Look here another Republican, Former senator reveals he fathered a child with daughter of another se

Let me get this right... Domenici isn't in office anymore...

"What difference does it make, Senator?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QU8tZZzRWdM

Really?

Pete's kid is an adult, in like his 30s, Edwards daughter is very young.

Try again.

From the article:

She said that she raised the son as a single mother, and that Domenici had agreed to keep his fatherhood secret because of their connections to the Senate.

If Domenici agreed to keep it a secret, he was obviously respecting the wishes of somebody else. More than likely, he did pay his support.

From the Article:

Your point? Clinton lied about having sex with that woman. It wasn't about the sex but the lie. Can't see it?

Lets change it a bit: It wasn't the act, it was being accused of it and saying you didn't. Then comes exhibit A.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]This is from Wikipedia. ..."At the behest of conservative leaders, Laxalt drafted the initial version of the Family Protection Act of 1981, which would have cut back on child and family programs that proponents regarded as contributing to the disintegration of the American family."[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]So here is a conservative republican (Laxalt) letting his single unmarried daughter mess around with another married conservative senator and they have a baby out of wedlock. Isn't that contributing to the disintergration fo the American family?[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]But of course what Bill Clinton did was way worse so let's bring up that and his wife, who the repbulicans are scared off in 2016, so we have to chang the topic to her.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I want someone to tell me and the world why it was ok for George W. to lie to the Congress, the Americans and the world that Iraq had "yellow cake" and that was reason enough to kill thousands of American troops that were supposed to have been greeted as liberators. Why doesn't the loser senator from arizona get all riled up about those deaths? He and no lips Lindsey should get a congressional committee together and demand Cheney and his fake heart tell again why we went to Iraq and why neither one couldn't find Osama bin Landen? But no one on the right will ever take responsiblity or ownership. [/background][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Some how I know that Fox "Fair" News will concentrate on the Clintons and Rush will continue to be ashamed of America while he's in a drug induced state and doctor shopping. Good thing that he demands that all druggie go to jail.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I guess that since I'm not afraid fo the boogey man anymore, I wouldn't be a very good republican.[/background]

Reactions: 1 person
I would say the biggest difference between Bush Sr. and Clinton is that we know Clinton lied we only believe Bush Sr. lied. Cannot prosecute what you cannot prove. Clinton’s mistake was in not telling Congress and the media to butt out of his personal life and just say 'no comment'.

I also believe the reason that all these scandals have more run time with republican than they do with Dems is due to the fact that as you pointed out, the republicans (when it comes to the family values BS) are beyond hypocritical. They do not and probably will not for the foreseeable future have an openly gay representative in Congress. They may have quite a few gay representatives in Congress but none that we know of. Once they are discovered they resign in disgrace … tap tap tap.

The republicans proclaim their love of freedom, small government and equality but have no problem proposing legislation that will invade the smallest nooks and cranies of people private lives. The proclaim a war on Christmas as the National Christmas tree is lit in DC and a huge one in Rockefeller center (not to mention the thousands of them all over the country on public property) but deny that they are waging a war on womens personal rights and those of other minorities via legislation that does exactly that.

Reactions: 3 people
I also believe the reason that all these scandals have more run time with republican than they do with Dems is due to the fact that as you pointed out, the republicans (when it comes to the family values BS) are beyond hypocritical. They do not and probably will not for the foreseeable future have an openly gay representative in Congress. They may have quite a few gay representatives in Congress but none that we know of. Once they are discovered they resign in disgrace … tap tap tap.

Once again, your own personal hypocritical horseshit precedes your knowledge of the facts. Most likely when you were in grade school gay Republicans were active and tolerated in the political process.

This should feed your political ignorance of the facts,

Your favorite source, WIKI:

Kolbe came out as gay in August 1996 after his vote in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act spurred efforts by some gay rights activists to out him.[sup][3][/sup] He won re-election that year. In 2000, he became the first openly gay person to address the Republican National Convention, although his speech did not address gay rights.[sup][4][/sup] He was the second openly gay Republican to serve in Congress, the first being Steve Gunderson of Wisconsin.[sup][5][/sup]
Even after coming out, Kolbe's record on gay rights was somewhat mixed. He was lukewarm in his support of same-sex marriage, but he strongly supported the availability of universal civil unions.

And this:

Opposed and then supported by conservatives

In 1994, Gunderson was outed as gay on the House floor by conservative then-representative Bob Dornan (R-CA) during a debate over federal funding for gay-friendly curricula,[sup][4][/sup] making him one of the first openly gay members of Congress and the first openly gay Republican representative.[sup][5][/sup] In 1996, Gunderson was the only Republican in Congress to vote against the Defense of Marriage Act,[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup] and he has been a vocal supporter of gay rights causes since leaving Congress .
Although Gunderson drew opposition from some conservatives for his support of gay rights causes, other conservatives later praised him for his advocacy on behalf of expedited immigration rights for the Laotian Hmong, who had been allied with U.S. war efforts during the Vietnam War and later faced persecution under the Communist government of Laos.

I stand corrected regarding Kolbe but I think you missed the mark on Gunderson. He was outed in 1994 while in office and did not seek reelection when his term was over. So it does not appear he was never elected as an openly gay Congressman. Neither was Kolbe for that matter but he was already in office so perhaps that changed things a bit.

I stand corrected regarding Kolbe but I think you missed the mark on Gunderson. He was outed in 1994 while in office and did not seek reelection when his term was over. So it does not appear he was never elected as an openly gay Congressman. Neither was Kolbe for that matter but he was already in office so perhaps that changed things a bit.

Regardless, two served in the ninties and it looks like they were well known.

They do not and probably will not for the foreseeable future have an openly gay representative in Congress. They may have quite a few gay representatives in Congress but none that we know of. Once they are discovered they resign in disgrace … tap tap tap.

One got reelected, the other one not.... I wonder why? How tolerant was the GOP of gays? How many pieces of legislation have been proposed and/or passed against equality for gays? Gunderson was outed by Dornan. Gunderson did not divulge his orientation voluntarily. Do you think he may have had a reason for that?

Well known? By what standard?

Yes I did. I missed Kolbe. I searched for gay republicans and came up with quite a few on the local level but the "popular" Kolbe did not even show up much less Gunderson.

Fact still remains that the RNC is not friendly to gays.

Reactions: 4 people