Looks like the future of downsized res will be put to the test with impending ice/snow expected in W

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS-Pro,
I understand your frustration, but please, act like the professional you claim to be. Our customers are the only thing keeping "US" barely sucking air instead of water at this time. I am also frustrated by the mismanagement/non-management of this company, but refuse to use this forum, or the phones at work to communicate it to our customers.

Enough of the personal attacks from everyone and I dont care WHO started it. If it isnt stopped voluntarily, it will be done otherwise. Thank you.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 8:06:14 PM PineyBob wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 4:01:46 PM CS-pro wrote:

Perhaps you would like to gag on my 20 or 30 complimentary letters and reviews I have saved up over the past few years that I did not solicit nor have to bribe anyone to obtain. You say I still have a bad attitude and pi$$ poor service?

Sounds to me like a typical 20 year person, 1 year of experience and 19 years of repitition of the first years experience. ----------------
[/blockquote]

OK let's review the tape as they say! Read slowly where it says "Sounds like" Did say you were 20 year veteran? I said you sounded like one! Big difference darlin'!

At no time in any post did I specifically say you delivered pi$$ poor service? NO!!!! I did not! My issue was/is the non stop negativity. Stop already! You make me nuts with it! What will become of US Air will happen whether you are mad, sad or glad! So get glad! It doesn't hurt and it brightens the day of those around you. I mean Jeezus H Keyricst CS-Pro, the things that really count will go on long after we leave our current employer. Go home and hug your spouse and kids, or parents! Smile! Thank God you can use all of your limbs, you're alive and healthy and will live to fight another day. If you as good and as qualified as you say you are then this may be a blessing in disguise for you. And I truly hope your life takes you down the path you wish, I bear no one ill will except maybe Mr Wolfe!

BTW- 9:00PM EST - 11 minutes! Still not a half hour! Granted longer than before but not out of line with other airlines.

----------------
[/blockquote]

PineyBob:

I have 7 years of experience with US in various customer service roles, and regardless of the current situation, my main focus every day is finding solutions to customer problems and doing what I can with the resources available to me, to keep the customer from going across the ticket lobby to another carrier where they will ultimately find a much less friendly and knoweldgeable person to assist them. Senior management prior to Mr. Seigel followed the rest of the industry by believing that growth and full service was the path to profits. What they failed to understand is that a superior, but basic product with superior service from employees will generate more revenue per customer than trying to compete with UA, AA, DL, and NW. In the current and projected poor revenue environment through 2004, US must find a way to match WN and FL in cost per ASM. Lest anyone forget, Mr. Seigel has been around this business and he is one of the architects that turned CO around in the early 1990's, and they are doing better than average in the current environment. My job is at stake every day, just as the rest of the US employees, but the choice that must be made is to continue to provide superior service to the customer because at the end of the pay period, if you don't have customers, you don't get paid.

We need the business, and we appreciate your support.

[blockquote]
----------------

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 8:06:14 PM PineyBob wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
[/blockquote]

..YOU WROTE..OK let's review the tape as they say! Read slowly where it says "Sounds like" Did say you were 20 year veteran? I said you sounded like one! Big difference darlin'!

NOW YOU ARE REWRITING HISTORY MR CLINTON JR..YOUR QUOTE >Sounds to me like a typical 20 year person, 1 year of experience and 19 years of repitition of the first years experience. 30 letters over 20 years mean you got on average of 1.5 per year. That means out of 240 business days you did something right less than twice!
DO YOU CALL THIS HYPOTHETICAL MATH? THIS WAS DIRECTED AT ME WITH SPECIFIC FIGURES IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR POINT. USING TERMS LIKE "YOU GOT" and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which they don't), YOU CONVENIENTLY FORGOT TO FIGURE THAT INTO THE MIX.

YOU WROTE......At no time in any post did I specifically say you delivered pi$$ poor service? NO!!!! I did not! My issue was/is the non stop negativity. Stop already! You make me nuts with it! What will become of US Air will happen whether you are mad, sad or glad! So get glad! It doesn't hurt and it brightens the day of those around you. I mean Jeezus H Keyricst CS-Pro, the things that really count will go on long after we leave our current employer. Go home and hug your spouse and kids, or parents! Smile! Thank God you can use all of your limbs, you're alive and healthy and will live to fight another day. If you as good and as qualified as you say you are then this may be a blessing in disguise for you. And I truly hope your life takes you down the path you wish, I bear no one ill will except maybe Mr Wolfe!

