Mechanic contract

We are in mediation. Met with the company and mediator over a week ago. Total secrecy. The IBT Airline Division has met privately with the company these last 6 months or so. That's very scary. The AD has done nothing but give away any leverage we have. The company continues to violate our contract without even a whisper from the mighty teamsters. The ibt kicked out our APU grievance without a reason. The resource letter arbitration has now been scheduled for December. Waiting on our medical grievance results. Should hear something in October. So much for teamster power.

xUT said:
I know every web site you started for the M&R is dead.
Need I know more?
B) xUT
Wow! You seem to know it all... Not! You haven't a clue my friend.

gtd said:
We are in mediation. Met with the company and mediator over a week ago. Total secrecy. The IBT Airline Division has met privately with the company these last 6 months or so. That's very scary. The AD has done nothing but give away any leverage we have. The company continues to violate our contract without even a whisper from the mighty teamsters. The ibt kicked out our APU grievance without a reason. The resource letter arbitration has now been scheduled for December. Waiting on our medical grievance results. Should hear something in October. So much for teamster power.
Sounds like the typical teamsters doing typical behind closed doors deals as they do everywhere they represent.  Well guess what?  You guys at UAL were warned long before you guys voted them in after BELIEVING their BS lies.  NOW, you guys have to deal with with them.  We don't want to hear your whining.  The exact same this is happening over at AA and US with the industrial unions of TWU and IAM.  If you guys had AMFA the membership would be so informed and included and ran by mechanics that what is happening at UAL would never happen because the membership would know what was going on.  NO SECRET NEGOTIATIONS as you speak of.  Hate to have to say it, but,  told you so brother.  We warned you guys and now you are living the warnings we gave you,  deal with it and move on, as will the AA and US guys if they vote the BS alliance in...

You are right on all accounts. Change? I have been chipping away since the ibt walked through our doors. Now we are merged with Continental which virtually double our numbers. Change is now more difficult. Even so, we will not give up. Hopefully the drive at AA will succeed and UAL won't be far behind.

So now swamt is the spokesperson for all the M&R for the whole industry. As he stated "we don't want to hear any whining."

swamt said:
Sounds like the typical teamsters doing typical behind closed doors deals as they do everywhere they represent.  Well guess what?  You guys at UAL were warned long before you guys voted them in after BELIEVING their BS lies.  NOW, you guys have to deal with with them.  We don't want to hear your whining.  The exact same this is happening over at AA and US with the industrial unions of TWU and IAM.  If you guys had AMFA the membership would be so informed and included and ran by mechanics that what is happening at UAL would never happen because the membership would know what was going on.  NO SECRET NEGOTIATIONS as you speak of.  Hate to have to say it, but,  told you so brother.  We warned you guys and now you are living the warnings we gave you,  deal with it and move on, as will the AA and US guys if they vote the BS alliance in...
As far as I'm aware, GT wasn't an IBT fan from the get-go. Neither was TSH. No need to preach to either of them.

gtd said:
You are right on all accounts. Change? I have been chipping away since the ibt walked through our doors. Now we are merged with Continental which virtually double our numbers. Change is now more difficult. Even so, we will not give up. Hopefully the drive at AA will succeed and UAL won't be far behind.
I commend your efforts 100%.  And pls don't take my rant as a reason to give up on trying to get AMFA back in at your carrier.  But I did try my best with alot of effort on this thread to warn the UAL guys (as well as others have too) about the teamsters.  Sorry for the dumping on you but your post triggered some past feelings.  Good luck in the future and hope to see AMFA at UAL again after the teamsters WILL fail you guys.  I am talking from first hand experience, not just spouting off without a clue here.  This will be the last time for AA to get AMFA in, if it does not happen this time they will be stuck with their alliance for life, I too, hope it does not come to this for the AA and US members of the mechanics craft and class.  Sorry to hear what you guys are going thru, but I have one question for you and your members at UAL,  where are ALL the promises the teamsters made to the membership when they were fighting to get on property?   Did they come thru with ANY of them that they promised??  Will they ever produce anything they have promised???  And how many years has it been????   BTW, how much are you guys paying in union dues to the teamsters now?????

We have been under the ibt dictatorship about six and a half years now. No promises kept of course. As a lead I am paying $85 per month. You are preaching to the choir here SWAMT. I have held the ibt accountable since they walked through the UAL doors. That's why they hate me so. From websites, newsletters and my email list I have been working to keep the membership informed with "HONEST" information. I have a network in place that drives the ibt crazy. Ears everywhere if you will. As this is happening we are watching the AA/US Air card drive in hoping they succeed and inspire our work group to get on board. Saying all this, would you or anyone else who has experienced the ibt tyranny like to write a short article that I could add to my newsletters. I would be happy to keep it anonymous. My email address is [email protected] GT

Let's see what happens in the near future.  I may be willing to do so, but not at this time.  Let's sit back and see happens at AA and US and go from there.  BTW all my rants about the ibt is well documented thru-out this forum numerous times...

I'm an AA mech, as I understand it, you guys are in mediation is that correct?

Also why was the last TA voted down?

Bigjets,

Yes we are in mediation. And, we have not had a TA as a combined work force yet. So, we have not turned down a TA as there was never one as of today.

whoop whoop said:
Bigjets,

Yes we are in mediation. And, we have not had a TA as a combined work force yet. So, we have not turned down a TA as there was never one as of today.
And how many years has it been with the very same two groups represented by the very same union?

Back