. Its common sense!!

. . .and to take your comments a few steps further AAMech, they (AMFA and its' leaders) wouldn't stand for the same thing if circumstances were reversed.

And one more thing. . .I'm sure they have been cashing in those checks they get from the union for being an officer!!

Times up boys!!!

They would be singing a different tune if AMFA was a part of the AFL-CIO. That's the reason they are pursuing this witch hunt. Do you really think that if the IAM or Teamsters were trying to recruit AA mechanics, the TWU would be resorting to McCarthy-like tactics?

.....I heard the excuse that "we were representing the best interests of our floor". That's kinda lame...having given an oath and then undermining the union you represent blows your integrity. If they were truly worried about their floor they should have contacted the TWU as men and stated their beliefs as a basis for their respective resignations. That would have earned respect over the system...and what about the loyal TWU members in their local...fair deal to them?

.....A true leader does not require a platform to lead.

Hopeful said:
They would be singing a different tune if AMFA was a part of the AFL-CIO. That's the reason they are pursuing this witch hunt. Do you really think that if the IAM or Teamsters were trying to recruit AA mechanics, the TWU would be resorting to McCarthy-like tactics?

So I guess you agree with what they did? Getting paid as an officer of the TWU and supporting AMFA?? Dual-unionism is okay with you? The "witch hunt", as you call it, is warranted. Kind of like those concessions that AMFA will be looking at soon !! :D

Would you prefer they sign the "letter" of allegiance to the TWU and still fight for the AMFA drive?
By the way, we the members elected these officals, we the people are NOT demanding their removal, we the people believe they have our best interests in mind, we the people DID NOT VOTE FOR SONNY HALL, JIM LITTLE, BOBBY GLESS AND THE REST OF EM! WE THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE UNION DUES WHICH PAY THE SALARIES SHOULD HAVE A SAY IN ALL THE AFFAIRS OF THE UNION. NOT SOME SECRET TRIBUNAL IN A KANGAROO COURT!

AAmech said:
Don't know anything about Gless or his situation. But I do agree with you that we should be voting for Presidents. Imagine that, we agree on something!!
And how is Joe Candidate from the big Apple going to get to be known by the rest of the system? I can't see voting for someone unknown, west of the Missippi.

Why don't you all pay more attention to who you vote for electors? You do get to know the electors (representatives) for each convention.

The IBT has direct elections for their president need I say more?

Thats true, it won't solve all our problems. I was in the IBT and we all thought Ron Carey was wonderfull when he was campainging!

Hopeful said:
Would you prefer they sign the "letter" of allegiance to the TWU and still fight for the AMFA drive?
By the way, we the members elected these officals, we the people are NOT demanding their removal, we the people believe they have our best interests in mind, we the people DID NOT VOTE FOR SONNY HALL, JIM LITTLE, BOBBY GLESS AND THE REST OF EM! WE THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE UNION DUES WHICH PAY THE SALARIES SHOULD HAVE A SAY IN ALL THE AFFAIRS OF THE UNION. NOT SOME SECRET TRIBUNAL IN A KANGAROO COURT!

We the members, we the people, we the people, we the people. . .you speaking for everyone now???

FYI: Sonny Hall, Jim Little and Bobby Gless ARE elected by the members!!! Sonny Hall is voted on nationally. That's why these AMFA boys on these posts have a gripe about it.

I bet if you took a poll, the majority of the members WOULD have a problem with what Bob and Chuck (and a few others) are doing.

I don't remember voting for Little? Do YOU? Did you vote for BOBBY "SELL THE MEMBERSHIP OUT" GLESS.

TWUER? Do you speak for the pro TWU side as well?

We the members are the ones who vote for the local presidents and treasurers.

TWUER, Pretty soon AMFA will be the union of choice!

The boys at the IAM thought they would win as you do. It's all over TWUER!

" Do you really think that if the IAM or Teamsters were trying to recruit AA mechanics, the TWU would be resorting to McCarthy-like tactics?"

The point is moot, as AFL-CIO unions have agreed not to "poach" on others.