AT NO TIME IN MY POST DID I EVER SAY I AM GOING ANYWHERE OR NEED TO GO ANYWHERE OR LEAVING ANYONE. FOR ALL YOU KNOW I AM COMFORTABLE WHERE I AM AND UNTIL I DECIDE TO OR OLD ENOUGH TO RETIRE, OR MAYBE NOT, AS LONG AS I AM ON THE PAYROLL I CAN FREELY SPEAK MY PIECE ABOUT MY EMPLOYER AND BE PERMITTED TO DO SO WHETHER ITS POZ OR NEG. I WAS TALKING IN RELATIVE TERMS FOR AND ABOUT MY COLLEAGUES IN ORLANDO AND IN OTHER TOPICS ABOUT THE REPERCUSSIONS, ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF BEING UNIONIZED AS WELL AS EXPRESSING THE SAME THEORIES ABOUT KEEPING MORE AGENTS ON THE PAYROLL.
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 5:20:13 PM PineyBob wrote:

6:21PM EST total wait time 3 minutes!

----------------
[/blockquote]

Wait time? what wait time? last few times I've called I heard "a chpr personal liaison will be with you shortly" followed immediately by ringing and then pleasent voice....

And I could make similar pleasant comments about the counter/gate/cabin service last week which made taking the family to PBI ON Thanksgiving Day (at 6am ), a truely pleasant experience (when you are trying to get 4y/o to behave like a little angel while seated in F so that the pax and FAs go "how cute" rather than "what an a^*^&$" is when you realy appreciate good cust svc [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif'] )

Realy dispite how bad things have obviously been getting, I have been treated to nothing but smiles and great service from all the US employees that I have interacted with.

You guys are great, don't let the jerks running the place get you down.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 11:48:52 PM PineyBob wrote:

12:47AM EST - TOTAL WAIT = 0 minutes
----------------
[/blockquote]

so 2 out 2 samples from the 12-1am time slot get a "no-wait" time of 0

too bad soon we will not be able to call after 12...

p.s. hey bob what are you doing up so late?

Your "olive branch" did not appear on screen til after I made my post.

I have been browing through the posts on this site and I am impressed with Piney Bobs posts. I am also an MCO res agent and I very rarely speak with CP's but have found most to be great. It is wonderful speaking with someone who knows what they want and when they want it. Back to the subject at hand, I fortunately do not know the disgruntled MCO agt and am glad I do not. I am being furloughed this week and have to admit at having much frustration with the company but I would never, ever compromise the pax. It is not their fault. I also have to admit to some frustration with management. I moved to MCO after another facility closing, so this is my second time. I am out for good with heavy heart. I was hoping to retire from U.

Piney asked for solutions. I have a few suggestions from the floor and paxs. We need more employee roundtable suggestions. Randamly picked. Variety is the spice of life. This can not be a popularity contest. We also need to address the hub/spoke structure and pricing stucture. Speaking from a res standpoint. One day we are simplifing our prices and giving last minute nonrefundable one ways (nz) fares and then we slowly creep in the old standbys. We need to stick to one thing and let it work. It takes time for new ideas. I think the 100 std by fee is genius. I also like the new chg time policies. You get what you are willing to pay for at the time you buy it. Like you would with most businesses. Dave recently stated that the $2000 transcon fares of the 90's are gone. Ok, so they are. What are we going to do about it. I think that we need to look at what the Southwest/Jetblues are doing. They are profitable. I didn't say copy. But they have a concept with their $299 walk up fare. Reminds me of Metrojet. Which never had a problem selling. Good fares always sell. I also hope the company rethinks its BWI markets as well as nonstops from NE to FL. It is crazy that there are no nonstops from LGA to MCO. Hello! We are giving that business away. RSW is bleeding from its deep cuts. Delta is loving us and watching like vultures. It is sad. I think the new kiosks are a great idea despite the risks to jobs. Pax like easy things. Kiosks are easy. I hope they address DM. We are booking gazillions of free tkts. They need to either raise the milage costs for a free tkt or rethink all the bonuses. I also know that the new res hours are a really good move. Wish I was going to be around for that. I hope that they get a better scheduler on for the new schds. I have to agree that the calls can be crazy. Today was busy. But I never had 250 calls on hold and I only had one upset person over time who eventually understood weather conditions and busy weekend. On a last note, I hope the company considers early outs. Lots of the younger workforce is being let go. The people who are left hope to retire in the next 5, 10 or 15. Then what....newbies at minimum wage?? Customer service will suffer.

In any case, I wish all left the best. Hopefully, I won't see you on the other side.

PS There is life...a good agent who knows their sh*t will find another decent job. Employers know a good one when they see it. Trust me, I did.

Well said! I agree 100% with you on virtually all you said and more. I am also being furloughed and although it makes me unhappy I believe what Piney Bob said, move on with your life and maybe it will even be better. I don't know who you are but I'm glad you're one of my co-workers.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 2:58:38 AM hpeff wrote:

I have been browing through the posts on this site and I am impressed with Piney Bobs posts. I am also an MCO res agent and I very rarely speak with CP's but have found most to be great. It is wonderful speaking with someone who knows what they want and when they want it. Back to the subject at hand, I fortunately do not know the disgruntled MCO agt and am glad I do not. I am being furloughed this week and have to admit at having much frustration with the company but I would never, ever compromise the pax. It is not their fault. ----------------
[/blockquote]

Who the heck is compromising the pax? Please Get your facts straight.You really need to clean that brown smudge off your nose. Anyway, Since you're initializing random pot shots at fellow agents(and dont say your not with the proverbial I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING WRONG SCHPIEL), may I join in the fray? Its only fair, right?
I could care less you're being furloughed, that's about as mean spirited as you saying glad you don't know someone you have never met,..care to de-rationalize that one? Can't be done ..This obviously means you have less than 5 years and are therefore clueless and not eligible to speak on the complete history of goings ons cust svc has had to endure for double, triple, or quadruple your tenure.Enjoy your new life. May it not be in a business you cannot speak intelligently about.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 5:37:51 AM PineyBob wrote:

I didn't use the CP line. I used the "regular Line" since I was called "out of touch" for using the "Red Bat Phone" Just called in a few times on the "real people" line to refute the claims of half hour waits. We unfortunately have some as Spiro Agnew put it "Nattering Nabobs of negativity" in our midst
----------------
[/blockquote]
Perhaps next you can impart some wisdom from Dan Quayle or Gerald Ford?

Shame on you, the almight res agent
So what, you think your all knowing and all seeing? You think that us 5 year agent haven't been around?
How about the agent who worked at Eastern, for years and were then let go. Some of the 5 year people worked in other department for years and for one reason or another had to work in res to keep there job.
Those people will not get there 15 weeks severance, they only get 5 years, thats 5 years of severance of 25 years of service. Do think those people don't know?
Don't even begin to tell us you dedicated you life to the company. Were all here for the same reason. MONEY. Don't tell me your working for this company out of the kindness of you heart. Yes, you slaved over a hot computer. And yes you've seen many changes. So what get over yourself

Remember what goes comes around goes around

I have to agree.. shame on you! I had only three years in reservations at US, but had 11 years at United until I was laid off, then had 6 years on the counters at US before I went to Res. But in your thinking, since I really only had 3 years on the phones at US, I know nothing. It sounds like you feel you are the only one who has given a d**m over the years, well come on down off the cross honey, it's someone elses turn!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 6:47:41 AM CS-pro wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 5:37:51 AM PineyBob wrote:

I didn't use the CP line. I used the "regular Line" since I was called "out of touch" for using the "Red Bat Phone" Just called in a few times on the "real people" line to refute the claims of half hour waits. We unfortunately have some as Spiro Agnew put it "Nattering Nabobs of negativity" in our midst
----------------
[/blockquote]
Perhaps next you can impart some wisdom from Dan Quayle or Gerald Ford?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sure seems like Reality Check is back at it as CS-Pro. Mr. MCO Don't be so bitter your not the only one losing there job!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts