Merger article

Status
Not open for further replies.

usa1

Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Other merger combination's remain possibilities. Continental also held talks with American last year, while United had discussed a deal with US Airways.

LINK

Posted a couple days ago in another thread. The only reference to US Airways is that United held and dropped discussions with them last year.

I don't know if there is anything going on out there right now but Doug Paker has stated due to our size and route structure, we would be last on anybody's list as a merger partner. UA wants to merge with CO but CO is not interested. UA-US talks fell apart last year and with the recent DL-US slot swap...I thing a UA-US merger is even less likely. I have no idea what AA is up to but this info below was posted on another site.

"I work at a dealership in Charlotte and have heard from 3 people that have worked at USAirways for over 10 years that US/AA are up to something. What that is I have no clue and they wouldn't say too much about it, but did say in the near future that something would be coming up. They also said that is why they are trying to get the new international terminal started here in the next 6 months because it's soon to be a pretty big international hub in the next 5 years. IF any of that is true, it would be nice to see more wide bodies around and possibly more international carriers! Again, these are just rumors but I would think rumors that are coming from some people that know a little about what's going on at CLT and with US."

I don't know if there is anything going on out there right now but Doug Paker has stated due to our size and route structure, we would be last on anybody's list as a merger partner. UA wants to merge with CO but CO is not interested. UA-US talks fell apart last year and with the recent DL-US slot swap...I thing a UA-US merger is even less likely. I have no idea what AA is up to but this info below was posted on another site.

"I work at a dealership in Charlotte and have heard from 3 people that have worked at USAirways for over 10 years that US/AA are up to something. What that is I have no clue and they wouldn't say too much about it, but did say in the near future that something would be coming up. They also said that is why they are trying to get the new international terminal started here in the next 6 months because it's soon to be a pretty big international hub in the next 5 years. IF any of that is true, it would be nice to see more wide bodies around and possibly more international carriers! Again, these are just rumors but I would think rumors that are coming from some people that know a little about what's going on at CLT and with US."

I heard thru the cwa union grapevine that Parker has been talking to United for over a year now. Merger on the way...........

Status
Not open for further replies.