Michael Moore Is Alright,but...

Its on drudge, so it must be true right? :huh: Why not just post some stories from the national inquirer. :lol:

sentrido said:
Its on drudge, so it must be true right? :huh: Why not just post some stories from the national inquirer. :lol:
Or better yet, why don't we highlight some of the "truth" in Fahrenheit 9/11?

What a joke! :shock:

That would be a nice change from the sort of attempted character assassination we see here.

Main Entry: character assassination
Function: noun
: the slandering of a person usually with the intention of destroying public confidence in that person

The preferred Republican method for dealing with those who dare question them.

USAir757 said:
Or better yet, why don't we highlight some of the "truth" in Fahrenheit 9/11?
I believe the difference is that nobody here is claiming that Fahrenheit 9/11 is gospel.

Nobody is claiming Drudge Report or Enquirer gospel for that matter either. I'm just talking about the new "spokesperson" for the democratic party, and his illusive and distorted view of reality.

Ignorance:
1. The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
2. Michael Moore Fox News/Oreilly and Moore

Republicans and democrats respond to being questioned in the same way. How do you feel about this guy being associated with your party? I sure am glad we don't have one like him on our side. Talk about character assassination.

Please, like sean hannity is the beacon of truth! Guess what, you do have a few on "your side".
Not that I feel a terrible need to stick up for Moore, but hes done a pretty good job of ripping bill clinton and the Democrats in the past also. And you right wing NRA guys forget that his last movie pretty much affirmed the fact that guns dont kill people, people kill people. Nobody was complaining about that, hun?

Just so you know where i'm comming from, I havent seen F911, and I dont plan to before the election. I've heard a lot of critisizm about the movie, in the press and people i know who have seen it.I have heard almost NO DISPUTE OF THE FACTS AND EVENTS IN THE MOVIE.Just a lot of accusations of lying, mostly from other people who havent seen it even. From what i have heard it is very biased and one sided. But presenting FACTS and letting the view make whatever inferences from that is not the same as STATING A LIE.
Mr. Bush has done that in the past also. How many speeches have Al-queeda, WMD, 911, and Saddam been mentioned in the same breath?

UAL_TECH said:
DellDude,

Now I see why your membership does not respect your opinions.

Your moronic political posts mirror your union convictions.

JMHO,

B) UT
like your opinion matters to me my friend.....don't -how you say, don't wee wee on me and claim its raining??
go for it amfa fool....... :lol:
i see you intimate being a kerry suck boy......i pray for you and your demented convictions. :shock:

If Al-Quaida could vote, they'd vote for Kerry. You can't dispute that. Much like most democrats, I think they also have that "anybody but Bush" mentality.

sentrido said:
I have heard almost NO DISPUTE OF THE FACTS AND EVENTS IN THE MOVIE.

Mr. Bush has done that in the past also. How many speeches have Al-queeda, WMD, 911, and Saddam been mentioned in the same breath?
There has been a steady stream of disputes as to what is shown in that movie. Plenty of people have come forward to say that what they said was ignored, malipulated and taken out of context.

Oh yeah, there was also that one newspaper that was shown with a headline in the movie, except that that paper never ran that headline. It was the title of an OP-ed piece written by a reader.

And if you still believe that there was no connection between IRAQ and Al-queda then you either live in a cave or read only dem propoganda. I won't even mention the large quantites of WMD and raw materials found that are easily put together to create more WMD.

FredF said:
And if you still believe that there was no connection between IRAQ and Al-queda then you either live in a cave or read only dem propoganda. I won't even mention the large quantites of WMD and raw materials found that are easily put together to create more WMD.
I don't think I believe "propoganda"...I listen and read many different sources. And I still think any link between Iraq and Al Queada is still in the "six degrees of separation" variety.

Bear in mind that when one's primary information sources are Newsmax and Fox News, they are exposed to just as much propoganda as those damn liberals. Hate to burst the bubble.

USAir757 said:
If Al-Quaida could vote, they'd vote for Kerry. You can't dispute that.
Yes, I can. I doubt any Democrat would have done as good a job getting new recruits for al Qaida as Bush has.

