Luv that 'new service' smell ;-)

It has been almost 2 months and there has not been any new flights announced. According to some gate agents, SWA is set to recieve 6 planes in June and 4 more in July. Where are they going to go? just wondering........

Ask and ye shall receive:

DALLAS, April 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines helps Customers celebrate their independence this summer by offering new service in key Southwest Airlines cities. The new service includes brand new nonstop flights between Philadelphia and both Columbus and Nashville. To take advantage of this new Southwest Airlines service, which begins July 2, 2006, visit: http://www.southwest.com/jp/luvhome.shtml?src=PR_NS_041306 .

"Customers can book their summer vacation on Southwest knowing low fares equal more cash to spend in their destination," said Kevin Krone, Southwest Airline's Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. "Southwest Airlines is different in this environment of higher fares and fees for inflight amenities. Our pillows, blankets, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary -- a Southwest tradition."

The new service breaks down as follows:

Beginning July 2, 2006
* Three new daily nonstop roundtrip flights between Philadelphia and
Columbus, Ohio.
* Two new daily nonstop roundtrip flights between Philadelphia and
Nashville.
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Philadelphia and
Providence (for at total of six daily).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Philadelphia and
Orlando (for a total of seven daily).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Chicago Midway
and San Antonio (for a total of two daily).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Chicago Midway
and Portland (for a total of two daily).

"As the low fare leader, Southwest Airlines continues to add new service coupled with low fares," said Krone. "Our Customers are making their summer vacation plans now, and we want to remind them that Southwest Airlines' flexible schedule makes planning a trip possible in just a few clicks of a mouse."

Southwest continues to be the low fare carrier, and Customers can take advantage of Southwest's new service at even lower fares. Fares begin as low as $59 one-way between Philadelphia and Columbus and as low as $99 one-way between Philadelphia and Nashville (see fare rules). These low fares are available for purchase today through July 2, 2006, and are valid for travel from July 2, 2006, through the end of the published schedule (currently Sept. 12, 2006). Tickets must be purchased at least 21 days before departure.

I would love to see more DEN service. SW now has 4 gates in DEN and only 20/21 flights a day. They are looking like a CLE or ISP in terms of gate usage. just my thoughts......... SW is certainly putting yield pressure on US out of PHL.

As I scrolled down and read the press release I didn't hold my breath while looking for a new service announcement involving DTW. I agree that SWA will only go where they can make money, and that 'freedom' will not happen on NWA's turf. But don't get mad at me making that statement. Next week I'm flying from DTW to PHL via MDW on SWA for $295. return instead of paying $660. for a return flight from DTW to PHL on NWA.