Merry Christmas 2014

If it were up to me the 'Christian' holiday would be in March. In winter you have Hanukkah, Ramadan. Kwanza, etc.

In March there are NO RIVAL HOLIDAYS. For Christians, Easter is the true holiday. But I'll continue to sing to the choir.

signals said:
If it were up to me the 'Christian' holiday would be in March. In winter you have Hanukkah, Ramadan. Kwanza, etc.

In March there are NO RIVAL HOLIDAYS. For Christians, Easter is the true holiday. But I'll continue to sing to the choir.
Ramadan is a moving target following the lunar calendar.
Kwanza .... LOL :p
Then there is "Festivus" :p
DOH!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, but little dogs live twice as much as larger dogs. A Great Dane has a 9-11 year life expectancy, while a chihuahua life expectancy could be 20 years.

In other words, the bigger the dog the less life.

signals said:
Actually March 1 might be the real New Year, but I'm to tired to check so I'm going by Jan. and Feb. added to the Caesarian calendar.

Signals, I'm inclined to agree with you as to the month being March.
Spring is seen as a 're-birth' of the earth, grass's, trees, plants, the animals giving birth etc, followed by the other 3 phases of the year.
I'm thinking it's a sure bet that our Creator planned it that way.  What sense would it make for new born calfs, or cubs or on and on and on, to br 'dropped' in the dead of winter ?

Could the above scenario seem confusing if people lived in an equitorial climate all year long ?  Sure, but the vast majority of the earths population live in a 4 climate area.

xUT said:
Ramadan is a moving target following the lunar calendar.
Kwanza .... LOL :p
Then there is "Festivus" :p
DOH!

You see the Kwanza parade that went down I think in LA?

KwanzaaNonParade122614inLA.jpg

In an example of shameless Soviet-level deceit, CBS-LA reported colorful details, such as:

Some participants walked the parade carrying signs underlining important issues to the community, such as police brutality, home foreclosures, judicial corruption, transparency in government and environmental racism.

Except — there was no parade.
None.

delldude said:

You see the Kwanza parade that went down I think in LA?

KwanzaaNonParade122614inLA.jpg

In an example of shameless Soviet-level deceit, CBS-LA reported colorful details, such as:

Some participants walked the parade carrying signs underlining important issues to the community, such as police brutality, home foreclosures, judicial corruption, transparency in government and environmental racism.

Except — there was no parade.
None.
No parade? -------- No! They wouldn't be lying to us, would they? ------- Again?