Possible Usair Calls Routed To Ua

tinpadro

Jan 21, 2004
Can any of u rez folks check this out. My rez buddys inform me that they have been getting calls from USAir pax claiming they went through USAir VRU but somehow ended up with a United agent. This has happened quite a bit. Not the usual fluke from misdialing and such. At UA agents now have to remove the "thank you for calling United" intro from any VRU dropped calls. Now I have been in rez and call centers a long time and I have never heard of a company saying dont say the intro on a call. You WILL always get marked down for that one.

UA mgt says its redundant but somehow I think its USAir work flowing to UA via the VRU. Since USAir is down on call centers and UA is farming work to India and Canada I have a sneaky suspicion its on the road to merger. Now I know thats a stretch but it does make sense from a rez perspective. USair is already racing to the bottom on wages all you need is Glenn Tilton to say look we need USAir now to make one whole company with the low wages and look our agents already do each others job. At UA the que work has already been removed from our Mexico rez office and sent to india because mgt said Mex rez costs too much at 4 dollars an hour and they can beat that by outsourcing.

I hope its not the rumor mill but I wonder if you guys can check that vru on your end to make sure it stays in house.

Good luck brothers

VRU = "Voice Response Unit"

It's the machine you talk to when you don't talk to a person.

Pleazzee, sounds like the rumor mill is workinng over time. Come on, that doesn't even sound legal-bait and switch. There is plenty of stuff to get worked up about with U, why try and stir up trouble. People are prone to error and confusion. I don't know how many times I'd answer the phone, Usairways. . . and they would say, "Is this Delta??". United, Usairways, next to each other in phone book, misdailed. . . End of story

"They" can't even get the code share problems worked out(as far as causing utter confusion to the pax(understandably so) and ZERO recognition in kiosks for chk-in(a pain in the ###)..so..a MERGER??Bwahahaha!! :p :censored:

Wouldn't this be the illegal "bait-and-switch" sales technique?

I wanted to buy a Sony, but all they had was a Samsung?