Merger Info

mrfish3726 said:
Here is a read for you Bus, but the Econimist is probably wrong to???

:unsure: Probably wished he'd have stayed in the OIL BUSINESS :blink:

http://www.economist.com/business/displayS...tory_id=3242961
[post="186430"][/post]​

What's your point? Things are tough? No sh1t. :rolleyes: That's readily admitted at UAL. But if things are tough at UAL, how can the possibly be peachy at an airline running with much worse margins? your latest arguments bring a whole new level of Comedy to the boards. Notice the other FRNT folks have gotton quite quiet on the subject. FRNT is in BIG trouble and you wil see some "big" changes before christmas. :shock: Quote me on it. Savy over on the U boards must've just become team lead for the late shift at BK, and offered to take resume's. You might want to act now to be at the front of the line...

I sense something. A presence I haven't felt in....ah, Mr. Positive is back, stalking again. Don't you have a Grizzly Bear or a Raccoon to play with on the road Fish? Don't worry about the bright things approaching...

WorldTraveler said:
I honestly think Delta's situation will be largely resolved within the next month if not less. DL's bond restructuring offer is due Oct 14 or so. DL just picked up about $350 million more based on the sale of its Orbitz stake (which is larger than that of any other airline if I am not mistaken - correct me if I'm wrong) and the sale of the MD11s to Fedex.
[post="186365"][/post]​

Just to clarify on the Orbitz thing ... UAL & AMR had larger stakes than DAL. Here's a link:
http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadli...38_FORTUNE5.htm
DAL got $143 million for it's Orbitz stake.

I can't find a link showing the sales price of the MD-11s, but I have a hard time believing that it's $207 million; that seems a bit high in today's market. Do you have any links to the sale?

One positive to point out about the selling of the Orbitz stock is that it gives all of those legacy carriers additional cash. UAL & AMR will raise $184 million.

Thanks, IFlyJetz on the Orbitz stakes. I thought I had remembered that DAL had retained a bit bigger share after the IPO last year but your article shows the opposite.

Several sources (including some quoted in Aviation Daily) have conjectured at the price Delta will get for its 8 MD11s but it’s generally in the $200-250 million neighborhood which is actually pretty low for 10-12 year old widebody aircraft. The question is whether those aircraft are security for any of DL’s debt; based on DL’s financial reports the MD90s and MD11s are not shown as being used to secure any debt.

It’s important to remember that 3 airlines have engaged in significant restructuring since 2002: AA, UA, and US (they all did layoffs and cuts immediately after 9/11). Although all airlines have improved productivity, DL is only now embarking in a large scale restructuring. Thus, you have to really compare DL’s performance 6 months FROM NOW with AA’s and UA’s six months AGO. AA and UA have begun to add capacity based on their cost cuts, thus their financial performance should reflect significant improvements. DL along with CO and NW do not have any labor cost cuts or significant capacity increases baked into their results since they have basically only added back the capacity they have cut during the Iraq invasion.

Also, while all carriers face LCC pricing pressure across their entire network (connecting traffic) DL has next to no major routes left that could fall to low cost competition since all of the major ATL markets except for ATL-Pacific northwest are low cost carrier priced. As mentioned, UA still has significant exposure in both IAD and SFO, AA has it at DFW and MIA, CO has it at EWR and IAH, NW has it at all of its hubs, and US has it at CLT plus what has now been priced by LCCs at PHL. In short, future revenue decreases because of LCC will not be equally spread out across all of the network carriers. I can’t quantify it but I would bet that AA is most exposed.

NHBB,
I agree that American Eagle will be an increasingly powerful force AA can use in the near future to pick off revenue from other carriers. It will be interesting to see what they do in DFW w/ RJs since they converted a lot of markets to RJs to compete w/ DL; now that DL is leaving, I wouldn’t be surprised if they put some of the Saabs back in some of those markets or at least use the new RJ deliveries for new markets rather than turbo replacements. Delta has been using those pesky jets for several years to get into other carriers’ business rather effectively… an example AA has surely not missed.

Heard a piece on the radio that WN’s CEO said they are looking at adding service to DFW but haven’t seen it in print. As I have stated, those 20 open gates at DFW are bad news for AA since it opens up the possibility of LCC competition for AA.

NRT is a great hub but I think you will see its importance diminish in the future to NW’s detriment. UA already overflies NRT to a number of Asian markets along w/ its NRT hub and AA, CO, and DL will certainly add NRT overfly flights. I think NW will soon need to develop a strategy to overfly NRT as well.

Posted on Fri, Oct. 01, 2004

Southwest eyes Dallas airport as Delta pulls out

Associated Press

DALLAS - Delta Air Lines Inc.'s planned losses at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport could be Southwest Airlines Co.'s gain, as the low-fare carrier reportedly considers expanding beyond its Dallas Love Field hub.

Read It Here

BUS,

FRNT is in BIG trouble and you wil see some "big" changes before christmas. Quote me on it.

Filling this one away for a later date! Your two FUNNY BUSSY! We'll see were the BIG changes take place BEFORE X-MAS! By then you might be regretting making this post. :up:

mrfish3726 said:
BUS,

FRNT is in BIG trouble and you wil see some "big" changes before christmas. Quote me on it.
Filling this one away for a later date! Your two FUNNY BUSSY! We'll see were the BIG changes take place BEFORE X-MAS! By then you might be regretting making this post. :up:
[post="186579"][/post]​

Fish,

If it is not too dificult could you consult a spell checker or an english for dummies book? Reading your post is akin to trying to decipher the unabomber manifesto.

TWO= the number 2
TOO= Too much
to= also

So if I read your post correctly bussy is actually 2 people?

next,

were= we
Where= place, location

You post would mean FRNT is in for big changes. Is this what you ment? Don't doubt that big changes could occur at FRNT, just not the ones you envision.

by the way I sent Tilton a note asking him to hurry and take my pension. I want him to use the funds to go hunting for airlines in DEN to do away with.

Magsau,

At least you'll have something to fall back on! :up: A grammar teacher possibly? Back on topic, Merger INFO NEVER HAPPEN! Governement stepped in before (NO), they'd have a good laugh before they stepped in again (NEVER HAPPEN).

"by the way I sent Tilton a note asking him to hurry and take my pension. I want him to use the funds to go hunting for airlines in DEN to do away with."
[post="186583"][/post]​
[/quote]

magsau,

This kind of thinking is very sad. Its troubles me that people within this industry wish ill will on each other. People need to step back and think about what they are saying. Wishing that others will be out of work and families devistated just because they work for a different company is evil. This statement applies to all folks with this mindset regardless of company affiliation.

Latest posts