Mainline vs Express station

Rob

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
Does anybody know the maximum number of mainline flights that an express station can handle before it must be converted to a mainline station? Is this different from what it was under the old US?

Does anybody know the maximum number of mainline flights that an express station can handle before it must be converted to a mainline station? Is this different from what it was under the old US?

Express can not handle any mainline flights - Mainline Express can work 2 flights without being pushed to Mainline.

Express can not handle any mainline flights - Mainline Express can work 2 flights without being pushed to Mainline.

What does this mean for a station like CLE? Before the merger there was one US mainline flight a day and I believe the station was "mainline express" manned. Now there are five (1 US + 4 HP) mainline flights a day. Does that mean it must be a mainline station again? Or is the ramp still a separate operation?

if you're refering to the ramp side, ABE is an Express Station with one A-320 daily from ABE to PHX via CLT.
But for the inside, the station is/was MLE. I dont know what the official status is as of now, but I can tell you that ABE is an express city Piedmont handles the ramp.

What does this mean for a station like CLE? Before the merger there was one US mainline flight a day and I believe the station was "mainline express" manned. Now there are five (1 US + 4 HP) mainline flights a day. Does that mean it must be a mainline station again? Or is the ramp still a separate operation?
same question ...actually, tomorrow we start our new schedule..3 HP jets and I think one US...we are losing a flight in the AM to PHX...

mainline/express classification is not going away...the only thing with mle is that there going to mirror mainline pay in the next 24months...along with the option 2 vacations.....other than that, the other parts of mle that are different from mainline will still exist...

mainline/express classification is not going away...the only thing with mle is that there going to mirror mainline pay in the next 24months...along with the option 2 vacations.....other than that, the other parts of mle that are different from mainline will still exist...

Oh, I didn't realize that there were other differences. Could you give me a summary of the other differences? Thanks.

Rob, if I am not mistaken, HPN (white plains) used to handle about 4 of the F-100's per day, and about 14 express flights per day. They still were designated an express station.

Oh, I didn't realize that there were other differences. Could you give me a summary of the other differences? Thanks.
well being an mainline/express city you have the restrictions still on mainline jet flying into your city..but there is also a 5 week severance pay package, compared to 15 week package for mainline....we basically have the same set of rules as an express city as mainline, but some of the perks(biggest was the pay)are smaller than mainline...but getting this payscale back par to mainline can allow those who left their cities for the higher wages, an opportunity to go home should they choose.