Memory lane trip

Awesome stroll down memory lane.... I noticed at the end of the rollout what appeared to be a 737 also in US Air colors... Those were the days huh... :) Just a bit before my time, but how nice it would be to work for an airline you were proud to work for... Thanks for the post...

Okay, for me... the really cool part is the privately owned MiG-15 and F-104 parked at the 32 second point.

So Envies Jester.

I always wondered how that 104 got in there, having a very high approach speed. As I remember, back then fighter aircraft purchased for private use had to be from out of country, as the US guillotined all of ours to prevent private ownership.

Don't recall which one, but the Skunk Works owned one of the hangers across the ramp and assembled the F-117's there. I used to see a C5 backed up with a tarp covering the back..eventually learned they were loading up the new ones and ferrying them to Dreamland.

Also used to to enjoy the boarding process with stairs, saw a lot of Hollywood folks.

Thanks for posting that Shirley!

RR

I remember a n00b pilot saying how we must be gearing up to get B747s because there were spaces for 4 engines in the aircraft log book. I burst his bubble when I reminded him about the 146s out west. :blink: :lol: Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. FAs didn't even train on them unless they were in a west coast base.

As I remember, back then fighter aircraft purchased for private use had to be from out of country, as the US guillotined all of ours to prevent private ownership.

Probably a Canadian built CF-104; there's several flying in civilian hands. A guy did put a F-104 together from parts in the 70s, but was subsequently destroyed when he ejected after not being able to get the gear down.

96d266cd.jpg

I'm sorry but that has to be the ugliest livery I've ever seen.

"Orange and red, the bird is dead" as some the RustHeads used to say. :p

Wow - I cannot believe they did the Four Stacks Visual approach to runway 15 instead of using Runway 8. Is this due to a lack of thrust reversers on the 146 and just the tail air brake?

Back