FredF said:
There has been a steady stream of disputes as to what is shown in that movie. Plenty of people have come forward to say that what they said was ignored, malipulated and taken out of context.

Oh yeah, there was also that one newspaper that was shown with a headline in the movie, except that that paper never ran that headline. It was the title of an OP-ed piece written by a reader.

That headline was the only thing I ever heard. If thats the best there is, thats pretty weak, Bush used quotes from op ed peices in his attack adds, and pretended they were from real journalists. If you have some sources that show a FACTUAL DISPUTE with the movie I would love for you to site them. So the rest of us can see them.

heres my stolen retort to your wmd/al-queeda rant:

Well before they made their declarations that Iraq had nuclear weapons, the Bush administration's own intelligence agencies, the IAEA and others warned the White House that the claim could not be substantiated.  Nonetheless, President Bush and Vice President Cheney proceeded to repeatedly claim Iraq had nuclear weapons.

Before they made their claims that Iraq "possesses" chemical and biological weapons, the Pentagon's intelligence agency told the White House the claim could not be supported, and the State Department's intelligence experts told Colin Powell not to make the claim in his key speech to the U.N. They ignored the warnings.

A month after top members of Bush's own party, including Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE), admitted there was no intelligence proving an Iraq-al Qaeda connection, President Bush began telling the country that "you can't distinguish between Saddam and al Qaeda."  He and other officials proceeded to ignore key warnings from terrorism and intelligence experts that there was no connection, and continued to assert there was.  Vice President Cheney, when called onto the carpet, even began referring to documents previously discredited by the Pentagon to claim his Iraq-al Qaeda assertions were accurate.  Even today, after the 9/11 Commission has definitively shown there was "no credible evidence" of an Iraq-al Qaeda collaboration, the administration continues to assert there is "overwhelming evidence" proving their case.  They have provided no evidence.

I cant believe you guys chose Bush instead of this guy:

(08-05) 07:20 PDT WASHINGTON (AP) --

Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well.

"It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said in an interview with The Associated Press, referring to his bitter Republican primary fight with President Bush.

The 60-second ad features Vietnam veterans who accuse the Democratic presidential nominee of lying about his decorated Vietnam War record and betraying his fellow veterans by later opposing the conflict.

"When the chips were down, you could not count on John Kerry," one of the veterans, Larry Thurlow, says in the ad.

The ad, scheduled to air in a few markets in Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin, was produced by Stevens, Reed, Curcio and Potham, the same team that produced McCain's ads in 2000.

"I wish they hadn't done it," McCain said of his former advisers. "I don't know if they knew all the facts."

Asked if the White House knew about the ad or helped find financing for it, McCain said, "I hope not, but I don't know. But I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad."

Later, McCain said the Bush campaign has denied any involvement and added, "I can't believe the president would pull such a cheap stunt."

The White House did not immediately address McCain's call that they repudiate the spot.

Steve Schmidt, a spokesman for the Bush-Cheney campaign, said Kerry's record and statements on the war on terrorism -- not his service in Vietnam -- are fair game. "The Bush campaign never has and will never question John Kerry's service in Vietnam," he said.

In 2000, Bush's supporters sponsored a rumor campaign against McCain in the South Carolina primary, helping Bush win the primary and the nomination. McCain's supporters have never forgiven the Bush team.

McCain said that's all in the past to him, but he's speaking out against the anti-Kerry ad because he believes it's bad for the political system. "It reopens all the old wounds of the Vietnam War, which I spent the last 35 years trying to heal," he said.

"I deplore this kind of politics. I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. As it is, none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded. Many of his crew have testified to his courage under fire. I think John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam. I think George Bush served honorably in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War."

McCain himself spent more than five years in a Vietnam prisoner of war camp. A bona fide war hero, McCain, like Kerry, used his war record as the foundation of his presidential campaign.

The Kerry campaign has denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, saying none of the men in the ad served on the boat that Kerry commanded. The leader of the group, retired Adm. Roy Hoffmann, said none of the 13 veterans in the commercial served on Kerry's boat but rather were in other swiftboats within 50 yards of Kerry's.

Jim Rassmann, an Army veteran who was saved by Kerry, said there were only six crewmates who served with Kerry on his boat. Five support his candidacy and one is deceased.

Back