March Operating Profit

Bizman said:
The wage may in fact be "market" for the LLC's. You may not have been around to remember when CO was going through the downward sprial in wages in the early eighties. United pilots kept telling them to have some balls and don't let this happen, because it is dragging everyone else down. Well now that the shoe is on the other foot and I don't see the UA pilots or US for that matter stepping up to the plate for the rest of the industry. You got a lot of gall coming down on C54Capt, and the answer you got was well deserved. :up:
[post="268910"][/post]​

Thanks Bizman. Sometimes narrow-minded people like ualdriver can't see things for how they are.

Ualdriver,
What....,you take a cheap-shot at me and then expect me to not respond? This is not my first rodeo, cowboy, its called airline number 3. If you don't agree with my posts, that is fine, but when you start insulting my intelligence and debasing my position, I guarantee that I will hunt you down. If you would like to continue this conversation in this manner, I would welcome you to PM me, or we can continue on this public forum...your choice.

ualdriver said:
You're going to hunt me down? I think I'm done with you.
[post="268942"][/post]​
My my you are a sensitive one. OK, I'll spell it out for you... IT IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH. It means that I will not let you take cheap-shots at me and then let you go hide, especially when you are spewing bull####.. I am glad that you are done with me, as I was beginning to feel violated.

herkav8r said:
We have to have some positive news, not just the gloom and doom.

March Monthly Operating Report

UAL today also filed with the United States Bankruptcy Court its Monthly Operating Report for March. The company posted a $54 million operating profit for March. "Although we had a modest profit in the seasonally strong month of March, we need to complete our restructuring to be a viable company," said Brace. UAL met the requirements of its debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing.
The company projects fuel prices for the second quarter, including taxes and excluding the impact of hedges, to average $1.66 per gallon. The company has 20 percent of its expected fuel consumption for the second quarter hedged at an average of $1.31 per gallon, including taxes. Even if fuel prices are in the mid-fifty U.S. dollar per barrel range, United projects it would generate positive operating cash flow in the second quarter.
[post="268539"][/post]​
How can a BK carrier hedge?

C54Capt said:
My my you are a sensitive one. OK, I'll spell it out for you... IT IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH. It means that I will not let you take cheap-shots at me and then let you go hide, especially when you are spewing bull####.. I am glad that you are done with me, as I was beginning to feel violated.
[post="268964"][/post]​

I apologize if you felt I was attacking your intelligence. That whole little parry and thrust thing probably got a little out of control. I removed the offending posts. For the record, most of the people on this board are probably smarter than me anyway : )

UALdriver