Management looking to change 401K Plan Administrators

My two cents as well.. Fidelity is top notch..

Clearly the company is going to find the cheapest crappiest outfit to handle the money.. That's their goal.

Fidelity might as well walk away now..

My two cents as well.. Fidelity is top notch..

Clearly the company is going to find the cheapest crappiest outfit to handle the money.. That's their goal.

Fidelity might as well walk away now..

That really is an unfair quote. Companies do RFP's all the time, its the right thing to do and standard behavior. Your vision of the goal is through jaded eyes.

If you are so pissed off, you might as well walk away now.

When will this shittt stop? I am not even currently working at U, and I still am getting effected by their concession mentality, even AFTER U profitting $500 million....I just can't for the life of me, escape this crap.

Geezus!!

When will the EAST MECP get off his azzz and let the members know that this is in the works????
I don't think it will ever stop...when we lost you TG and others that have a clue, the company will roll all over us...it is also sad that if you ask 90% of f/a's what is the ERISA act or what is a DB plan or dollar cost adv. they look at you like a dear in the headlights...BUT if you want to know where all the malls are on you layover or who is on american idol...you will get top shelf advise...this is sad... think of all the money in the plans the company can let us have a good fiduciary...stop wallmarting us!!! remember for a nickle more you can go first class...stop being so CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP...AFA WAKE UP get the big picture worry about the real issues not the stupid stuff like what color is my uniform going to be...FIGHT the REAL issues :angry:

And to answer you question as to when it stops? It stops when Labor says "ENOUGH"!

Until then ladies and gentlemen assume the position.
Sounds great! Inspiring, even!

So that you are doing your part as well (instead of riling "labor" up to fight your battles for you), I think that as a consumer you should refuse to do business with a company you think treats its employees so poorly.

Are you up to the challenge?

QUOTE(PITbull @ Apr 17 2007, 09:57 AM)

I haven't heard of companies shopping for plan administrators in such a large corporation as USAirways.
Then you don't read very much or talk to your friends very much - big Corps do it all the time - I work for a fortune 500 - and we did a few years ago.

While I understand the premise of shopping around for a new plan administrator I question why now? East and west both already use Fidelity so you can't really pin this on the merger. The west has been using them for 12-13 years, now all the sudden they want to "shop" around? This isn't something that is integral to operational integration. I don't know, maybe I'm just being to pessimistic. I'm sure this change will be fairly easy and void of snafu's. Look how well the res migration went, I mean c'mon there are only a "few" fixes that need to be addressed. :rolleyes: