Mesa's Outstanding Onboard Service

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
I was nonreving on a flight from Puerto Vallarta to Phoenix on Mesa (crj-900). After the bell went off and the f/a started making the announcement about PED's I got up and went into the overhead to get my dvd player out. During the announcement she said, "Sir,Sir,Sir SIT DOWN". Now being a flight attendant at US east I had no idea what the hell I did wrong. She then came up to me and asked if there was something I needed. I told her what I was doing and she said that the captain keeps the seatbelt sign on until AFTER their service is done due to no space in the aisle. A gentleman in the exit row got up to use the bathroom and was told to remain seated and that the bathroom was locked during service. This was so insane. I can't even make this crap up. I then let her know that I was a f/a at US east and have nerver heard of such a thing as not being allowed up during service or before it even started, let alone locking a bathroom. Her words exactly, "This is MESA and Not US Airways". Ummm ok? We were not permitted out of our seats until the captain came on and said we were passing through 24,000 feet. The f/a flying up front was not that bad but still had the look to kill on her face. The one in the back was beyond horrible. I have heard many things about mesa that have not been so kind. This being my first time on mesa I can say that it was not a good impression. Especially with my being a f/a ya tend to give the f/a working the benefit of the doubt. HORRIBLE! ! ! !

I was nonreving on a flight from Puerto Vallarta to Phoenix on Mesa (crj-900). After the bell went off and the f/a started making the announcement about PED's I got up and went into the overhead to get my dvd player out. During the announcement she said, "Sir,Sir,Sir SIT DOWN". Now being a flight attendant at US east I had no idea what the hell I did wrong. She then came up to me and asked if there was something I needed. I told her what I was doing and she said that the captain keeps the seatbelt sign on until AFTER their service is done due to no space in the aisle. A gentleman in the exit row got up to use the bathroom and was told to remain seated and that the bathroom was locked during service. This was so insane. I can't even make this crap up. I then let her know that I was a f/a at US east and have nerver heard of such a thing as not being allowed up during service or before it even started, let alone locking a bathroom. Her words exactly, "This is MESA and Not US Airways". Ummm ok? We were not permitted out of our seats until the captain came on and said we were passing through 24,000 feet. The f/a flying up front was not that bad but still had the look to kill on her face. The one in the back was beyond horrible. I have heard many things about mesa that have not been so kind. This being my first time on mesa I can say that it was not a good impression. Especially with my being a f/a ya tend to give the f/a working the benefit of the doubt. HORRIBLE! ! ! !
Ummm...did she have all of her teeth? Non-reved home to Little Rock and the guy working my mesa flight DIDN'T!!!! Yuck!!! but at least he was nice.

:down: :down: :down: MESA is a MESSA!! US should be ashamed to have them as a partner. They hire the bottom of the barrel. Flew them a few times and vowed NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

We have all heard the horror stories about Mesa. I just thought that because they were an express carrier they were being treated harsh sometimes. WELL I can't believe what I witnessed. Oh yeah, the girl that called me out while standing was wearing a double post piercing in her ear. ya know the kind thats on the upper ear with two balls at each end. She had long black hair and was in fact wider than the aisle. Not sure if they were keeping the movement in the cabin down to a minimum for the carts or their rears. Honestly the worst I have ever seen.

We have all heard the horror stories about Mesa. I just thought that because they were an express carrier they were being treated harsh sometimes. WELL I can't believe what I witnessed. Oh yeah, the girl that called me out while standing was wearing a double post piercing in her ear. ya know the kind thats on the upper ear with two balls at each end. She had long black hair and was in fact wider than the aisle. Not sure if they were keeping the movement in the cabin down to a minimum for the carts or their rears. Honestly the worst I have ever seen.
OMG! That's the chick that used to hang out at the Seashell Lounge in Moon Toownship.....we wondered WHERE she has been, she usually always started the "Here We Go cheer..." and I thought swa hired IT :lol:

I think this is the most over blown thread ever. A FA asks you to sit down and you decide to write a 3 page thread about it. Give me a break. I was on a U 757 (almost empty) and a male FA fell asleep in the last row. Snoring away. Certinly a bigger deal then your petty story. Did I come on here or any other site bashing U FAs? Get a life. I have tons of other U FA stories but I am not a big enough dork to come on here and cry about it. -Cape

I think this is the most over blown thread ever. A FA asks you to sit down and you decide to write a 3 page thread about it. Give me a break. I was on a U 757 (almost empty) and a male FA fell asleep in the last row. Snoring away. Certinly a bigger deal then your petty story. Did I come on here or any other site bashing U FAs? Get a life. I have tons of other U FA stories but I am not a big enough dork to come on here and cry about it. -Cape
Ya know, I will accept this kind of response from you as I expect that you work for that horrible airline. I'm sure many have stories about their own airline and others alike but what happened to me was not OVERBLOWN. Reread my post and you tell me that seems like a normal situation. Well I guess it IS the norm for Mesa. What a horrible airline and would be embarrassed to admit that I worked there. I guess somebody has to do it. Maybe your friends with the girl on that plane "Cape".....LOL....LOL....LOL....LOL....LOL. MESA BLOWS

Oh come on every freakin regional uses Mesa as an example of what "NOT" to do. You have to be kidding me. I have some friends that fly for Mesa (pilots) and they will admit it. All we need now is for Mesa to move their operation over to Apache Junction (aka ghetto of Arizona)so that their flight attendants won't have to commute!!! Please!! YV is the worst (thanks to your scum sucking money grubbing CEO) and the entire industry knows it.

Doeas anyone think the onboard experience can be enhanced at MESA by having their "Hoochie mommas" prance about the cabin with the US F/C snack basket and ample supplies of the Heritage logo pins? :lol:

Oh come on every freakin regional uses Mesa as an example of what "NOT" to do. You have to be kidding me. I have some friends that fly for Mesa (pilots) and they will admit it. All we need now is for Mesa to move their operation over to Apache Junction (aka ghetto of Arizona)so that their flight attendants won't have to commute!!! Please!! YV is the worst (thanks to your scum sucking money grubbing CEO) and the entire industry knows it.

Mesa does suck, no doubt. Was not my point. What's funny is a bunch of U employees telling me my airline sucks. Every time I walk into ops and look at the wall there is a poster of monthly airline stats from the DOT. On that poster (every month) it shows US Airways dead last in almost every category. Go ahead and check tomorrow. Where is the great U in costumer complaints? Let me guess, LAST. ha ha ha. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe one day you guys will wake up and realize that U is the Mesa of the Majors. -Cape

ps funny that no one addressed the pothetic U FA SLEEPING in the airplane while on duty. ha ha.

Ironically, when I worked for YV (many years ago), the biggest service hurdle was a lack of flight crews. Inflight service complaints weren't even on most flier's radar(s), because they never were able to take off to experience it....

Clearly like everything else at Mesa you don't have your facts straight AGAIN. Was just reviewing the latest DOT stats and US is nowhere near dead last. In fact in the last quarter on-time performance was in the top 10. HP was 3rd & US 7th directly behind SWA.

I don't know exactly how the DOT stats are compiled but I can't help but wonder if US's numbers would be even better if Mesa was out of the picture altogether.

Even Mishandled bags numbers are on the uptick. Thinks are improving operationally at US. Can Mess-Up say the same?

Bob, glad you just read the latest stats. Would you please post what position U is in Costumer Complaints for the month?

As for Mesa, in NOV, our America West unit had a better on time then mainline AW. And you say they came in 3rd? -Cape

I feel kind of bad, I do not want to pick on Cape, at least they have one employee who shows some pride and that is a start. It's actually kind of sad, just think of the potential that Mesa has!!! If their company didn't treat their employees like they were sub-human then they would probably be right up there with SkyWest!!

No one responded to the tale of the sleeping F/A because it's most likely made up. How do you know he wasn't a jumpseater? Do you have proof that he was working that flight? Does a commuter pilot really know all that much about F/A staffing, cabin jumpseat rules, and crew rests on 757s? Probably not.

Mesa is appalling. Republc has taken over by far for most hated, but at least they seem to try. Mesa is the model for lost customers through outsourcing. Thier flight attendants are an absolute disgrace, and Mesas service has made some of US FF's choose a new airline. You overhear passengers talk about Mesa in the airport, they are so bad people know who they are and try to avoid them. They do have some good employees but they seem to leave quickly while the freakshows stay to ruin every airline brand in the US. Mesa just reeks of cheap, bottom of the barrel, desperate to fly planes and take jobs at any price.