Merger Rumor Mill Can Begin Now

Don't see that happening FLY, but thanks for the vote of confidance :up: . I forsee more job loss at UniTED before you see it here at F-9. As a matter of fact we just took delivery of two new planes, so the hiring continues DOLL!

I think a merger with F9 makes the most sense. UA can make F9 entirely TED. Spelling tests will be crucial for former F9 employees who wish to stay on at UA, crucial I say! We really need their Advertising Agency, after all!

How much did Frontier lose last quarter? How much will they lose this quarter? Hmmm, Ted must really be taking a bite out of them. Too bad, so sad.

How much did TED LOSE FLY? How much of UniTED 4Q 600+ MIL was attributed to TED :shock: ??? The loses for F9's quarter were already posted here, they were no surprise to anyone working here. But even for our size 8.6 MIL VS 600+ MIL there is NO comparison! I'd like to see the STATS for TEDS SYS WIDE LF and profit margins myself so we could compare numbers. Oh but being still very much a part of UniTED Mainline (AKA UniTED Shuttle), they won't POST TEDS NUMBERS!!!!! Proof is in the pudding they say FLY! :up:

C54Capt said:
boeing787,

I am going to save this post and show it to you at the end of the year. It is shameless that you so boldly predict the future, full of hopes that other airlines fail, which would leave your industry peers jobless. Bravo.

My only prediction is that CAL and UAL will not merge, at least not this year. My hopes are for the success of all who have choosen this profession , especially during these difficult times.
[post="248974"][/post]​

c54,
I am going to save this post and research your past writings on this board for similiar bold and anti-ual postings. You have been very vocal in the past against UAL in your comments. Some of the windows in your glass house were just broken. Now that the press has gone from "if united will exit" to "what will united do when it exits" - a lot of people are starting to get scared. The industry has gone from wanting to profit off UAL's failure to wanting to profit off UAL's exit.

UAL is not going anywhere, and we have done a lot of hard and painful work over the last two years to COMPETE very aggressively and efficiently against other airlines. Other airlines like F9 have grown at the expense of others pain and suffering. UAL took that medicine, and as you know the airline industry is very cyclical. Hey, it's just business.....

Good Luck indeed.

JBG

jbGuppy,

What news have you been reading, company bulletins??? Many people in the media that follow this industry and know this industry are still predicting that UniTED HAS A VERY LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGG WAY TO GO STILL to exit BK.

mrfish3726 said:
jbGuppy,

What news have you been reading, company bulletins??? Many people in the media that follow this industry and know this industry are still predicting that UniTED HAS A VERY LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
[post="249090"][/post]​

Are these the same "sources" that were convinced UAL wouldn't make it through summer 2003? :rolleyes:

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :blink:

jbguppy said:
c54,
I am going to save this post and research your past writings on this board for similiar bold and anti-ual postings. You have been very vocal in the past against UAL in your comments. Some of the windows in your glass house were just broken. Now that the press has gone from "if united will exit" to "what will united do when it exits" - a lot of people are starting to get scared. The industry has gone from wanting to profit off UAL's failure to wanting to profit off UAL's exit.

UAL is not going anywhere, and we have done a lot of hard and painful work over the last two years to COMPETE very aggressively and efficiently against other airlines. Other airlines like F9 have grown at the expense of others pain and suffering. UAL took that medicine, and as you know the airline industry is very cyclical. Hey, it's just business.....
Good Luck indeed.

JBG
[post="249085"][/post]​

jbguppy,

I think that when you research my posts you will find that my prediction was that UAL would emerge from BK this spring. That post was almost a year ago. That was when you all were saying BK exit was to happen last summer. Now it looks as if the new target is next fall. I have always contended that UAL would not go away, and believe that UAL/F9 competition is good in Denver. Any negative posts that you may refer to are most likely in response to either misinformation by another poster, response to a ill wisher, or frustration with the BK proccess (including the rape and pillage of the unions), which we all can appreciate. Most of my thoughts are echoed by my friends that still fly at UAL, so don't be so fast to throw stones at me.

casual rat,

Your F9/UAL merger may not be as crazy as it seems. I could see Ted being spun off into a seperate Frontier brand for a major LCC division of the combined companies, which would totally dominate the Denver market. That being said and certainly no offense, but I hope it doesn't happen.

KCFlyer said:
I asked my fifth grader what you get when you add one negative number to another negative number, and she told me that you get a bigger negative number. Are they teaching our kids the wrong stuff??
[post="248854"][/post]​
Not really. The problem wasn't your fifth grader; it was you. Ask the wrong question, and you get the right answer to the question, but the wrong answer to the problem you are trying to solve.

Maybe I need an economist to explain the concept of one bankrupt company merging with another bankrupt company to produce a single financially healthy company.
Maybe you do. <_< I'll try, though I only play an economist on the Internet. :p

If you have two companies, both in the same industry, and both a bit top-heavy (though not necessarily in the sense that Fly's avatar is), a merger of the two, coupled with a reduction in staffing commensurate with elimination of redundancies, can turn losing companies into a single profitable entity.

Having said that, there is little indication that a merger of UA and US would be profitable, because the problems are far more deeply embedded in the fundamental culture of the companies.

The notion that smaller is better still cracks me up. If tiny little airlines were the wave of the future, UAL wouldn't have a single flight between it's hubs, and treat each one as it's own business.

Why wouldn't FRNT, Blu, SWA, Valujet not want mergers, and had rather "grow" instead? because when your MERGE, you don't get a bunch of first year low cost employees.

mrfish3726 said:
jbGuppy,

[post="249090"][/post]​

It is simple math, not company bulletins. Hey, I don't like the numbers on the paycheck compared to what they used to be - but job security, and working for a growing company are worth a lot. I will enjoy the shoe being on the other foot, and unlike you I won't bask in the glow of others misfortune and taunt them on a message board non-stop....

I wonder how much f9 is worth? Its only about 35 airbusses right?

Good Luck indeed,

JBG

So fish,

If and when UAL exits BK will you hoist your lug wrench toward the efforts and acknowledge the success or will you continue to seek the feces in the punch bowl?

My guess is on the later as you can not allow reasoning when it comes to past mistakes you have made. Oh well Bon Voyage (good bye) you miserable SOB. The merger of F9 and AAI will be a good one for you. I hear MCO in the summer is alot like DEN. Wait maybe it is NOT alot like DEN. Oh well what do I know, I just work for good ol'UAL.

Perhaps you and World could have group effort in UA bashing. Gratify eachother to your little hearts content.

michael,
if any of the legacy airlines could merge and create a viable company by eliminating redundancies in order to become profitable, they can do it and remain separate and independent companies. Not one legacy airline has eliminated costs and stabilized revenue to the point that they are viable airlines by themselves. and for those of you who think I'm perpetually biased to Delta let me clarify by saying that includes DL along w/ AA, CO, NW, UA, AND US. The prize at this point goes to the airline that is first able to become a profitable airline and over 2 years into bankruptcy I am highly skeptical it will be UA despite their multiple ETDs from bankruptcy. I happen to think that DL has the most compelling turnaround plan and is executing precisely against it despite having been the last of the big 3 to begin restructuring.

mags,
my job here is to make sure you and everyone else at UA faces the facts - all of them. At last US has finally faced the reality of the deep doodoo they are in and have a decent plan to survive; problem is there are so many other carriers that are out to kill US - which is alot easier task than to kill UA given US' rather diminuitive size.

Back