Mesa Obtains Us Airways Express Assets

I know that Chip said U would get the 8 million DIP back but I wouldn't count those chickens yer. Mesa is only paying 9.15 million. After the BK and liquidation expenses are paid, ALL the creditors are in line for their share of the rest. I suspect that U will get less than 8 million and end up paying Mesa a profit to operate the RJ's - if they fly under U's colors.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
I know that Chip said U would get the 8 million DIP back but I wouldn't count those chickens yer. Mesa is only paying 9.15 million. After the BK and liquidation expenses are paid, ALL the creditors are in line for their share of the rest. I suspect that U will get less than 8 million and end up paying Mesa a profit to operate the RJ's - if they fly under U's colors.

Jim
DIP lenders are at the front of the line.

jack mama said:
AOG,
Why do you think US Airways loses out if Mesa picks up the slots and flying from Midway?
One way US stands to loose is the fact that these assets , which were used as security in the loan ( which came out of our pockets ) are in the control of a contract airline. Remember Mesa flies for more than just USAirways ... so in effect can be used against us . Furthermore , US has little control over the quality of the product Mesa puts forth as a USAirways product. :angry:

after 17 years... furloughed for 11months , 7days :down:

AOG,
I would not fear JO overtaking Dave. Wasn't Dave his boss at CO exp? And Bob Fergerson worked with them too. I would bank on them working together, not against each other. Plus, doesn't Mesa participate in J4J? That is better than nothing...
We need all the RJs we can get providing revenue for US Airways. As far as the DIP financing, the investment paid off if US or one of our business partners benefited.

And what is the UA/ACA debacle? If it works out according to plan, Mesa will get all that flying in IAD to serve UA and US...that would be great news for us.

jack mama said:
AOG,
I would not fear JO overtaking Dave. Wasn't Dave his boss at CO exp? And Bob Fergerson worked with them too. I would bank on them working together, not against each other. Plus, doesn't Mesa participate in J4J? That is better than nothing...
We need all the RJs we can get providing revenue for US Airways. As far as the DIP financing, the investment paid off if US or one of our business partners benefited.

And what is the UA/ACA debacle? If it works out according to plan, Mesa will get all that flying in IAD to serve UA and US...that would be great news for us.
Friends in business ?....with these egoes involved ???? What a riot :D

This reminds me of a joke about taking a naive individual on a camping trip. :shock:

jack mama said:
Plus, doesn't Mesa participate in J4J? That is better than nothing...
I don't disagree with with the fact revenue is needed as quickly as possible, but J4J helps only ALPA. What about F/As, mechanics, fleet service, C/S, dispatch, and all the others. Oh yeah, we get job offers at Mid Atlantic with a contract clause allowing the company to outsource anything and everything.

You can have J4J at a WO!!!!! where the contracts are much better. But instead, we purchase RJ's for MESA so they can rob money from US Air as well as fly competitors routes. Yes we are buying the jets for MESA. With the money they make from U they purchase AC, operate them, more or less pay crews, and still make a profit. Good job "Dave" I think you should give yourself another bonus.

well it gets even better....it seems there are at least two CRJ 700's with USAir paint on them, more than one person has commented to me regarding seeing this. However, I have yet to see one come to DC. I do know the new hire FA's have been told that PHL is to be the -700 base. But, they're FA's, take it with a grain of salt.

So Mesa has picked up the Midway assets...One would assume that includes all of
their operating certificates which would most likley include not only the CRJs but the 737s certifcate also. Will wonders never cease. All his for 9 mil. Interesting

Latest posts